Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How often should I clean my grinder?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JustAnotherToker, Dec 16, 2013.

1. I have 4 grinders, all are different, 2 are 2 pieces and 2 are 4 pieces ones and 1 is plastic.
    I used them all and I need to clean them once every week else they start turning really hard because the resin gets in the sides and it makes a lot of friction, after 2 weeks you can barely turn it anymore, it becomes an exercise to grind ... :mellow:
    I grind around 1 gr./day.
    Am I doing something wrong (4 bad grinders?) or do you all have to clean grinders often?

2. I don't know how busting only a gram a day between 4 busters is getting them gunked up. I can grind up an ounce in my buster and I hardly even notice a difference in how it works.As for cleaning them, rubbing alcohol would work. but if you want to keep the keif and buster hash then just put them in the freezer for about 10 minutes and then get a brush and a knife and scrape it clean.

3. i clean my grinder maybe once/twice a year and usually go with the freezer method.

4. #4 JustAnotherToker, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013

I'm not using them all at the same time, I usually use 1 till it gets hard to turn and that takes around a week or 2 at the most.

Or I'm doing something wrong or you grind very little weed... I feel like my grinder wouldnt even turn anymore after a month :(

5. my grinder sees at least a half o if not more a month...thats pretty crazy after a month you can turn it.

6. who the fuck has 4 grinders? I think you are really over thinking this whole process

7. Is your weed usally fresh? sticky? thats probly why. The only time i need to clean my buster is after making bho bustin 1 or 2 ounces in like an hour lmao .

8. I bought 1 and I got 3 as gift... what am I supposed to do throw them away? And since I have them I tried them all...

Isn't all weed sticky?

9. #9 MrTRAPPER1017, Dec 17, 2013
    i hope so . I should have said just fresh/moist? I'm try to be nice and not call you a tard for not knowing how to use a buster, cause for no reason should you have to clean 4 buster each week when you only bust a gram a day.. and plastic busters are garbage throw it away

10. [quote name="JustAnotherToker" post="19175171" timestamp="1387233123"]I have 4 grinders, all are different, 2 are 2 pieces and 2 are 4 pieces ones and 1 is plastic.I used them all and I need to clean them once every week else they start turning really hard because the resin gets in the sides and it makes a lot of friction, after 2 weeks you can barely turn it anymore, it becomes an exercise to grind ... :mellow:I grind around 1 gr./day.Am I doing something wrong (4 bad grinders?) or do you all have to clean grinders often?[/quote]Clean ur grinder every Time the moon eclipses on the second of each month

11. Maybe he has a bunch of shitty grinders ? No offense opSent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. #12 JustAnotherToker, Dec 17, 2013

Well I don't rule that out, that's why I asked how often do others need to clean them.

13. #13 morange, Dec 17, 2013
    I need to clean mine way more often than I do. After about a week or two of use (2-3 grams a day) I stop collecting kief at a reasonable rate. My grinder looks like this when I get the same issues you're describing (hard to turn, gets stuck etc.);

DSCI2246.JPG DSCI2247.JPG

I think the issue is that I need a larger grinder. 2.5" gets clogged up too quick.

EDIT: op might just have really good weed. I never had to clean my grinders like this until I started growing my own.

14. This pic made me drool :eek: .

15. Haha it's even worse right now, and I've cleaned it at least once since that picture. It's just absurd right now I probably will clean it tonight.

16. #16 Delightfully High, Dec 17, 2013
    What do you personally enjoy doing with your kief once you've cleaned it out of your grinder? I'm just curious.

Sorry op for being off subject.

17. ....really? I can put any amount through my grinder without any trouble ever. After an oz or so the kief screen is clogged a little more than i like but that's it.

And it isn't even a high end one although it works fine. I went probably 18 months and through a bit over a pound before i ever iso cleaned it back to like new

I iso clean every part of the grinder but the bottom (kief collect), by taking a sandwich bag and 1 piece at a time shaking it up in 91% iso. Once I've done all the pieces I empty that bag out onto a dish and let it evaporate for like 6-12 hours, then I scrape it up with a razor and it's back into a kiefy substance. I get like a half a gram of grinder hash when I clean.