Do more expensive bongs get you higher?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by jvsdiojisio, Dec 12, 2013.

1. For me, Life is all about the experience.  When I am driving somewhere, I like to do it in a nice and fast car, When I have sex, I stick to beautiful women and when I eat food, I like it to taste good and prefer it to be good for my body .

When I smoke, I prefer it to be out of quality glass.

But hey, there needs to be some people who like to drive shitty cars and do the ugly chicks and eat fast food.

2. No. People just buy more expensive pieces (like a roor) for the quality ,the look ,and the name (and on occasions for the accessories that come with the piece such as multiple chambers ,tar catchers ,ice catchers ,etc..).

3. lol I have to admit, you're right about my pre edited post.. I was just being a dick because the question was so stupid, but it wasn't right of me and I realized that it added nothing of worth to an already pointless post .. No offense op.. But you'd be better off googling such questions.. Take care

4. Personally was a huge fan of the old school JBD's!

5. you sound like a tool

6. ^^ lol I got a little laugh out of it at least

7. #27 gbt34, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013
    LOL It was kind of a Dos Equis guy kind of a moment. But in reality, Why is someone a tool because they like the finer things in life?  I guess the second part of that statement is somewhat true.

tough crowd lol

8. I would say that for one, a really, really cheap piece will be made of such shitty glass that you will be able to taste it when smoking. Its just really cheap, thin, shitty, glass. Then there are other factors like the bowl itself being uneven and weird or stems being off and percs not lining up right, the list goes on.

Now with a good piece it will hit SMOOTHER which will in turn make your high better. That to me is the difference is the smoothness. But, an 80 dollar bong is not going to have cool ass percs and set ups.

In short

A cheap bong will:
    be made of thin glass and will be easier to break
    will not have nice percs/ may not have percs at all
    Will most likely come with a really cheap slide (bowl head)
    will be small which will affect your hits since the smoke is entering your lungs much quicker

a nice bong will:
    be made of thick high quality glass (but can obviously still break)
    will have a better design overall
    will have nice perc set ups and they will be made correctly
    will be bigger

9. both will give you the same high with varying fractions of pretentiousnesses 

10. no. but it tastes 100% better. and it's almost impossible to clean out the plastic ones.