Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Which Professions Have The Most Psychopaths?

• Please log in to reply

wolftigerosebud

wolftigerosebud

Mir

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,737 posts

448x376xpsychopath.jpg.pagespeed.ic.rPJv

http://theweek.com/a...ost-psychopaths

I just want you all to know I love you.

Get off the ground

• Silver Member
  • 900 posts

• ThreeNinesFine, TinTizzy and Ms.chips like this

BongmanB

BongmanB

• Registered Upgraded
  • 316 posts
Not surprised that professions with more personal interaction have less psychopaths.

FatGrow

FatGrow

N.I.G.G.A

• Registered Upgraded
  • 785 posts

everybody above the age of 18 is a psychopath

Vicious

Vicious

qt 3.14

• Registered Upgraded
  • 10,577 posts

I really hate the term psychopath. Most of the time people use it we're talking about sociopaths but then to most that's spiting hairs or comes down to 'correctness'.

Edited by Vicious, 08 December 2013 - 07:10 PM.

• Synyster Jesus likes this

MacTonite

MacTonite

Tall in the grass

• Banned by Moderators
  • 5,202 posts

Retail.

• Durb likes this

TinTizzy

TinTizzy

sorry n shit

• Registered Upgraded
  • 12,481 posts

you cant possibly have feelings if you are an accountant

suplove

suplove

Caviar Dreams

• Bronze Member
  • 6,183 posts

• Un®3al Divinity™, BlazedGlory, Synyster Jesus and 4 others like this

fancypantsdawg

fancypantsdawg

hold my beer

• Bronze Member
  • 4,324 posts

Edited by fancypantsdawg, 08 December 2013 - 07:13 PM.

Fizzly

Fizzly

Unregistered, downgraded Neanderthal

• Registered Upgraded
  • 6,718 posts

Politicians, without question.

Yet they weren't even in the list. Who MADE the list? :confused:

• Un®3al Divinity™, Cereal Killer, Synyster Jesus and 1 other like this

MacTonite

MacTonite

Tall in the grass

• Banned by Moderators
  • 5,202 posts

i'm telling you, retail. people know a grocery store is somewhere they can go and take out their shitty mood on the people who work there, and the employee will just have to grin and bare it. 

cball

cball

I divide by zero...

• Gold Member
  • 11,130 posts

• DatUndiscoveredWalrus likes this

Travy Pants

Travy Pants

rebellious eye

• Silver Member
  • 9,702 posts

Vicious

Vicious

qt 3.14

• Registered Upgraded
  • 10,577 posts

I feel as though these have become interchangeable by now because so many people's definitions of psychopaths vs. sociopaths vary and are switched around. I myself I'm not even all that clear one the difference between the two because on source will say something, another will say the opposite. 

Hahaha everyone is my family is into law...This is probably accurate!

I thought about this which is why I added in that edit.

To me, a sociopath is the common term most people refer to, lacking emotion, manipulative but is apathetic on a societal level. They still integrate and many normal healthy people can and do develop sociopathic tendencies. A psychopath, to me, is when it becomes more of distortion or disorder, finding a need for release in harming others. I would consider a cut throat CEO a sociopath and a serial killer a psychopath, unless that CEO got off on firing hundreds of thousands of people and were otherwise emotionless. Still, if it were a study, for the point of being 'correct', I would refer to the latter as a sociopath too.

psychiatry and those practicing it have the highest incidence of mental problems.... the craziest patients are doctors of the profession.

I agree whole heatedly and would use myself as a personal testimony.

Edited by Vicious, 08 December 2013 - 07:20 PM.

• Synyster Jesus, SiriusWolff and fancypantsdawg like this

Vicious

Vicious

qt 3.14

• Registered Upgraded
  • 10,577 posts

i'd like to have a little chat with mr. barker. 

American-Psycho-006.jpg

Jesus Christ, Marcus, take it easy. You're starting to sound like that dork Bateman.

Kush cookies

Kush cookies

D.E.A

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,435 posts

Chefs anyday!

impactfour

impactfour

The Illest For Realists

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,327 posts

psychopath=/=sociopath

some reading on the subject: http://voices.yahoo....224.html?cat=72

http://www.diffen.co...th_vs_Sociopath

I am a sociopath. I was born the same as everyone else, years of parental abuse has completely rewired my emotional circuit-board. I do not feel the same as majority of human beings do, and never will. What makes many people happy, makes me anxious, when most people feel angry, it's uncomfortable, I feel controlled, calm, and at one with the universe when I am angry. I feel love, thank god, but in a very different way, I feel love liker a domesticated wolf, I love those who help me, those who benefit me, those who make me better, and mainly, those who make me feel human (or what I assume it feels like to be 'human'). And I love 2 people other than myself, I would do anything and everything for them, and feel no remorse, anything is justified for them, again, like the domesticated wolf. 

I have been like this for as long as I can remember, and became what I am too young to be changed. I am not a psychopath though, I understand what it would feel like to be one (better than what it would be like to be an average person), but I am not one. I have no delusions, nor grandeur, I am not impulsive. 

There is a difference between these disorder, and lumping them together makes treatment for both more difficult, I hope I helped clarify for anyone. I can answer questions if anyone would like.

Ms.chips

Ms.chips

Rainbow Bongshow

• Registered Upgraded
  • 269 posts

Hmmmm interesting. I always used to think it was actually dentists..

Synyster Jesus

Synyster Jesus

I'm that guy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,230 posts

Surprised cops aren't higher and military combatants aren't there

Solid State Society

Solid State Society

Infinite Intelligence

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,150 posts

If anyone has 40 minutes to spare, this is quite an interesting and accurate representation of what we term Psychopath. 

Now to me I don't think you can rank psychopaths because psychopaths are psychotic in their own ways. There are a lot of psychopathic people out there walking amongst us and we can never tell because they're so good at acting "normal" 

But if you ask me I will put politicians at the top and move CEO to 2nd.

Edited by Solid State Society, 09 December 2013 - 05:44 AM.

• impactfour likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users