Skys Winter Run

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by SkyKing65, Dec 15, 2013.

1. doesn't look like it Sky , by the looks of your backup.

just changed my little 250 hps this grow.

think there were 2-3 cycles on the old one. :confused_2:

just lookin' for all the ummph possible ya know :smoking:

2. Smoke report on my winter grow part one - The damaged plant that made it, has cured.  It smells about the same as a summer grown.   I chopped it about a week early and the tric's really weren't effected by the chill at all.  Very dank.
    Will post pics of the sister plant later, which is about 2wks from chop and doing great.
    Caio 

3. PRE-CHOP UPDATE:  82days - this is the back up plant, and it's overdue.  Hairs are still white and she doesn't have a strong odor yet.  The kola tops look like shit - they burst.  Plant's almost 4' tall and the tent is only 5'3", consiquently she got a bit too dry cause I can't get my HPS

4. WTF -- AS I was saying:  can't get the HPS

5. SHIT - I haven't even toked yet.  The dam light is too close and burned most of the fan leaves.  If she doesn't start stinking in 3-4 days then I'm choppin.  I've heard there is such a thing as waiting too long.  Don't know for sure what that means, but it didn't sound like something I want to do.  She has resin and is pretty sticky, just no stink.  Can't be all that bad.    

Attached Files:

6. Nice one Sky. :hello: 

some of the best weed I've ever smoked didn't smell much.

That backup girl worked really well. :smoking:   

7. :smoke: Thanx for the words X.  I always wondered if this flushing process takes away from that odor.  Her tric's are scarce and clear as a diamond.  If I at least had milky tric's then I'd waste no time chopping right now.  I'm thinking I had some old tea's (FF trio) that went bad and weren't providing the nutz she needed.  I always get nice big kola's, but I'v never had a plant that didn't produce much resin.  I gotta work on the height problem too.  Thanx again 

8. pop another bean sky :ey:  unless your good to go.

I hate when my last jar gets low.

Hmmmmm that sucks about the low resin and sparse trichs. Could just be from the genetics.

9. Hey Sky, sorry to hear that back up girl is playing around on you. Can you save the trim to make some dry ice hash or qwiso? They are easy to make and if you feel like the weed isnt up to par sprinkle some on top of it and you're rockin.

Hey 3D.  I like your new avitar - my favorite's next to Betty Boop.   It always amazes me what happens in the last couple of weeks of growth.  I love this frikken illegal hobby.  
    Thanx for the hash idea.  Actually, the bottom of my daily stash jar is coated with that stuff, which I have been saving for a special occasion.  I also don't medicate enough to require saving trim for hash.  I really don't even get much trim, maybe I'm blowin it, I dono.    
    Some of the hairs on the back-up have started turning, so the cloudy tric's and the stink are right behind.  You were right-on about the plant being able to grow in the cold, it just takes a bit longer.  I'm on day 86 verses the normal 80-81 for this strain.  I also think the cold had a lot to do with her bolting early on. 
    My #1 ongoing concern is height, and I'm thinking SCROG, got any first hand tips?  My Scrog knowledge is limited to a couple of vids I may have seen on YouTube.  I have to research this more, so I'll be hangin round your site poppin in a few likes here and there.  Till then my friend  

11. I hear ya on the trim. I never kept mine for the longest time because I was only interested in the bud and that was all I needed. It's no sweat if you don't keep yours. ..just know there's some additional goodness there if you ever want it.

I've ran a few scrogs in the past. I made the screen from some cattle fence that I had left over. I ran twine across each rectangle to make smaller squares. Worked pretty good. In fact the only reason I stopped was for running a staggered grow. Scrogs work great for training plants and maximizing light penetration with little to no popcorn! ;)

12. :cool:  The pic is kinda hagard looking from a little leaf burn, but the buds are juicy and ready for a chop.  Actually I'm only choppin the branches that are tipping over.  The tric's are cloudy and that's good enough for me.  It's been almost 13 weeks from seed, Woosh!  The smaller branches (about 10) still have white hairs, so I'll let em grow until the hairs are brown and turned in.  
      My method after choping is to let the bud laden branches soak in a gal bottle with plain ole H20 for 24 hours, take them out and put them in a large paper bag for 24hrs to redistribute the moisture evenly.  Then I trim up the loose stuff and hang the branches to dry for a few days.  Then, the final trimming of the buds and into the curing jars for a month or so.  
      Meanwhile, I'm gonna pop a Berry Auto Fem in as soon as I clean up the tent a bit.  I'm also switching to a 150W CFL with a hood to see if I can keep the plant height down.  When the plant gets to it's bud stage I'll switch to my 400W hps to fatten them up.
       BTW, the sick plant gave me some killer meds.  Very cristally.  Burns nice, white ash and no choking.  The hi starts off ehh, then a nice mellow creeps up on me and hangs around for a half hour or so.  Great high for cooking a creative dish for dinner if I can pay attention long enough.  
       I'll be back with the wet counts in a couple of days.  I usually end up with about 1/3 of the wet count after it's cured, or, 3Z's wet equals 1Z cured <>.  
      3D - nice goin with the veggies.  I'm sure you got a killer garden.  Good luck with it.  I also do raised beds.  Just another hobby.  It's peaceful out there.  I bring a chair and my guitar sometimes, fire up a bowl, mellow out and just watch the garden grow.  It's all good... 

Attached Files:

13. Dang that trunk got thick man!! Glad to see that you got some nice dank to add to the stash!

I'm only on my second year of raised beds. I'm hoping to get a lot better with it as I learn how to manage things here in the desert. :)

14. Plant rotation is half the battle.  I have 4 vegetable beds and just move the crops over to the next bed every year.  Just keepin it simple...

15. :confused:  I just watched a bit on Ytube about making hash oil, and he used what looked like 1/2oz of weed to get a tiny bit of oil (guitar pic size).  He cooked it until it was more like solidified honey.  Then he used it in a bong.  I don't know enough about them yet - but, do you guys know if this stuff can be used in a E-cig or is the oil form used in Ecigs?  I've never wanted to bother with making hash or oil, but, the no tar's factor is starting to grow on me.  Not having a gazillion jars of weed around the house is also comforting.  I've got a ton of research to do it seems.  Any input is appreciated.    

16. I'd like to weigh in but I'm still new to the oil game. I know that X has experience. He's given me advice recently for how to smoke my qwiso. It can get pretty in depth from what I've seen on guts making BHO but I'm limited to dry ice extract and qwiso mainly because they are soooo simple to make.

17.  I'm still stuck at making dry ice kief.. With having just a jar of two over my limit,, ( snicker ) making kief will burn up a couple of 1/2 gallon jars of nice bud in a single session.. Besides being a non-flammable method holds appeal for me over the use of flammables.. The worst I can get is a bit of freezer burn if I'm sloppy..
    http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-grow-journals/1245053-american-dream-white-picket-fences-marijuana-so-cal-sun.html?view=findpost&p=19271915
    5 lbs of dry ice.. 160 micron mesh.. 3 half gal jars of bud.. Time to make more in fact.. I've been out for a while..

18. I have some dry ice hash that I made last year. I got quite a bit of it still. I put it on top of my bowls...good stuff!

19. Thanx for chirpping in y'al.  I watched a few quiso and hash vids on Ytube yesterday and they're good alternatives, but it's not actually what I'm after.  I see fountain pen type vaps advertized on this site, and I like the convenience of that idea.  I have to focus more on vap research I suppose.  I don't like the idea of those vaps using a baggie to catch the vapor - too cumbersome.    

20. :smoke: okay, vap research fini.  It's not neccessary to make hash or shatter to accomplish what I want, that being no tars in my smoke.  A deceint portable vap runs around $200, and can be used with dry weed.  I even saw a home made version made out of a plain ole glass beverage bottle or a light bulb set up like a carborator pipe.  When I found out how simple the process was I sorta felt stupid.  I've been told that I have COPD and this is just what I need.  It's actually what we all need.  Smoking all those tars just doesn't make sense when it's so easy not to.  They also say that less weed is needed to achive the same results.  Youtube has many vaporizer video's.
    Well, off to the vap store.