Juggernauts Blueberry Bonanza

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by PTjuggernaut, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Merry Christmas dude!

• Like Like x 1
  2. #22 PTjuggernaut, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2013
    So its been a couple days since I messed with the girls. Not too much growth happenin up top, but I do notice the next set of leaves coming.The yellowing stopped as soon as I let the girls dry out a bit. Patin myself on the back because I was finally right about something lol. So now I give them drops of water at a time. I also added aqua shield and roots excelurator to promote root growth and keep the nasties at bay. They also serve as my nutes for now. I was afraid with my earlier overwatering, that I may have washed the nutrients out of my cubes. So far so good. Ph @ 5.8 and 100 ppm.

3. Grow man grow!   :ey:

• Like Like x 1
  4. #24 PTjuggernaut, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
    Idk what's going on, but I'm getting some brown slime action in my res. 1) its primarily on my airstones 2) I'm using aqua shield. So Wtf?If this is that Brown algae I'm going to flip my shit. My res temp never goes over 74, I have no light leaks and I have a 35watt air pump for 10 gal. Been trying to find an answer, but of course,(like all weed topics) there is debate. Kinda feelin meh right now.

5. Seems to me its your nutrients?

I used a modified lucas formula in my bubble bucket.

Gen Hydro Flora Series.  You only need to buy the micro and the bloom

Never had a problem, and I changed my res at 7-10 days.

• Like Like x 1
  6. [quote name="sitnspin420" post="19250846" timestamp="1388367186"]Seems to me its your nutrients?I used a modified lucas formula in my bubble bucket.Gen Hydro Flora Series. You only need to buy the micro and the bloomNever had a problem, and I changed my res at 7-10 days.[/quote]I think I may have found out why I was slimed. When I cleaned my gear before this grow I just used hydrogen peroxide. It probably didn't do as good of a job as bleach would.So I cleaned with bleach and hot water this time. While I was letting my gear soak, I inspected my hydroton and sure as shit, there were itty bitty gaps where light could get through. So I put reflective tape all around, just leaving enough room for the girls to catch some rays. Idk if it was those factors or if using RE and/or aquashield with my nutes had anything to do with it. I run floranova and I saw similar sludge my last grow too. However I was running pretty high res temps with no benes. Whatever it was, I hope I did a good job eradicating that algae. That shit was all up in my pipes, breaking off in clumps and everything. On a positive note, my girls haven't been affected by it much. They're still pushin along. However I'm keeping it simple for a while. Just nutes and peroxide for now. Gave em a few drops each to see how they do.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #27 SitnSpin, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013
    Floranova is not the best line for your setup, in my opinion.

You can't mix it well enough for it to remain in suspension.

I didn't like the Floranova, even my house plants didn't like it. 

GH Flora 3-part line is for you.  Buy the Micro and the Bloom.

I swear, you will be grinning in no time.

• Like Like x 3
  8. [quote name="sitnspin420" post="19251217" timestamp="1388371786"]Floranova is not the best line for your setup, in my opinion.You can't mix it well enough for it to remain in suspension.I didn't like the Floranova, even my house plants didn't like it. GH Flora 3-part line is for you. Buy the Micro and the Bloom.I swear, you will be grinning in no time.[/quote]Fortunate for me I have some flora duo lying around. Haven't read much on it, but ill look into it.I'm with ya about the nova. With that nute I had to premix with water before I could put in the res.

9. Don't know about the duo.

I'm telling you, I changed back to flora.

My plants look 10 x better, with an instant improvement.

• Like Like x 2
  10. [quote name="sitnspin420" post="19251326" timestamp="1388373291"]Don't know about the duo.I'm telling you, I changed back to flora.My plants look 10 x better, with an instant improvement.[/quote]Everyone loves the flora series. Depending on cost, I ought to get some.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 20 - 22 bucks should buy you a qt. of Micro, and Bloom.

I would re-clean the system with bleach, before introducing the new nutrients.

I'd put a gal of bleach in it and let it run for an hour or two.

Rinse, refill, circulate, and rinse and flush that fucker out good.

How do you test your PH?

I relied on a pen and during the second run, it started giving me troubles.

I was unaware and and the plant suffered badly.  Just a heads up.

• Like Like x 1
  12. [quote name="sitnspin420" post="19251955" timestamp="1388381236"]20 - 22 bucks should buy you a qt. of Micro, and Bloom.I would re-clean the system with bleach, before introducing the new nutrients.I'd put a gal of bleach in it and let it run for an hour or two.Rinse, refill, circulate, and rinse and flush that fucker out good.How do you test your PH?I relied on a pen and during the second run, it started giving me troubles.I was unaware and and the plant suffered badly. Just a heads up.[/quote]I use a ph pen as well. I've already been a victim of inferior electronics lol. Whenever my readings seem weird I use reference solution to determine if the pen still has a calibration. Hasn't failed me yet.

• Like Like x 2
  13. My girls did a pretty quick turn around :) . What were little nubs this morning, turned into itty bitty leaves by the time I got home this evening. Everything is looking good. Ph is stable. I could have rinsed my buckets a little better though. Had some bubbles forming from the airstones, but its all good.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cool man cool!

I need me a hit, I have been straight all day...  :ey:

• Like Like x 1
  15. 3 to the dome.

I feel better now.  :)

16. Man, I've been straight all week

• Like Like x 1

What are you trying to do?  Hurt yourself!

• Like Like x 1
  18. [quote name="sitnspin420" post="19259459" timestamp="1388516738"]What are you trying to do? Hurt yourself![/quote]Unfortunately I can't rush a plant's growth. And my birthday is this Thursday. I'm in a bad spot lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. You live in the USA?

20. [quote name="sitnspin420" post="19259830" timestamp="1388521597"]You live in the USA?[/quote]I sure do. On the east coast.

• Like Like x 1