Ruderalis project...

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by sxxdnne, Dec 11, 2013.

1. So I started my latest outdoor project with bag seeds. The few bags that I got that were seeded had a decent pull on them. I was surprised when I tossed a few seeds into my soil and discovered they were Ruderalis. It's roughly 2 months in, maybe a foot tall, flowering like a hungry fat man at a all you can eat buffet. Since this was a spur of the moment project, I'm going to let it play out, and see how it goes. I will post pics later. 

2. 20131211_154936.jpg   20131211_154924.jpg

A  quick pic. Just to give an idea of how she looks right now...

3. I'm interested in the strength of the buzz, some of the ruderalis skunk crosses from breeders like Sensi have a much higher THC content than the landrace varieties.  You may be in for a real nice surprise

4. I was thinking the same. Since its not a pure Ruderalis, and most of the bags I've come across that has seeds were actually pretty decent. My only concern is it's small stature. I won't get a lot out of this, but it was a shot in the dark, so whatever I hit is a bonus. I will update next week, and keep updating until I have harvested.

You might be surprised. with some of the good crosses you might end up with plants that are mostly bud, perfect for sea of green.

6. That's funny cause I was just saying to someone if it turns out to be some good good, then I'm going to turn into a serious project! ;)

Last spring I put 7 autoflowers seedlings outside in may and had seed by july. the earliest male and female made me a shitload of fast flowering seeds they did hit 6 feet tall. 1 month and they are sexed, 6 weeks later they can be chopped. A white rhino autoflower that buds big and has some power to it.

Mine is a true less than 90 days seed to harvest indoors sea of green. I hit the jackpot. :) still have about 2,000 seeds.

8. This one is a loner, I do however have some more seeds from the bag I pulled this one from. I'm in no hurry to start my next project, which will be indoors. I'm currently looking at my options for light and seed. I have a nice soil mix I wanna try, so I'm gathering the components of that as we speak. I plan on starting the new project first of the year. Any tips on where to get a good ballist would be greatly appreciated.

9. it appears you have the plant outdoors?

10. Um, yeah, this is the outdoor grow journal right.. lol. This one is outside, but since I have more seeds from the same bag, I was going to start my next project inside. I have a neighbor who lives behind me who I really wouldn't want to see it growing outside. ;)

11. #11 sxxdnne, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2013
    I wish I could do a outdoor grow on a larger scale. Oldpork, I followed your '10 and your most recent grow. Very very nice from beginning to end. I hope to get things going and have some results similar to yours. :smoking:

12. 20131214_121756.jpg 20131214_121746.jpg 20131214_121743.jpg

So here are today's pics. I have a branch on both sides that are pretty much identical so I didn't snap a pic of both sides. So far she is progressing pretty good. :)

13. I seen rudrerallis and popped in here for a min. I have been growing a couple of purple strains that have ruderallis in the gene pool. You wont be disappointed i think.

14. I'll tell you what, I had to move it around the other day to catch the sun light. It's smelling skunky, so I may have hit the Jack pot.. :)

15. I ordered seeds 15 years ago Lethal Purple. I had some Jamaican bag seed as well. The Lethal purple I found out when I read the parentage had 20% ruderallis 60% indica and 20% sativa. crossed the LP with the Jamaican which was almost 100% sativa from what  could tell. I got some of the best phenotypes I have ever had from that cross. Subsequent breedings showed out a tight budded rank smelling skunk pheno, a hashplant type pheno and a LP poison pheno. All are very potent.
    Some people want nothing to do with rudy genes but where I am I need them in there just for the early finish. I still get average 5 - 9 foot plants with rude in them.

16. Now that's what I'm talkin bout... hell yeah... I think I have about another 4 weeks and she'll be finished. After that I think I'm going to order some cookies online and bring the proj indoors.

17. I hear the cookies are crazy good. Never experienced them myself.

18. I kept about 20 of the original Jamaican bag seeds. I crossed a 12 foot purple male and 13 foot female that came from the original bag seed. I wound up with over 4000 charcoal black/grey medium size seeds that look pretty much identical. Then one of the Jamaicans were late flowering so she was not pollenated. I took some Lethal Purple skunky male pollen and tagged a couple of branches and pollenated them. The male was skunky and the 13 foot sativa smlled like greenapples and bubblebum. That cross gave me some huge, candy fruity smelling hybrids and some skunky candy smelling hybrids.
    Keep breeding man, maybe try to get a 80% Sativa and maybe a heavy Indica to cross with you rude strain. These plants are amazing to work with. fun fun fun

19. I'm over here drooling.... :p.... 

20. 12 footer and a 13 footer... :O... If I had the room... man....O.....man