Got caught last night, how embarrassing.

Discussion in 'General' started by Bamboobam, Dec 18, 2013.

1. I've been smoking for the past 2 years now and never got caught. I'm 21 years old. I didn't get caught in the act, but I guess my mom could tell that I was, b/c before I smoked, I drank 4 beers prior so I was a lot more high/groggy. Anyway, I toked and she called me for something, then she could tell that I was using and I admitted and I was totally honest with her. She wanted the rest of my stash (about a gram) and the rolling papers I had. 
    \nHere's where things get kinda iffy: In my state, weed is totally illegal. Both of my parents used to smoke when I was younger and unfortunately, my dad was with the wrong crowd of people and ended up using crack. This was about 10 years ago and he's sober from that now. My mom and I had a talk and she told me not to use because she doesn't want my future to be fucked up (since I am a college student still). I told her I wouldn't just so she didn't have to worry. I don't smoke that much, only occasionally. 
    \nWhen she found out, she was threatening to physically hit me and going back to why I brought drugs  in the house knowing what my dad went through. She didn't hit me but instead, she forced me to smoke the rest of it outside and she even blew smoke in my face. Then, she forced me to watch Cops. It was so fucking embarrassing and I would think that she would be more understanding. She asked why I was using and I told her it helps me cope with stress (which it does) and that it helps me relax just like how she drinks beers to relax. She didn't really say anything to that or wasn't surprised so I knew she understands its affects. The weird thing is that she has smoked a bit with family members whenever my dad wasn't around....
    \nMy boyfriend was the one that introduced me to weed.and he used to do it all the time. Even in public at his old job. This was the time when I never did it but he did it all the time when I wasn't around. After I started smoking and buying my own, he started acting like he was becoming more and more annoyed with me doing it. Like, if I would take it out to break it up, he would groan and complain. He stopped smoking due to his most recent job and the fact that he can get randomly drug tested. I never ask him to do it with me or anything and I do it outside away from him. I just feel like every one is against me and everyone in this situation has used before. My bf even had said things like "I am going to jail if I keep it up" and blah blah. He made me feel so small doing it, but when he did it all the time or when my mom did it, no one could tell them shit. So I am really confused. All of a sudden, they see it as the devil's plant which can send you to jail or make you into a crack user. Uggghh.

2. That's fucked up.

3. #3 YaSlava, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    There's only one way to solve this case. Save up for your own place < total peace of mind. You're always going to come across nay sayers the world is full of them. So let bygones be bygones. Live life to the fu*king fullest.

4. I know this is the only way I can take control of it all. I am just pissed off of how they can have totally different opinions about it though they used to use it all the time.

5. #5 Hypnotic, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2013
    I completely understand that feeling of embarrassment, as my dad was a drug guidance counselor. Five years back, when I was that kid who smoked out of aluminum cans and plastic bottle bongs, my dad caught me and sat me down in his room with my mom. We had a long talk about how weed will destroy my future, how it would cause the whole family to get evicted from the house, and how he ended up using a hard drug (he never mentioned which one) because he fell in with the wrong crowd.It was embarrassing for me because he went to such a personal level with me in that discussion about things I didn't know he went through. The drug counseling gig didn't help either in my case, he said he knew every symptom of smoking weed and could catch me if I did.I really appreciated his concern, and how he didn't blow it out of proportion. Its just not a talk you'd wanna have with your dad :/

6. #6 Bamboobam, Dec 18, 2013
    I never talked to my dad about this and Idk how he feels about weed. Luckily, my mom didn't tell my dad what happened. I think he would be angrier than my mom was... :/ I like how your dad didn't blow it out of proportion... My mom surely did Jeez. It's a contradiction telling me not to smoke just to tell me to smoke the rest (to not waste it) and watch Cops...

7. #7 YaSlava, Dec 18, 2013
    i know how u feel friend but the world is always going to be full of hypocrites. I would personally have lied and said I quit smoking weed, meanwhile I'd step outside every-night and get high as fu*k. When I was younger my usual stealth mission would involve a sock and a piece of bar soap. After the session, I'd go to the laundromat my the building and wash off the smell then just go home wearing sunglasses. It took time and patience to figure out how to conceal my smoking habits. And about the alcohol part. Well, it's easier to conceal being stoned than being high and intoxicated at the same time.

8. Tell em just cause your dad smoked crack it doesnt mean i will, " why are you judging me on one mans actions, how do you know i am the same".

9. lol she forced you to watch cops

10. I've told her that over and over again. Seems like she thinks I will end up like him.

11. Yea, I know I was like wtf when she told me to... Such a contradiction to watch Cops after forcing me to toke the rest (but it's wrong to her)

I didnt even consider the hypocrisy aspect. Thats hilarious.

SO, what are you going to do when they come for you?

13. Id go fucking nuts if any of my parents thought i would try crack, if not drop this one " you have raised me since day 1 you know my feelings and views on the world... do you really think im going to be stupid enough to try a life destroying drug?" " now let me smoke my motherfuckin weed!"

14. Ummm misleading tittle. I'm sorry op tho.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Uggggghhh 

16. Not really. It was pretty embrassing.

17. That's exactly how I feel. I guess my words don't mean anything to them.

I initially thought you got caught beating your meat

19. Get a boyfriend that aint a total douchefuck retard mcChode

20. Hahaha you're 21 and your mom wanted to take your stash ? wtf I stopped reading after that shit