Human Immortality.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Weedity, Dec 9, 2013.

1. http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/the-present-universal-truth/

Start there and see how you feel. I just started so I'm not all the way thru yet, however what I've read so far seems to be a pretty clear explanation on our reality and "eternity" etc.

:smoking:

2. Hmm not sure how I feel about this. Little too deep for me to accept, but interesting none the less. It makes some sense though in some aspects, seems to be more focused on spiritual immortality and not really actual physical immortality. 

3. Death is not bad. I repeat, death is not bad. You have to die, to live. If you knew that you could live this life for eternity, life would be the most miserable experience. Think of a game where you are losing and you know you can't win. You quit!!!

4. #24 Weedity, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
    Here's the thing though, nobody says when we achieve immortality that you have to stay immortal forever. You could even choose to stay mortal if you will. The way I look at it though is even if immortal, I am sure we can end ourselves whenever we feel necessary and are ready.  

With immortality many people won't have to deal with the pain of losing loved ones to murder, disease, cancers, etc. Wars in time should cease to exist, given that immortals over time become vastly wise. 

5. [quote name="Weedity" post="19137137" timestamp="1386693366"]Here's the thing though, nobody says when we achieve immortality that you have to stay immortal forever. You could even choose to stay mortal if you will. The way I look at it though is even if immortal, I am sure we can end ourselves whenever we feel necessary and are ready. [/quote] then that is immortality.

6. The only reason you see physical mortality is because your physical senses are limited to that perception.
    In reality, we are immortal beings, made up of consciousness. When we "die" we shed our physical bodies and (hopefully) advance onto the next spiritual body, if we are able to seek the truth and use our rational minds.
    If not, we reincarnate into another animal species or as another human to learn the lessons of life all over again, with a clear mind.

Life is fucking crazy man!

7. This just seems more like a belief/faith then fact. Do you KNOW for a fact that when are physical bodies and brain ceases to function that we really live on spiritually? 

8. I would have to argue that if you use reason, then you will come to this conclusion. We are the only beings on this planet that are capable of using this reason. There is something setting us apart from the animal kingdom, reason. It's a stretch to believe any of this stuff and easier to accept death as it is and believe that it will be the end of our cycle.
    But we are beings who are able to commit karma and determine whether or not we progress (knowing the truth) or regress (ignoring the truth).
    Our consciousness is made of energy, just like everything else in life, the plants, animals, sun, moon, its all energy man. The fuel in your car, everything requires it.
    Energy cannot be created or destroyed, thus our consciousness is immortal unlike our physical body.
    The only reason we perceive our physical body is because of our limited senses.

Once we accept death and no longer fear it, we accept life and live it to the fullest. Once we understand the cycle completely or as best we can and begin to adapt a spiritual lifestyle, then we will progress in the next stage of life and reincarnate as spiritual beings, instead of back into the animal kingdom because we were unable to use our rational minds to understand the cycle of life.

There is divine intelligence controlling the cosmos, just like we have the government controlling our lives. Its a system.

9. Now my question is, out of curiosity, what if mankind overcame death? What if we ceased to stop dying. Achieved physical immortality. What would happen to this "spiritual realm" and the natural energy of things? What would happen to the cycle? 

10. In order to kill the immortal, you must eliminate the brain

11. Well I think it's possible to overcome death, from understanding. If we completely understand that death is an illusion and believe it to our core, then we will not fear it and be ready to progress onto the next, spiritual phase.
    To me, the spiritual phase is beyond this third dimension and like the poster says under me, once we eliminate the mind and its understanding of "death" we will be beyond it and immortal spiritual beings.
    Just because we understand it in this realm doesn't change this realm, because once we die, we move onto the next, leaving this one behind.
    If we do not, we reincarnate to learn it all over again in the human form, this physical reality - with a new , clean mind.
    So our species doesn't necessarily change, but we change the cycle ourselves in our minds and that's how we progress.
    Good questions and I hope my responses make sense and these are my interpretations from the past year or so of reflection and research. 

Essentially, yes.
    In the article I sent OP, it was saying how the mind uses fear for protection and once we are able to basically get rid of the mind and not allow it to be in control, then we start to "live" our lives.
    That's not to say we cant use the mind for understanding and to "serve" our spiritual bodies.

12. What happens to all of this though if we humans and the brains and consciousness we have no never recycles because it never will end anymore? Wouldn't realms be pointless if we learned to use science to make our physical selves immortal? 

13. I think that once you have the understanding of death and how it is necessary in physical life forms, then death and the rebirth cycle will no longer seem "bad" like how we portray it in this physical manifestation.
    From that article I sent you originally, it mentioned something that in heaven death and rebirth will be seen as something beautiful and that once you comprehend that, its just the nature of the process. Or as one of the Beetles member's said, "It's like getting out of one car and into another." ( I think that's how they said it )
    Death is progression essentially.
    And I think that not all of us are on the same level of consciousness, even though we are all humans. So we progress individually. But in the future if we decide to live as spiritual beings, then so will our offspring because they won't necessarily know any different.
    And in doing so all the humans on the earth plane can live in harmony and be somewhere at the same level of consciousness.
    This is what some people would call heaven on earth.
    Imagine everyone in harmony and abundance of food and free energy.

14. #35 Sam_Spade, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuN1UqadRIw

15. #36 Weedity, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
    This man truly believes in around 25 years we can start living lives that will last for 1000 years. That's incredible. A thousand year lifespan, could you imagine? 

Though, I think he is a little ahead of himself really. 

16. I'd have so many degrees :laughing:

17. I used to think immortality would be amazing but now I'd rather just conform to the circle of life and maybe roll the dice again if I must.

If immortality was offered but It was a far more advanced civilization then I might reconsider. But honestly I don't see humans doing anything too over-the-top any time soon.