So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. The DEA boss might have once thought there's something funny about medical marijuana, but he's definitely not laughing now.

A few days ago, we visited DEA headquarters to deliver more than 100,000 petition signatures demanding that agency head Chuck Rosenberg be fired for calling medical marijuana a "joke."

“There is no doubt in my mind that my son Jagger is still alive today because of medical cannabis," Sebastien Cotte, whose son uses marijuana extracts to reduce severe pain and seizures, said at our press conference in front of DEA. "For our family, that's no joke.”

Because we got so many signatures and we had the media with us, DEA knew they couldn't just ignore our visit. A DEA official actually had to come outside, accept our petitions and hear the stories of families that have benefited from cannabis.

And, when another parent spoke up about how her son finds relief with medical marijuana, the DEA representative even said, "I'm glad to hear that."

Momentum on the petition for change at DEA is continuing to pick up. Just a few days after dropping off 100,000 signatures, we now already have 125,000 -- and counting. Plus, a bipartisan group of members of Congress is demanding that President Obama fire for Rosenberg for his cruel comments.

If you haven't already signed the petition, please take a minute to add your voice now: http://change.org/nojoke

Chuck Rosenberg and DEA are on notice now, though at this point we don't know whether President Obama and his advisors at the White House are ready to take action and appoint a new administrator who will respect what science, doctors and patients say about medical marijuana.

But here's what we do know: The patients and family members we're working with aren't going to stop pushing until a much-needed change is made. And Marijuana Majority is going to be here to help make sure their voices are heard.

Thanks for your help,

Tom Angell
    Chairman
    Marijuana Majority

P.S. Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter so we can keep you up-to-date on all the most important marijuana policy reform developments.

2. I signed the petition and commented also.

3. He should die the death of 1000 cuts. The last cut should be his tongue. Did I say that out loud? I signed. Lol.

4. This..
    [​IMG]
    With the help of this..
    [​IMG]
    Gets turned into this
    [​IMG]
    Take a bit of that..
    [​IMG]
    Add a table spoon of that
    [​IMG]
    And we fill more of these..
    [​IMG]
    BNW

5. Got my own 6xbatch out of the freezer this morning. Good 12 hrs. Gonna let it defrost a bit then mash the crap out of it. Then one more cook @ 220. Haven't decided if I am going to cap this batch or use it to make mediables? 34g. Problem with the mediables is I am always trying to watch carbs...... Which is why I mainly stay with the caps. Last week I made medicated turkey soup. How did I do this? Simple just took a couple of shots from my tincture bottle. Instant Mediables, turkey Gravy no prob, spaghetti sauce add a little to you portion and stir it in....... Really a piece of cake.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448988921.943788.jpg

6. When the voters of California approved prop 215 so that people can use marijuana to treat various medical ailments, they didn't do so with the idea that local governments could or even should make it impossible to obtain medical marijuana legally under their zoning laws.

But surprise surprise, the Supreme Court of California thought they did.

In order to not overturn prior decisions that prevented cities from enacting ordinances to overturn a state law that they didn't like, the court ruled in the Riverside case that except for the single clause in Prop. 215 that gave immunity from prosecution to people who used marijuana medicinally when recommended by a doctor, everything else in Prop. 215 including the part that says “Californians have the right to obtain and use marijuana for medical purposes” is nothing but fluff and has no legal meaning or consequences.

The snarky reasoning behind the court's decision validated the successful tactics used by police to so effectively ban medical marijuana distribution that in almost 90% of the state, no legal distribution of medical marijuana is allowed.

With the renewed vigor provided by the court, police are now using the recently enacted AB 266 to go after patient cultivation of medical marijuana. Although it was arguable whether the Riverside decision by the California Supreme Court also gave cities the right to ban cultivation by patients, AB 266 specifically gave cities the authority to do that.

AB 266 “does not limit or prevent a city, county, or city and county from regulating or banning the cultivation, storage, manufacture, transport, provision, or other activity by the exempt person, or impair the enforcement of that regulation or ban."

Although it can be argued that allowing cities to ban cultivation violates Prop. 215's requirement that patients “have right to obtain and use marijuana,” the court could once again just say that it's all fluff and has no legal consequence.

Not wasting a moment, police are now browbeating city councils and county boards to ban patient cultivation and they are doing it with arms waving hysterically because if cities do not enact cultivation bans by March 2016, then the new state law takes over and they may no longer be able to ban.

Here in the Inland Empire, Beaumont is the only city to ban all cultivation while the city of Menifee has banned outdoor cultivation and allows a pitiful two plants to be grown indoors. San Bernardino County has banned all outdoor cultivation.

Now at least two more cities are considering cultivation bans – Indio and Riverside. This is going to snowball over the next three months and we had best start talking about what we can do to stop it or you will soon find it is illegal to cultivate your own medical marijuana where you live.

This is what the police want. They cannot overturn Prop. 215 but they have learned through their successful dispensary ban tactics that they can get cities and counties to make it impossible for patients to obtain marijuana anyway except from criminals. This is what they want of course because they get to intimidate with their power and get lots of taxpayer money to catch criminals but not legal patients so they make criminals out of patients that grow.

Cultivation bans in the IE are subject of the MAPP meetings this week – where they are happening and what we can do about them. If you cultivate anywhere in the IE and don't want to lose your ability to grow your own medicine, you need to be at one of the three MAPP meetings this week.

No one else is working to protect your rights to grow your medicinal marijuana except us. We were able to secure a decent cultivation ordinance in Riverside County, but Riverside County's ordinance was enacted before AB 266 and maybe they wouldn't have done it if it had been.

In any case, we will not succeed in getting reasonable cultivation ordinances unless patients like yourself get involved. If you don't come to one of the meeting listed below, then when the police or code enforcement officer comes to your home and rips your plants up and either arrests you or issues fines of up to $1,000 a day, .you can't say you had no idea that this could happen. No guarantee we can stop it, but if we don't try I can guarantee you that it will happen.

Here's the meeting info:

Wednesday, Dec. 2 at 7:30 pm Riverside/Western IE MAPP meeting - THCF Patient Center, 647 Main St. Unit 4D, Riverside 92501.
    The Brownie Mary Democratic Club meeting takes place at 6 pm before the MAPP meeting. Everyone is invited to attend both meetings.

Saturday, Dec. 5 at 12 noon – Palm Springs/Coachella Valley MAPP meeting - Crystal Fantasy, 268 N. Palm Canyon, downtown Palm Springs 92262.
    The Brownie Mary Democratic Club meeting takes place at 11:30 am before the MAPP meeting. Everyone is invited to attend both meetings.

Saturday, Dec. 5 at 3 pm - Morongo Basin/Joshua Tree MAPP meeting at the Beatnik Lounge, 61597 Twenty-Nine Palms Hwy., Joshua Tree 92252.

Marijuana Anti-Prohibition Project
    http://www.marijuananews.org/
    Marijuana Anti-Prohibition Project · PO Box 739, Palm Springs, CA 92263, United States

7. Barring unseen events I will be there.

8. #9449 mrsilly, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2015
    Made it

9. I was there for a couple of minutes. Ran into someone in the parking lot and had to go take care of something. How was it? Any good information shared??

10. When you think about getting property stolen, you think about criminals, but maybe you should be thinking about the police. Law enforcement use of asset forfeiture laws to seize property-often without a criminal conviction or even an arrest-has gone through the roof in recent years, and now the cops are giving the criminals a run for their money-and winning.

According to a new report on asset forfeiture from the Institute for Justice, police seized $4.5 billion in cash and property through civil forfeiture last year. That exceeds the $3.9 billion worth of property stolen in burglaries during the same period. The valuation of burglary proceeds is from the FBI's annual Uniform Crime Report.

Now, not every dollar seized by police is “stolen.” Some of it is seized legitimately from real criminals who should pay for the damage their crimes cause. But in too many cases, property is seized from people who have not been convicted of anything, like Charles Clarke.

Clarke, a 24-year-old college student, was relieved of $11,000 in cash by federal agents at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport after a ticket agent reportedly told them he smelled like marijuana. They stopped and searched him at the airport, found no drugs or other banned items, and never charged him with a crime, but they took his money.

Clarke says the cash was money he had saved over five years for college tuition. A federal judge this month said he was inclined to believe Clarke and has ordered the feds to actually show he made the money from drug dealing, as they claimed.

Clarke may get his money back, but it is an uphill battle. Unlike criminal law, where prosecutors must prove the guilt of the defendant, under civil asset forfeiture law, the burden of proof falls on the person from whom the money or property was seized. The property owner must prove that the property was not the proceeds of crime. And he must pay attorneys to fight for him. And he may not win.

With police racking up billions in seizures each year, law enforcement itself begins to take on the appearance of a criminal enterprise. It's an enterprise with an ever-expanding appetite. According to Armstrong Economics, federal prosecutors seized an estimated $12.6 billion between 1989 and 2010, and the trend is upward. Federal asset forfeiture proceeds hovered at just under a billion dollars a year until 2007, doubled to two billion by 2009, and doubled again to over four billion in both 2013 and 2014.

Abuses of civil asset forfeiture have struck a chord with the public, and states are now beginning to pass laws banning or severely restricting civil asset forfeiture. Both New Mexico and Michigan did this year, and so did Wyoming, but that law fell victim to a governor's veto.

Likewise, the issue is again gaining attention in Congress, which passed minor asset forfeiture reforms after a similar outcry 15 years ago. There are at least two bills going after civil asset forfeiture in this Congress, including one from Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) and a bipartisan bill that would bar the use of civil asset forfeiture funds by the DEA to eradicate marijuana.

But until federal legislation actually passes, it's still open season on the citizenry.

11. #9452 pedroliberty, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2015
  12. Some amending..
    [​IMG]
    Some transplanting..
    [​IMG]
    BNW

13. #9455 BrassNwood, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015
    Some of the winter run got potted and a few ground sites filled
    [​IMG]
    I'll move the SIPs onto the patio as soon as the roofers next door get finished..
    BNW

14. #9459 pedroliberty, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2015
    I wonder if we'll be seeing any comments on this from dale geiringer or dale sky jones? Their names didn't come up in that article....

15. I'm not liking this option. Hope we can find one we can all get on the same page with.