I need to cram

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by Emma & Dave, Dec 7, 2013.

1. So basically, I've been growing for seven months in soil and coco. Im familiar with high quality nutrients, soil make-up (soil chemistry) I use a combination of leds and uvb cfls. Here's the twist.I just ordered an A2 aeroponics system and i have no idea what im doing. So im opening this thread to create some sort of think tank as to how to make the perfect aeroponics grow environment in a 4 x 4 x 7 tent. What do i need. How do large plants stay upright in hydroton? Open to anythingSent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Spice it up with some vanilla cheese 1386466612310.jpg Sent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Bump?Sent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. "Perfect" would involve a HPS IMHO.

To keep them staying upright I'm starting them in beer cups full of coco till they're about a foot tall then transfer them into hydroton then into bubble buckets. I'm going to run two in a 4x4x7.

5. grrrr. I would add 10 more kessils before i add an hps... Sent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Yeah I know, they are an absolute pain in the butt but you can't argue with there results. At least with the lights you have it will be easier too keep your res cool.

7. #7 Emma & Dave, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
    What is optimal res temp? I figured you would want it around 76 ish? And is it sully to throw an aquarium uv sterilizer. Its not really that they are a pain in the butt, im just really trying to use leds. Im running 840 theoretical watts of par atm about to bump it up to 1500. It is just a totally different style of growing in my opinion. Thanks for takin your time to help btwSent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Around 68 from memory, 76ish would be for tent temp. What's the aquarium uv sterilizer for? For the water? That's not bad for lighting, what's the actual watts? Or what ever its called.

No worries either mate, I like to get as much info from different grows as I can and then use what parts suit me best.

I would love to go LED's as I think they would lend themselves well to DWC (should be much easier to keep the res cool) but yield is my top priority for my next grow. I need to see much better results then my first attempt.

9. IMHO Par value only goes so far, you also need intensity to get the light down into the canopy. I grow with LED's and HPS's in combination. If you are concerned with anchoring your girls, and maximizing yield lets talk SCROG and LST. I use neoprene caps to keep my plants upright until they grow into the screen, and then as you weave the girls into the screen the screen supports them. Optimal res temp is low, 68 sounds about right. more important is the amount of DO in your res (i.e. airstones). Humidity is always an issue with aeroponics so make sure you have good ventilation or a dehumidifier.

10. Okay grow to dab 5the uv sterilizer destroys pathogens and such. Bacteria and bla bla bla. The actual watts is around 360-380 My tent stays around 76-80 We yield alright, 1.5-1.75 oz per plant after 3-4 weeks veg under floro.Boss!Yes i totally agree! Thats why i use so many kessils comming in from so many angles. Each one is 36 real watts coming from a 60 source they are supposed to be 18 inches away creating a 2 foot cone. They are said to match a 150 watt hps (respectively taken with a grain of salt) these fucking things are bright. Im talking blinding. Im trying to pack 8 of them in the tent in total, along woth a 300 watt panel and a 90 watt ufo. We almost need sunglasses just to take a quick look in the tent.Sent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. #11 Emma & Dave, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
    And alright 68 for res temp. I will keep that in mind. Boss, i was an aquarium guy.... could i set up a couple 375 gph powerheads in the res to keep the water turbulent? I have connections to a powerhead with a built in uv sterilizer and diffuser to oxygenate the water... sound good? Or would a uv sterilizer tamper with my nutes?Sent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Exposure turned way down on camera 1386551020921.jpg What it really looks like 1386551054299.jpg Sent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Thanks! Im about to double my actual wattage too! I still see darkspots so i need more light! (; Sent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #15 Grow2dab., Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
    Everyone needs more light haha. How hard have you found your humidity and temp too control? Do run a big fan or ac or anything or has it not been an issue?

15. Well i do notice higher humidity with the leds! I use a dehumidifier and i keep my humidity around 35-45 and my temps chill around 78-82. I pull 270 cfm into the tent and exhaust 470 cfm. we have the dehumidifier and a cooling tower inside the tent with other smaller desk fans. Sent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Awesome thanks. I was wondering if I could get away with just a exhaust fan with LED's but it appears I can't. Dehumidifiers are expensive addition too the setup.

17. Honestly, you could prolly get by without it. But i had a problem with powdery mildew once so im super paranoid. No fungus colonization at 35% relative humidity. Sent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. ITS HERE ITS HERE! And im flippin out. So bad ass. 2 four foot tubes, each one has three cup holes. Fits 3 inch net cups. 12 inches apart. The tubes are 4.5"x4.5"As far as i can tell there's 6 sprayers in each tube.... is that enough??? Doesnt really seem like it.Looks like a 10 gallon res 400 gph pump and all the fitting. The steel frame table is insanely beastlySent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. 1386868499251.jpg Sent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app