• 3 Replies
dwc
  • Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • zuesbaker
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:18 AM

so,im starting this DWC system and im trying to figure out if there is a difference in yield between using a 5gallon or a 10gallon bucket. 5 or 10? thanks,you guys been help to me.

Replies (3)

Similar Topics: 5 or 10 gallon bucket     x

• PipPip
  • DontAskName
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

As far as yield goes, your better off with a 10 gallon, and this is because you will have more space for the root ball to grow in the rez. 

When using a 5 gallon bucket, you only use about 3 gal. of water once the net pot is in, doesn't leave a lot of room for growth, I also find a higher volume of water a lot easier to stabilize the PH and PPM's.  

• bizie
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 533 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

Its best to step up in sizes. Slightly restricting the roots so they ball up or mat is a practice I read about to help speed up growth. You don't want the plants to become overly root bound but you don't want the roots going straight out like a one way street; if you step up pot sizes then you'll get a nice tree branch like root growth. Start with a five gallon and if you find your plants are needing more space then step up to a ten but just make sure you can get the root ball out safe before you attempt a dwc transplant. Most growers wont be able to get a ten gallon root ball so five would be fine to start with.

• Sativied
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

Depends on how long you need to veg to get the space filled during the transition to flowering but unless you plant to fill the space with just a few huge plants, then 5 gallon is plenty to get max yield.
  • Bud Daddy likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dwc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users