So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. "simmering the alcohol/weed mixture creates movement and thus better extraction"

That's a paraphrase from a website, but like you I'm skeptical and won't go that way. How long do you keep it in alcohol? I read everything from 3-4 days to more than a month.

Has anyone done the PsychedelicSam freezer method? After all it's worthy of a 7000 post sticky. It's ready in 3 days!

2. You're not in SoCal? OMG i smell a troll!

JUST KIDDING DAMMIT!

Poke, I'm sure you've been told this a million times, but you are part of a small group of grow sages on GC. Reading your answers in the sick plant forum has taught me a lot. Thanks & good luck in any business adventure. You got quite a supportive fan base here!

3. Oh right on... HSO is a dope ass group of cats I met a couple of them at the cup this year, talk about fiyyyaaaa! !

4. Quick Pics of my superman OG cut.. it's in it's 3rd week of flower.
    Plant has about 6 tops.
    1427853550600.jpg

Closer bud shot
    1427853565389.jpg

MACROZZZ
    1427853733975.jpg 1427853747240.jpg 1427853760440.jpg YUMMMM
    1427853798518.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Lookin bomb up In here as usual.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427858457.606511.jpg
    Platinum GSC is starting to amber.

Fire in the front Jack in the back. Lol
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427858605.208761.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. #7027 v_rude, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
  7. Yes I do, going to try one more thing to see if I can simulate some more growth.

If not going to take the top and let the rest go longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Dropped another net on the Diamond OG... stanky!

Attached Files:

9. Oh yeah.. Bottom shot of the monster.

Attached Files:

10. Blk FT thought you might have been deleted..couldn't find your thread..good to see ya didn't get deleted

11. You too Doc, how ya been boss? Should be up that way soon!

12. things are going well in all stages of my grow..dropped 5 haz c x sks seeds tonite..gotta keep my grow up to capacity..makin kelp tea tonite ..decided to lv out the row 6 this time
    makin tea 005.JPG makin tea 006.JPG makin tea 002.JPG

13. #7035 Kottonmouth Love, Apr 1, 2015
    Hi socal, I was planning on doing a legal outdoor grow this year and am making a trip to home depot today. My questions to anyone who would help me would be, can I grow in the 5 gal buckets or should I look for a bigger pot? I was also going to get dr earths planting mix as  soil and mix it with perlite, is this okay?

I have a few strains to grow and am just looking for suggestions or advice.

Thanks in advance, this means a lot to me. [​IMG]

14. Haha, thank you bro :)

Im in Central Cali but we dont have a thread. So I bounce around. Plus Ive lived in all the areas of Cali so Ive got friends all over and I never fit into a box anyways, know what Im sayin, weird sage guy til I die! :metal:

15. poke, where are you exactly from. What city?

16. #7038 BrassNwood, Apr 1, 2015
      If your using 5 gallon buckets both Lowes and Home Depot have white food grade ones that are a better choice for a couple of reasons.. The food grade plastic is less likely to leach unwanted contaminates that a orange homer bucket might.. Second reason is the white color will absorb less heat then a black or orange one will keeping your roots cooler..
      You might consider making them into homemade SIP (self irrigating planter) as that design seems to work very well here in So Cal.. I'll see if I can dig up some pics..

[​IMG]

20 gallon

[​IMG]

5 gallon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The center wicking cup is slightly taller then the support bottles so it protrudes through the support plate.. Slits cut up the sides of the wicking cup allow water in but limit soil falling into the resivour space..
      Notches cut in the support cups allow good water flow.. Also notch the fill pipe base.. The overflow hole should be just below the support plate to both act as overflow and to vent the air gap.. 

[​IMG]

17. Woke up to these little bastards this morning. Nice shot of bt should do the trick. 2 leaf on 1 plant out of 8 not so bad.

Attached Files:

18. #7040 BrassNwood, Apr 1, 2015
    Weekly spraying should keep the little shitters in check.. Caterpillars really are the worst threat here to outside growing.. I run a bug zapper with the plastic grates cut away so I can brush the dead moths off every morning.. It helps me track just how bad they are from day to day and I'll step up my BT to twice a week if needed..