Help me build a water only soil.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by B_herb420, Dec 13, 2013.

1. So how DOES it work? From what I understand, is all these ingredients that I'm adding, are to feed microorganisms/bacteria. And my plant is fed by these organisms? Thus, the more organisms and what not, the more food available.

2. Your pretty much got, I have a thread called Gardening Books FTW (Gardening Section) and it has a couple PDFs on the Soil Food Web.

That's what your going to want to understand first and foremost, a book like Teamin with Microbes will just inforce what you learn.

HTH

Snag the greensand if you can. Add 1cup/cf and reduce the rockdust by 1 cup. It works very well with kelp and adds its own set of minerals. No, it is non renewable, neither is Azomite, but neither gets used all that much and the deposits laid down eons ago aren't exactly small.

Yes, you are lacking in P. The N and K are fine. I'd suggest some bone meal. I use close to 2 cups/cf, but with that crab meal, a cup or so should do you. It needs to go in the initial mix because it takes a bit to break down. Like top dressing with it before flower is pretty much a waste, it wouldn't be available till about harvest.

Jerry is right on again, don't bother trying to work out NPK, it just don't work like that.

Wet

4. question: The top feeding is usually done several weeks into flowering before any signs of deficiency? If I understand you put a inch or so layer of worm castings or kelp meal on top of the soil?

5. You should consider being a barman, you'd be paid well, if thats what you can do in the garden ....?

6. #46 B_herb420, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
    Base: 
    1 part ProMix
    1/2 part Worm castings
    1/2 part Quality compost
    1 part 
    perlite
    \nAmendments: 
    about 1 cup Kelp
    about 1 cup Neem
    about 1 cup Crab meal

about 1 cup Bone meal (too much amendments now?)
    (alfalfa tea every couple weeks)

Minerals:
    2 cups of Rock Dust
    1 cup Dolomite Lime

1 cup Gypsum
    1 cup Green Sand
    \nTop dress with Epsoma Tomato tone a week before 12/12
    Molasses will be added every other watering during flowering

7. [quote name="B_herb420" post="19163659" timestamp="1387077641"]Does this mean I should flush? lol[/quote] only to keep the old lady happy.Mjfrom someplace on something

8. what

9. don't your old lady bitch if you don't flush the toilet? seriously no need to flush it all with organic soil.Mjfrom someplace on something

10. Oh I see :laughing:

11. Mix looks excellent as is.

When are you going to mix it up?

Is that crab and neem available locally, or, are you going to spring for shipping?

Wet

12. #52 B_herb420, Dec 16, 2013

That's something I've been wondering. 

I was looking at this for the crab:
    http://www.amazon.com/Neptunes-Harvest-CS604-Shell-Pounds/dp/B006GK5ON6/ref=sr_1_2?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1387225580&sr=1-2&keywords=neem+meal

And I cant really find much when I search for "Neem Meal"
    This is the cheapest I found:
    http://www.everwoodfarm.com/DTE_Organic_Single_Ingredient_Fertilizers/Neem_Seed_Meal/5_LB_box

I've been meaning to go try and find some local garden stores. Most around here are just nurserys that sell plants.

I was going to try to start vermicomposting for the castings. But, it'll take some time to get how much I need..

13. And I'm probably going to mix it sometime this month. 

14. I got my neem cake here.

neemtreefarms.com

20 lbs for 34.99 shipping included.
    10 lbs for 24.99 shipping included.

I think it took like 5 days to get mine. I will order from them again.
    Mj

from someplace on something

15. #55 dopeshow, Dec 16, 2013

+1 for neemtreefarms.  They gave me some freebies too.

PS.  Even 10 lbs is a LOT of neem and will last me (a small scale grower) for years.  It's good stuff though.

16. Bumping my question floks

17. Mix some ewc and kelp with enough water to make a slurry
    sit over night stirring whenever you get a chance. Put a layer on top of the soil and water it in.
    Mj

from someplace on something

18. Also, could I just grind up some shrimp tails/shells and use that as shrimp meal?

19. You could .... and be in for a olfactory treat. :hide:

First thing you learn in the Keys, never, ever, boil shrimp indoors.

Wet

20. Alright I'll just go with the crab  :laughing:
    I made some shrimp, and was thinking about all those tails and shells going to waste.