Why is really good weed usually so harsh?

Discussion in 'General' started by dank48, Dec 9, 2013.

1. trollin.

2. Wisdom.

I think that the reason you get so high off the harsh weed, OP, is purely because of the coughing it brings on. I find for myself that if I hack my brains out after smoking, I will feel much higher because of how light headed coughing gets me.

3. If it's hurting your lungs and is harsh it's probably not really good weed, i just got some really good stuff from California and the stuff isn't harsh at al and it gets me high as hell.

4. Your stuff probably isn't even dank, post a picture of it.

5. that sounds like schwag. Good weed gives a good burn. Bad weed just fucking burns

6. #26 aPersonUponaHill, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013

No really good weed doesnt usually burn, it is smooth and tastes good. It might be harsh because it isnt flushed and/or dried and cured properly, or picked early.

7. #27 ChiefOne, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
    [quote name="aPersonUponaHill" post="19131651" timestamp="1386616624"]No really good weed doesnt usually burn, it is smooth and tastes good. It might be harsh because it isnt flushed and/or dried and cured properly[/quote]it is smooth, but good bud will have the THC expand in your lungs thereby making it harsh

8. #28 aPersonUponaHill, Dec 9, 2013

That isnt where that comes from either, that "harshness" is irritation to the trachea and broncial tubes, which is exacerbated by chemicals in your cannabis which should have been flushed(purged). Your lungs expand constantly when you breathe and dont hurt. They take in THC in 3 seconds or less through alveoli. Tiny pockets in which your lungs take in THC or air, or whatever is there. 

9. [quote name="Burning J 420" post="19131112" timestamp="1386608825"]Your stuff probably isn't even dank, post a picture of it.[/quote]yeah op, pics or it didn't happen

10. I love how quickly offended people get on forums--on an herb forum nonetheless hahaha.

Don't be so angry, chill. And I agree with others, as soon as I read the title I reckoned it wasn't cured properly. If this is a consistent problem, your dealer is selling some bad shit. I have bitch lungs, I'll admit (considering I just started /really/ toking and it's like once a month) but even the most dank are tolerable for me. Then again, my shit comes straight from a dispo.

If you're in a medical (or even legal) state, get one from a dispo. You say you have cancer, so you can get a card (if you dont already) to help with the nausea. You probably shouldn't inhale much, though. My cousin got it in pill/edibles form, so go for that if you honestly cannot enjoy it smoked due to cancer or your lungs from cigs or just bad weed.

11. #31 aPersonUponaHill, Dec 9, 2013

And what sort of health guidelines exist at the state level to ensure consistency and quality? Because none exist at the federal level so it mostly falls on the responsibility and ethics of the business itself. 

California is a joke.

12.   I seen you said it's still moist..   Thats why it burns your throat. The moisture turns to steam and is hotter then the smoke itself.   If it goes down smooth but expands the more you hold it in that's just because it's good weed/expando.
       Just let it sit out for 1 or so hrs until it feels crisp then put it in a jar while you smoke it. If it moistens again then set it out for 30-1 hr.  Thats the curing process and if you have enough let it sit in the jar and you'll see that after 1 week it'll start tasting way better and get you more stoned.   Most growers who sell bulk just get it out before curing. 

13. Seriously? I got all sorts of dank stuff and sometimes it's super hard and sometimes it's like drinking milk. Depends on the buds and the curing/drying. I always did a test rip when i got a new bag to see how harsh it was. The times where the last oz was harsh then i hit the next and it was so smooth were the best.

14. Kiefsweat, Thanks for feedback. I did some research and found out that purple kush expands in your lungs. I stopped getting high for a while because I was on probation. Back in the day there was only commercial weed going around. Then sencimela (regular green bud) started to come around. And now days there are so many different strains out there, not all strains are smooth, but I'm sure you already knew that. Thanks Again

Sent from my Prism II using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Chiefone, FINALLY someone who understands.

16. Sent from my Prism II using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

17. I don't have a good camera, so u won't be able too see what I'm working with.

18. #38 YaSlava, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Greetings friend, have u tried taking smaller tokes with more air? Coughing would usually occur in this case if your taking in more THC than oxygen. IDK, well that's my 2 cents.

19. It looks nice and dence but like other people said it probably wasn't cured properly because that's probably why it's harsh.

20. These pics go out to all who are sarcastic.