Qwiso Hash in cold weather?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by mitchistoocool, Dec 9, 2013.

1. I plan on making my first batch of Qwiso hash this weekend. I have researched that it definitely takes a lot more time to evaporate in the cold, especially with only 91% ISO(which I will be using since I have no access to 99% at this point) If I let my mixture evaporate in colder weather will this change the potency of the finished product at all? Will it effect it any differently? Thank you! 

2. no way to put a fan on it? only takes a few hours with a fan. just letting it sit takes forever. and the cold will only prolong the evaporation process, shouldn't impact quality

3. Yes I was planning on using a small fan. 

4. Temps around 50 F

5. it'll be fine. like i said, it just may take a bit longer.

6. You're going to do this outside in the freezing cold? Why not make it inside, like in the kitchen where it's warm and it won't affect the process?

7. Not the freezing cold, around 50 F. 

8. thats way to cold to fully purge but thats a great way to preserve terpenes, as long as your extraction tech was on point. Just let the liquid evaporate in the cold temps and then scrape onto parchment paper and heat it on a griddle at 100-110F for 4-8hr minimum.