Government Blatantly Wastes 30 Billion This Year

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Dec 17, 2013.

1. http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2013/12/17/10-Most-Absurd-Stories-Government-Waste-Year

Yes of course the government wastes a lot more  but these are just blatant.

2. meh...they will just print more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

3. fucking obscene

4. what's crazy is that 30bil isn't even considered a lot of money to waste anymore..

5. @[member="АugustWest"]

Pretty much my reaction.

6. Hey guys I have an idea lets raise taxes and give these people MORE POWER and MORE MONEY that'll solve the problem 

7. Its all good
    The federal reserve and their QE1-1000 plans will work just fine.
    Print billions!

8. #8 Rotties4Ever, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013
    all hail james, he found a way out of this shit hole, turns out the solution is that we havent dug deep enough, argh its so obvious. I do this moron thing its called 'thinking', how silly of me, this is much better.

Actually, as of now, they will not print more money. They will have to borrow that money from a privatized banking cartel, er.. I mean the "Federal" Reserve, with interest that they will NEVER be able to pay off. Then the IRS will enforce an income tax that redistributes the wealth, er... I mean "taxes" the people and robs them of their wages and labor so they can desperately try to pay off a portion of that debt.

10. Head Start and halting crucial research at the National Institutes of Health, the government continued spending tax dollars on things like 3-D pizza printers for NASA, a beachfront property loan program for millionaires, and a $300 million Army surveillance blimp that doesn't work.
    \nThose are just three of the 100 examples of egregious government waste that cost taxpayers $30 billion this year--all detailed in Sen. Tom Coburn's (R-OK) annual “Wastebook,” released Tuesday.
    \nRelated: Government Wastes More Money Than You Think
    The report, obtained Monday night by The Fiscal Times, documents a host of federally-subsidized programs and projects that have incurred significant costs while offering little or no benefit to taxpayers.

IMO, the whole premise of this article is wrong.

First, "The report, obtained Monday night by The Fiscal Times, documents a host of federally-subsidized programs and projects that have incurred significant costs while offering little or no benefit to taxpayers."

Government spending cannot benefit taxpayers in the aggregate, because government cannot spend a dollar on anyone without taking it from someone else first. And it's even worse than that because part of that confiscated dollar goes to feed the insatiable bureaucracies, and what's left goes to "benefit" the taxpayers. I remember reading years ago that that 72 cents of every dollar spent on welfare programs goes to the bureaucracies.

The government has no business funding "Head Start" or science research. Everything the government does, by definition, is politicized. Head Start is a gigantic sewer drain for confiscated wealth, like any other social program. And politicized science (hello global warming?) is something we don't need more of.

11. I have no problem with giving NASA money. Fuck everything else though.

Except for the fact that they aren't focused too much on space exploration now and more on R&D for future weapons.

13. #13 Deleted member 472633, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  14. I think the "Pillownauts" and the pizza printer are my favorites. Oh, NASA.

15. All government spending is a waste. Unless of course you think someone else can spend your money better than you can.