So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. I can drive 10 minutes and have abundant sunshine most of the year.

I was using BT twice a week all along. And Spinosad. Then the weather turned hot and humid for a week, then stormed like crazy, then remained warm and humid for another week. (Viva El Niño) That's when everything slid into a mold frenzy. The more I sprayed the more mold, so I stopped. I'm certain I lost a pound this year to mold, most of it from about a 3+lb plant. Then, I assume due to stress?? it all started to foxtail before it was quite finished. I ended up with some smoke, but mostly cooking material this year.
    I'm trying a different strain this winter. A guy bought something called "Bubba" at a dispensary somewhere and gave me a couple seeds he found in it. The buds looked more long and skinny than big and fat like mine.

2. I understand Pismo, (actually Oceano Dunes) is the last place in California where you can drive out onto the beach. My kids go to bonfires there all summer. I seldom ever make it past the creek. I like to watch dummies get stuck in the creek when the tide comes in. They think they can do what the big boys are out there doing just because their Jeep Grand Cherokee is 4 wheel drive.

3. lol This batch turned out so beautifully Oh man just perfectly ;)

4. I know the creek that you speak of. Devils Slide is about 45-50 miles down the beach. It is pristen down there past the people. Back in 69 we rented a tire groover from a shop and cross grooved our first set of implement tires. This of course was pre paddle tire days. It took all night and wore out about six strong men. They were so drunk they didn't even notice the heat selector dial wasn't on high. lol.

5. #9426 BrassNwood, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2015
    Single digit humidity conditions again.. I hope the 6 small plants in the ice chest did ok over the last 3 days.. Still to wet to jar I didn't have any other options leaving for 3 days..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All the transplants to 8 inch pots did great with the usual explosion in growth the new soil and open space triggers..
    Some of the bigger 3 inch potted plant had the wilts when we got back last night.. This next set is to close on the heels of the prior set.. Scheduling is still problematic with my new layout.. I have a whole tray of Blue Berry that's going to be smack between runs.. As much as I love that strain it's slow and fussy and always out of step with her age mate sisters but I put up with it for her great attributes..
    BNW
    A little disco for your morning wake up.. LMAO.. What's playing in your head at this moment??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up4WjdabA2c

6. Got my security ring completed basically enough to repel your average jerk..now i add exotic cacti in nice pots with color for contrast and a couple of masking odor plnts and solar spots for highlites..its gonna look good in daylight sexy at nite and seriously fuck wit you if you step in there.. security ring finished 005.JPG security ring finished 007.JPG security ring finished 008.JPG

7. I was just thinking.... just one bouncing betty planted in the center would cover that area nicely.

8. Let us decarb some hash
    [​IMG]
    BNW

9. Brass, Im sticking with Kief ....... its simple

10. I tend to use the 2 words interchangeably What I really work with is pure kief.. Hash being the compressed version of it.. That lump is just the play dough consistency it gets a day or 2 after making.. It falls right apart with a bit of poking..

BNW

11. Is that the sawzall hash ?
    will a stocking like leggs or something work for the micron screen?

12. Hello Gents and if hello to any ladies as well. I'm subbing up so I can learn from all of you.
    I live an hour north of 1220, he speaks very highly of you guys.

earl

13. Yes that is Sawzall hash-kief.. I started doing this by hand with nylons and a coffee can but the nylons stretch so much the mesh opens wide enough to admit a ton of green plant material and it really wasn't very good.. The 160 micron mesh bag I cut up changed my kief from dirty green full of bits of bud to golden shake as clean as I could ask for.. I got the bag from the local hydro shop from an open set he'd sold the 220 from already as that was what I'd gone in for.. I'm just as happy with this over all..

BNW

14. Welcome in earl.. 1220s recommendation is good enough for me..
    BNW

15. Finished up the rest of the hash caps I've been making this week.. 60 per pair of dishes and I ran 3 sets this week
    [​IMG]
    The last few plants of the fall run to harvest..
    [​IMG]
    The winter set finishing up in the veg shed.. I'd like to start getting this bunch out in the next few days..
    [​IMG]
    Fall run about half way dry and spending time in the trash can to slow the dry..
    [​IMG]
    With the super dry Santa Ana winds kicking it again the humidity in the general basin was in the mid 20s and single numbers out in the high desert where all this dry air comes from.. The rest of the hanging stuff should be dry enough to bag, tag and can today.. I can't blink or risk trashing my hard work with a moments inattention while drying under conditions like this..
    You can't un-cook a steak and you can't un-dry cannabis..
    You only get one shot at this so it needs to be right the first time.. Do NOT dry below 60% if you want to cure..
    BNW

16. #9439 BrassNwood, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
    A last round of Spinosad while I can still lay them down to get all the undersides before setout for the winter run..
    Cure, Neem and Spin in short order should see this set nice and squeaky clean for flowering..
    [​IMG]
    BNW