Aussie Jump In Journal

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by 420outdoor, Dec 14, 2013.

1. #41 Highly Medicated, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2014
    you'll need more than three sprays mate those lil fekers fight back hard it took my bro two months of spraying twice a week to get rid of them to a point of smokable bud . six ft plants take alot of spray I hope you got deep pockets .

although there's home remedy sprays for them that should be cheaper to make .

2. Yeah, what a massive pain in the arse!

Is there anything that triggers a spider mite outbreak outdoors? Do they only appear during flowering or at any time?

Maybe they were already out there in the bush, or I'm thinking that I top-dressed with some sheep manure about 10 days ago at two different sites. And then now I've noticed spider mites at both locations.

The last few seasons I've been lucky and have had no issues with pests at all, so I'm just trying to work out why this year is different

3. #43 Bilby, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    They like a hot dry environment they show up at any stage of growth and yes they are out there in the bush plus on plants at your house and everywhere in between they will hitch a ride on you as you brush past vegetation as well.

The only way to really deal with them is to make sure they don't lay eggs as what ever you spray only kills the active mites and not the eggs, you will need to rotate your sprays as well as using the same chemical over and over will only lead to them building up a immunity to that chemical .

They are very similar to botrytis spores in the fact that they are everywhere and there is not anything you can really do to stop them getting on your plants when growing outdoors when the conditions are suitable for them, all you can do is constantly be on the lookout for their damage and deal with it quickly .

4. Just thought id add my pic for you guys.. all I could do this year. It's Afghan Kush X Skunk, by world of seeds. Started her a little late its not very good soil just what was there. Been a tough plant. Been flowering for nearly 4 weeks... It says indoor flowering time 55 days say it will be about 7 weeks outdoor... I had 2 more black widows in but they got so huge I had to cut them down mid summer.

you better check yaself before ya wreck yaself

5. That's one healthy looking plant bigbuds. Real nice bushy structure!

I did my second spray yesterday and the plants are looking healthy. No leaf burn from the first dose of pyrethrum, but some of the hairs on the buds looked a bit burnt. Plants look healthy though and have grown noticeably over the past few days. I don't have any pics but if they stay healthy they should yield about 10+ oz each based on what I've grown before. I've LSTed them and there's lots of heads...

Maybe I sprayed excessively but I thought more is better than less. Ive been doing a bit of reading online and everyone recommends mixing chemicals as spider mites become resistant very quickly. I will do one more burst of pyrehrum in a couple of days and then alternate with something else for the next 10 days.

Do you think that will be enough or will I have to keep going for the next 6 weeks...? I'm not really sure what to look for in terms of dead mites and so on. I have read that the eggs hatch every 3-5 days so you need to keep spraying them, but I also want to leave my plants alone for the last month of flower so it flushes itself clean.

It's been a very dry summer for us. The last few years had a bit of rain every week or so. I thought the warm and dry conditions would be epic for growing, but I didn't realise that mites like it dry.

It'll probably start raining towards the end just to f*ck with me!

6. Yer thanks man it's a nice little plant won't be a huge yeild or anything but that's not what I was trying for.. haven't had any spider mite trouble yet (touch wood) just a few of them green bugs that suck the leaves not to sure what they are. This will actually be my first outdoor harvest successfull apart from 4 autos last year but this plant on it's own will yeild more. A family of deer ate my family of plants couple year back. Would of been a huge harvest but in the end it was so much effort to have that happen mid-late summer. So just went for a small single hidden plant that gets lots of love. Ha ha. Only nutes I've used are turbo grow (turbo tank nutes) and turbo bloom also tank nutes, not really sure if it's meant to work in soil but it seems to okay. I'll upload some more bud shots soon they come up nice with the flash. Hope your work out your mite problem snowspook. I had them once starting some plants in my room but I used a bug spray from the local and it worked okay..

7. Hard to get a good night shot with this shit camera.

Attached Files:

8. Gday guys
    great to see people keeping the thread alive and cranking.
    Keep the pics coming

Few quickys from me

1 - Nice Chunk : really coming through with the goods, few weeks of fattening up left in her

NC1.jpeg

2 - Potato Bag : pretty good results from the super late experiment, might do a few late ones in bags next time around

PB1.jpeg

3 - Super Deluxe : getting those nice pink pistils, the ag pipe is working wonders with this one

SD1.jpeg

4 - GG Allin : Frost heaven

2014-03-03 17.43.53.jpg

5 - Old Toby : speaks for itself , another winner

2014-03-03 17.41.54.jpg

Happy harvesting all, glad we made it through that summer !!

9. couple of shots why not! what do you guys think should i give her some more nutes or just water from now on? ive been feeding her bloom nutes for about 4-5 weeks now once a week and slowing making it a stronger ratio each time. last feed about a week ago was fairly strong i think it caused some slight burn to it. so been just water last week... more nutrients or not? cheers guys

Attached Files:

10. #51 willbo, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
    looking lovely, nice grow. :)
    How far into flower is she? Personally I would keep the nutes up but I would use about half to 3/4 of the recommended dose, don't take my word for it but that's what I do. I feed my plants until they are about 1-2 weeks away from harvest.

11. Cheers man I will feed her a few more times maybe. I was just going to use water on this but couldn't help myself.. it's been flowering a little over 4 weeks.

12. Only have 3 girl left after kangaroos got to them and some went male, hheres a couple pics anyway
    Does anyone else have any issues with wildlife?

Attached Files:

13. All good mate, I water mine every 3 days and will feed her every 2 out of 3, I like to give them a little spray ever few feeds or so as well. Hope that helps. Looking forward to the next couple of months, I love watching my plants flower. :)

14. Haha me too especially when it's in my yard I go look at her like 5 times or more a day lately just looking so damm good. I just water whenever the soil drys right up on top. About every 3-4 days sometimes longer. It's drinking less now than a month ago. Just fed some more nutes before think she will like it. I only have about 60ml left in each bloom bottle so will use it all up on this girl then get more for next year. Can't wait until about 6 weeks from now when I can try this stuff. Meant to be a real therapeutic high so I hope so! Strange smoke when I went guerilla kangaroos and deer took my whole crop. You have to get better fencing up or they won't last bro... If thats not possible.. try pissing there but you need more piss bottle it or something I duno ha ha. Hair works if you can get a bag of human hair it will help but that's sometimes easier said then done too..

15. [quote name="BURNinKush" post="19644601" timestamp="1394177578"]Haha me too especially when it's in my yard I go look at her like 5 times or more a day lately just looking so damm good. I just water whenever the soil drys right up on top. About every 3-4 days sometimes longer. It's drinking less now than a month ago. Just fed some more nutes before think she will like it. I only have about 60ml left in each bloom bottle so will use it all up on this girl then get more for next year. Can't wait until about 6 weeks from now when I can try this stuff. Meant to be a real therapeutic high so I hope so!
    I know what you mean, I am constantly finding myself out the back having a gaze at my plants. Lol what strain is it? :)

16. Just wondering but how old are you all? I'm 18, are there any other young growers on here? :)

17. I'm 5 years older than you.. it's Afghan kush X Skunk by world of seeds. Check it out on attitude looks sweet. I had some MR.NICE black widows going. Man that is a good strain for sure it just boomed would of been over the fence by now if I didn't chop it down. I thought I could keep it small but once it hit pre flower WoW. What strains u got there?

18. I will have to have a look, is attitude seed bank in aus? My bigger one is Moby dick that I from dinafem seeds, my smaller one is a strain that I'm not sure what it is haha I got it from cali connections, well I inherited a bunch of seeds of my old dealer because he left them in his fridge that I bought off him. Lol I had 2 cream caramel autos, 2 something thai, 2 green poison and 2 other seeds that I can't remember what they where, they where all from sweet seeds but I made the mistake of letting a mate sprout them for me and he killed them all apart from my Moby, one of my autos (which he stunted anyway and I harvested a gram off) and 5 seeds from cali connections that all eked up male apart from one. But I'm happy with my girls I have at the moment. :)

19. Can anyone tell me what technique I have done here?? I thought I topped it but why did it grow 3 main stems. Did I fimm it? It's awesome anyway didn't find the need to top again and would like to use this way from now on.. just not sure what I did... Think I went a node to high for a top?? I think I just cut the very small new growth but not to sure...