-PC Grow Northern Storm Auto-flower (130W) (Or Auto-AK/Auto Widow Cheese,possible pheno)-

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by b0nne, Dec 13, 2013.

1. #1 b0nne, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
    Hey guys! I've decided to start up another grow, so I've got one indoor and outdoor. (Link to other thread)
    This will be a PC box grow as it needs to be stealthy, as well as I like computers, so ..yeh.
    Anyways I'm actually still constructing the box but thought I'd get some pictures up of it at the moment, just need lights and pots, and to make my carbon filter(s). :).

The case is a Fractal Design XL Define R2.
    The dimensions: (in mm, I'm aussie :) )
    232 wide, 559 height and 560 depth.z

I've added sound-proof foam for light-leaks etc, obviously not quite light proof as I have not been able to test it with a 130w CFL yet.

I've got a few fans which I plan on using, a couple of Noctua 120mm fans and another 2 random 120's and a 140 i think ill be using, not sure yet :) we'll see how the heat is, especially since Summer's just started. I may need to postpone this grow till like the end of March lol. Hope not.

Man those pictures are quite bad, I need a proper camera. . .

Attached Files:

2. I am thinking a PC case would be wonderful for a first time grow. I have a case similar to the one you have there and i think i am gonna gut it and do it up.

3. Nice man, yeh totally do it if you're not using it for anything else, make a thread/journal about it! I'll follow :).

I've got 2/5 fans wired up, one with a 'carbon scrubber' (homemade shit, hope it works lol), might wire the other 3 tomorrow. I've also gotten the two pots, they only just fit in there, so that's good anyways.
    Should be ready by January if I get my lights n shit soon.

4. That would be great. I have all the room in the world where i am at, i just do not want to go crazy until i understand the basics of growing first.

5. Hey B0nne, I am really interested in this topic since I just got my PC case from mrgrowpro.net. My case measures in at:
    26.5" H x 18" W x 8" D (67 cm high x 46 cm wide x 20 cm deep). I have 3 LED light strips @ 15 watts each for a total of 45 watts.

There are 3 fans installed: 1 inlet and two outlet fans.

I am a total newbie to cannabis growing, so I am always on the lookout for grow journals that use a PC case. I've got my seeds ready to go, but since I will be going on holidays in January, I've decided to hold off planting till I get back. I'm thinking to use coco coir as the grow medium.

I'll be following your progress and may ask a few questions as you go, if you don't mind! Once I've planted my beans, I'll also start a journal. Oh, by the way, although originally from the States, I've been living in Oz for many years now.

6. Ah ok, well this is basically my first time too, I've got an outdoor one in progress, hopefully it works out well. Good luck to you, :)

Sweet! That's a good size, I have no idea about LED's, nor Coco haha but anything else I'd be happy to help, although I'm still a newbie :).

Yeah I might not start till the end of Feb, depends as it's reeal hot till about Feb, and I have no way of keeping the temps down, so yeh. Might have a test run anyways, ;).

When you've started your journal, please send me the link ;).
    Where in Australia are you? I'm in Vic ;)

7. Hey B0nne, I'm in Sydney. I do get down to Vic occasionally since I have a daughter living in Melb.

8. Just an update, all i need to do is wire two fans and 'add carbon filters to them' as they are both exhaust. (decided on just having 4, 3 exhaust 1 intake)
    So the only thing I'm waiting on is the lights because I have everything else, I may need to move the surge protector, so that being where it is might not be permanent.
    Then all I need to do is add the light, and fix any light leaks. Fill the pots and sow the seeds ;), can't wait.
    Pics:

View attachment 130802
    View attachment 130801

9. Only need to get a 5M extension cord and then fix light leaks and I'm done, I might add reflective shit one day, not sure.
    Probably going to go 18/6 for 2 weeks then swap to 12/12, might veg a bit longer depends on their size.
    View attachment 131507
    View attachment 131506
    View attachment 131505
    No, I haven't put any seeds in yet.

10. Hey bOnn, that's a nice looking cabinet - very neat and tidy. You reckon you don't need reflective material lining the inside? I don't have much experience with this but most of the PC cabinets I have seen seem to all use it. That CFL bulb looks full on! Will you use it throughout the entire grow? What type of soil mix are you using?

11. Rather than use reflective material. I'd just spray paint it white on the inside... done deal.

12. [quote name="kofidog" post="19272951" timestamp="1388747896"]Hey bOnn, that's a nice looking cabinet - very neat and tidy. You reckon you don't need reflective material lining the inside? I don't have much experience with this but most of the PC cabinets I have seen seem to all use it. That CFL bulb looks full on! Will you use it throughout the entire grow? What type of soil mix are you using?[/quote]Yeh I might end up using reflective material, I'll probably buy some Mylar soon .The mix is just some random potting mix and some perlite, I have another cfl the exact same just 2700k , so Yeh basically :) thanks for checking it out!I'll take pics when I get home but the other day I got 2 femmed critical seeds to taproot , and they're now in the soil haha. Yeh, so pics soon.Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. [quote name="donando" post="19275061" timestamp="1388780238"]Rather than use reflective material. I'd just spray paint it white on the inside... done deal.[/quote]Oops didn't see this ;) I did think about that too, I'm not sure what I'll choose to do :) thanks for the suggestion manSent from my HTC_PN071 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #14 b0nne, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
  15. #15 shroomyhigh, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
    If you have the equivalent of a walmart there or w/e common big store you have just get the reflective car windshield shades and line your box with those. I cannot wait to see how this goes i am subbing up. Good luck :D

16. #16 b0nne, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
  17. Day 3 for the Critical, ;). The other one hasn't popped out of the ground yet so I did start germinating another seed either last night or this morning, I forget. But the seed has cracked and I'm waiting for a longer taproot :p.

Day 3:
    View attachment 132030
    View attachment 132031

18. Hey b0nne, interesting! I'm watching this closely; trying to learn. It will be interesting to see how you manage your space. You're not planning to scrog, are you? I'll be starting my mrgrowpro pc box grow after returning from holidays next month. I'm going to do organic.Some people swear the smoke taste better when done organic. We'll see. I pretty much have all the ingredients for my soil mix. Going to mix it up in the next couple of days to let it 'cook' while I'm away. Then the fun begins!

19. Thanks! And thanks for watching/posting :)! No I don't plan on scrogging, but I will be using pipe cleaners to LST, and maybe FIM'ing if it's possible on 12/12 from seed (I'll research it now :p- if it's not I will on my next grow as I'll probably veg for a couple of weeks)

I've heard about the better taste from organic- I have no idea, but I hope it works for you and you get some awesome tasting buds :)!

Please when you get back, make a journal! :)

20. #20 b0nne, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
    Sup guys, end of day 5 for the Critical on the left, the one which didn't pop from the soil yet finally popped so I'd say this is day 1 for it as I didn't see it this morning, although I check on them like 2 times a day :).The other that I germinated which was going to be in place of the other did taproot and I've put it in a small cup, I will water it etc. But I won't be fussed if I need to rid it, - I won't be transplanting.) So, Day 5, Day 1 and the cup which hasn't sprouted yet. Edit: looked at the rest of this week's and next week's weather... 28 tommorow , 35,34,36,35 are the next days... Celcius... :/ lol. Good luck plants. View attachment 132116 View attachment 132117 View attachment 132118 View attachment 132119 View attachment 132120