Help me build a water only soil.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by B_herb420, Dec 13, 2013.

1. #361 B_herb420, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
    I wasn't going to give the seedlings any ferts or anything. they're only like 5 days old. I was talking about adding chicken manure to the two pots of the soil I messed up with 'uncharged' biochar. To help 'charge' it.

2. #362 B_herb420, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
    Anybody know of a good plant to plant right next to mj to help keep it stealth/hidden/blended in? I was thinking of just having one autoflower or something in a random spot in my veggie garden. I was thinking tomatoes.

3. It hides real well behind corn and giant sunflowers if you have them. Idk about blending in, but blocking it from view with those plants would work, especially with a shrimp like autoflowers.

4. Hey guys, my plants are doing great.

I was wondering... Can I just pick clover flowers from my yard and plant the seeds from the flower? Or do I have to dry them or something first?

5. I been thinking along these lines too, but I was gonna transplant some of the clover from my yard into one of my smartpots. No need to do the seed.

Twas Ever Thus!

6. How would you go about transplanting the clovers from the ground? Dig up a chunk of soil with a patch of clovers? You don't think that would kill the clovers?

7. I broke up a couple of clover flowers and planted the seeds in an outdoor garden bed while they were still fresh. I guess I'll see what happens.

8. You would have to try to kill em. lol
    just keep it moist for a few days it will take off. I'll take a pic of mine tomorrow.

Twas Ever Thus!

9. Cool, I'll try that for all my veggies. I already have all my mj smart pots full of red and white clovers. These are healthiest mj plants I've ever seen/grown hands down. Organics is the way to go.

10. Damn brillant, i have clover all over the yard but couldn't find seeds anywhere, ill just transplant some out and keep it for later.

11. #372 B_herb420, May 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
    Also... What do you guys think about using straight compost/drainage? No peatmoss. I have access to free horse poo compost, so I'd like to use as much of that in my mix as possible. 

Something like this: (for veggies)
    2 parts horse poo compost
    1 part sand
    -top dress with tomato tone (or should I mix it into my soil?) 

Think this would still yeild good results? (for outdoor veggies)

12. Im looking into container gardening this year and I've noticed a lot of depends on the veggies, tomatoes seem to like the richest soils but things like carrots need a thinner sandier soil to push through easier.

I planted tomatoes in those buckets you get at lowes and the home depot, drilled some holes in the bottom and filled with a mix of 1/2 each, coco coir, top soil, and compost. Added amendments cooked a week and its working great.

I even threw in some seeds for herbs and such around the base of the tomatoes.

13. New problem. Well, its not that bad of a problem...

All these buds are huge. They're pretty much all falling over. How do you guys keep your plants standing tall?

14. Prop them up with things. I'm using wire hangers I straightened out, but they really need something more rigid than that. Outside, I see people use chicken wire and tomato cages, inside it's whatever Macguyver-style fix you can find.

15. I ended up tying them all up with strings