So Cal Growers Unite (Indoor edition)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 15, 2013.

1. I got a 4cfm duel stage pump though and a 3 gallon chamber.

2. Hell yeah get it porfff
    What you rocking as I just ordered a Edwards and another .9 AI 4 wall heated element and was curious if it was gonna make a big change from the robonair I got I already have a oil most filter connecting between the hose and oven to ensure no oil list spits onto product

3. Nice what is that a 5 gallon from best value correct ? One of my first chambers as well there actually pretty dope and work wonders with your Büchner funnel if your getting into that

4. don't know what I am getting into. Lol my lady wants me to make it so we dont have to buy it anymore. I am ok with that. Thanks for the info.
    It's a 3 gallon

5. Lol I'll definitely do a lot of more research before jumping into it as there is way more to do then just blasting it water bathing and sticking it into the oven as a lot of people think ,
    But it is gonna save you a shit ton of many ill tell you that man, just Dewax your product through a mason jar of you don't want to get a Büchner funnel or have any plans on getting a cls system and stay between 90- 100f through out your whole process and you'll be good
    Is that a 2 stage vac or single by the way ?

6. Barley seen this from my understand a single stage pump works better but I'm pretty sure you'll be good with what you have a oil most filter would be something to think about as these chambers are known to suck in some oil from your vacuum

7. don't get me wrong, have made bho for over 10 years. Before glass we used pvc pipe and after years of that we went copper, this is kust the first time we have vacuumed it ourselves. And it's a 4cfm duel stage pump.

8. Your the first person I've ever heard of using copper if I were you I'd just stick with glass tubes and just dehydrate your buds, unless your using fresh wet buds in that case a chest freezer would work best in your case keeping the herbs and tubes chilled for best results have you thought about what your gonna use as a heat transfer under your chamber as griddles are known to spike like its the thing to do and scientific plates can cost litterly more then that chamber I know they have pads on the best value vacs and litterly heat up only 2degrees higher then set temp with no worrys about those crazy spikes which has a chance of agitating you oils

9. correct on the hot plate. Expensive as hell. And like alot of people, I am using a griddle to begin. If we like doing it I will upgrade but for now my money is in flower. Thanks for the advice.

10. Yeah just thought I'd throw a lil bit of advice out there if your using a griddle use a buffer between your chamber and griddle as it will help from the heat spikes I'm positive you'll like it I swore I was only gonna do it with my trim and larf last year and ended up running my whole crop lol good luck tho brotha

11. yup. Lol your the only one who knew what the 626 was in my name

12. think I am going to use a piece of tile. Heard it works good.

13. Yes I've heard of tile or silicone pass something to buffer the heat in between in really ain't rocket science in positive you'l get it down 🏼

14. #294 pedroliberty, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2015
    Hey canna, i recently got a shark shock baby. I was told it is a high cbd strain. This one apparently is shark shock (ww x skunk no. 1) but this was crossed with a cbd crew high cbd male. Is that the one you have??

Here's the link to that strain.

http://cbdcrew.org/varieties/cbd-shark/

15. #295 Cananinja, Jul 3, 2015
    Yes! :) Mr.Nice

Attached Files:

16. #296 billybongthorton, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2015
    Sounds tasty

17. #297 Cananinja, Jul 3, 2015

Not sure I've ever heard of that breeder. Be careful about openly speaking of patient cooperation. Though completely innocent in my eyes, big brother frowns upon it.

Pms are safe though :)

18. Not sure I've ever heard of that breeder. Be careful about openly speaking of patient cooperation. Though completely innocent in my eyes, big brother frowns upon it.

Pms are safe though :)
    </blockquote>
    Ahh I totally feel you man good looking out and this strain has so many nice crosses should check it out pretty hyped to pop these beans for the indoor garden

19. Alright guys as I'm getting closer to setting up I think Ima skip the tent and go for a sealed room any tips as I'm going with two sog method with 4 1000 watt lights , my question is how much co2 would I need for the 10x10 and how's the best way to seal a room

20. Ambient co2 is at arround 300 ppm.

Optimal co2 levels would be between 1000 and 1400 ppms. No higher than 1600

I'm not familiar with tanks and regulators, but in an 8x10 I keep 4 to 5 Co2 Boost buddy bags. And gives me great results.

As far as sealing the room, before I can offer my two cents, I would need to know your ventilation and or cooling plans. 4 HID lights will generate a lot of heat.

You could consider sealing your lights and using a large blower to cool them using ambient air. Doing this will allow you to use your central ac system without taxing it too much. Only draw back is dumping the hot air from the lights Otherwise:

I'd recommend 2 inch thick 4x8 foam panels with mylar already bonded to one side(sold at home depot). Line your room, dual hose or mini split system if money allows.