So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. What brand fenabar?

2. Root bound mad man, I think, 1 month veg, tomorrow 4wks flower in (I know I know) 2gal pot

smoke em if you've got em

3. The Kellogg's garden soil. But I've tried the porch and patio mix from them too with similar results. It's just not fully broken down I think, there are more chunks of wood, a.k.a. mulch, then compost in it. I'll most likely put the 3 cu ft I have left of it in the compost pile I have going. 

I'm glad I got to the bottom of it. The Jack Herer's recovery is all the proof I needed :) This is week old video I finally got around to posting. 

http://youtu.be/Y6fJfQxMvI8

4. smoke em if you've got em

Attached Files:

5. My hydro Haz c keeps getting slime on roots within day or two of flush with pool shock and fresh nutes..think i've narrowed it down to poor storage of nutes in lower cabinet next to stove..think my entire stock of nutes that wasn't refrigerated may be bad idk but these plnts are going dwn hill fast..nothing to lose so i'm putting them in soil tomorrow and see if they like that better like their sistas..Pilot didn't like hydro either but took off when placed in soil..circumstance is making this a all soil summer looks like..i'm prepared once i get some Neem and Azamax but it's going to hurt pouring $200 plus of nutes dwn the drain..i'm disgusted with myself but patting myself on the back for being prepared with bk up plan root slime returns 003.JPG root slime returns 004.JPG root slime returns 001.JPG

6. #1146 SitnSpin, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    You should try their Eco-Scraps Compost.

7. Repotted in same mix Pilot got and placed in same window..thumbs are crossed hydro to soil 008.JPG hydro to soil 010.JPG

looks like you're letting light in where the air hoses go in. I had a light leak through my hydroton and couldn't solve my slime problem till I covered the tops of the cups with plastic. :)

9. Got my first grow starting... any tips? Link is in my signature.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Make sure you got plenty-o holes in those 5 gal pot.

I put them also in the bottom half of the sides.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I have 6-8 on the bottoms of each( half inch holes) and 4 on the sides(1 for every "corner.")

• Like Like x 2
  12. I'd get a small (1/8"ish) bit and swiss cheese the sides. The hotter it gets, the more air the roots need. Outdoors you're going to be giving them a lot of water, and you'll need great drainage.

@MedCannabis101

13. Or be like me and use 10 gal aero pots for your final planting.

@MedCannabis101

14. #1154 SiberianShepherd, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    If your comment was directed towards me they actually seem to be doing fine on water. I only need to water them every 2-3 days. Also the sides already have 4 holes and they seem to be draining fine, at first I thought it was draining to much. I am also going to possibly transplant them again to bigger buckets if all works well and they survive. 

• Like Like x 1
  15. If you're gonna transplant, do the plants a favor and wait till the roots have taken up those buckets.

Otherwise it's just going to cause unneccesary stresssss

:)

I used to get carried away T-Ping... but you want to build strong root mass, good roots = good canopy.

16. I was going to wait until they got bigger, I recently transplanted them into these 5 gallons so they should be happy for awhile

17. Welcome and congrats on your first grow. Looks like you are off to a good start. You will find all the information you need to be successful here in the city. What kind of mix have you got in your soil?

18. Not the greatest stuff.

Attached Files:

19. Yes I was addressing you. It's not hot yet. When it gets in the 90's and hotter, They will be sucking water like crazy to stay cool. You cannot have too many holes in the sides, unless the dirt is falling out, lol
    If you're going to transplant them again, get 10 gallon aero pots. The plastic gets hot in the sun, too. Keeping the roots cool and moist is key too surviving 100+ temps.

Please, don't take me wrong, I'm not knocKing your stuff. Just trying to help you avoid a problem I had using 5 gal buckets. :)

@MedCannabis101

20. #1160 mrsilly, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014