Ruderalis project...

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by sxxdnne, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Funny thing is the Jamaican seeds were a joke. The receptionist where I used to work was goin on vacation and I jokingly said. " when score some Jamaican down there check for seeds and mail them back to me". She found a bud full of seed and brought them back in a sock and gave em to me.
    SWEET!!!!!!

2. Outdoors dude, outdoors. I was shocked as well. I had 9 and 10s before but nothing 13 ft. The stock was almost 4" accross when I cut her down.

3. I would like to keep it outdoors, unfortunately I have a Porky the Pig living behind me, so I'm not trying to draw attention. I have been researching a Guerrilla grow, but there aren't any real good spots around here. I was looking into building something to conceal it.that's probably my only hope in staying outside... 

4. I need something that won't stick out like a sore thumb, but will also allow the light in..

5. I would also like to keep it outdoors because I've had better luck outdoors. I grew indoors a few years back, the damn thing grew about 8 feet but it never flowered, just grew and grew and grew. I know I didn't have the right lighting or nutes, but the damn thing had leaves the size of my hand, but never did anything other then grow straight up.

6. Here dude just do this if ya got a basement or even a spare room. All ya need is 5 sheets of styro sheets 4 sides and cut the 5th in half for the ends. Build a frame out of 1x4 strapping. Tape all of your seems with the metal duct tape for sealin duct work. Get a highbay garage light one that uses t-5 bulbs or t-8 bulbs. They come with the chain to hang them with. Get the natural light full spectrum bulbs for it. Cut a do0r in the side and yer away. You grew an 8' tree inside that didnt flower. Sounds like it was well looked after. May not have flowered due to light times or it could have been a pure landrace sativa that sometimes can flower for months and can take a long tme to start to flower.

View attachment 1174707
    View attachment 1181204

7. I will have to look at this set-up closely. Looks like a very good/easy set-up. Now , I have a question. My current grow is in a small pot, definitely less then 5 gallons, but far from the smallest pot you can buy. It's already flowering, I'm guessing a month or so from being ready to pull. I have a nice size bucket not being used that is easily 2 1/2 Times the size of my current pot, and I have a couple white construction buckets. The large ones. My question is this, the plant pretty much stopped growing upward at a lil over a foot. Should I move it to one of the bigger pots, or wait til I start the next grow?

8. I have a empty garage, so this would be perfect to do in there. Thanks for the DIY guide. ;)

9. yah man the pot its in should be fine if it has started to flower I wouldnt bother transplanting. Do you know if it is a 28 day flowering strain ??? oh this is the one with rude in it. They normally pack the flowers on quick once they start but take a month or a bit for the trichs to cloud up.
    I start mine in solo cups then before the second set of real leaves I try to transplant into a 1 gallon or larger container. This can promote more females from regular non-feminized seed. Also they say if the temps are kept just below 70 but not below 65 you get more females. Im testing that theory right now.

10. The lights keep the box warm when they are on. I just hooked a small space heater on a thermastat to keep the temps just below 70 when the lights are off

11. Yeah this was some random bag seeds so I'm not sure if it's a 28 day or not. It went into the ground right near the end of October, and started flowering right around the middle of Nov or close to thanksgiving. I haven't noticed any new pistils in the last couple day's. But it is starting to give off a lil odor. I'm thinking by end of Jan beginning if Feb it should be ready.

12. The only problem with heat I will have is it being too hot. Tomorrow is the first day of winter and we're looking at 80's from now til after Christmas... We've only had a few nights where it was cooler then 50 outside.

13. If we see weather like this year, next year, growing outside may be a challenge. It rained everyday for like 3 months straight. Other then security, that's another reason why I'm looking at moving everything inside.

14. Holy fuck where in the world are you at 80s. I was looking at -15 celcius the ther day. Night with the wind chill it was like -20 celcius. Shit you got great outdoor temps. Cool man.

15. Inside because of the baconater next door????

16. I've been lurking on some of the seed bank sites, looking for something good to cross with these. 

17. Yes.... he can't really see that well thru the fence that separates our properties, but if he were to walk right up to it. He could see over it or thru the boards. And since he's local fuzz, I don't want the headaches. I'm in Fl. So yeah the temps in my area are superb for outdoors. Just my location because of fresh pork chops isn't that good.

18. A heavy sativa crossed with a squat cola producing indica would be a plus.

19. I have a screened in back porch that gets sun on three sides but it doesn't allow the sun to get to all sides of the plant. I was looking at concealing it by growing other plants around it. It's just not the time of year yet to be planting tomatoes..lol

20. iv'e run that very strain, damn good bud. had a couple not auto for me, had to put them on 12\\12 for 2 of them but i had 5 auto for me under 18/6.