So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Hey everyone I've been thinking of ways to increase my yield per plant and the best options I came up with was higher quality soil with high food content (of course organic) AACT teas throughout vegetative stage and flower, increase my pot size from 5 to 10 gallon maintaining a 6 week vegetation period before flower.
    I hope this will Increase yield as well as quality.
    I hope someone would be able to help when I ask if making my 10 gallon pots by combining 2 5 gallon pots together would be an issue? I don't have much space in my tent as far as length and width so I have no choice but to go up.
    Would my plants enjoy that space for their roots to grow straight down like that?
    thanks for any help
    I've been working on getting next run running smoothly as I have about an hour a day to tend to 50 + plants
    Thanks!

2. Ended up with 5 1/2 ounces of green crack! And alot of nice trim. All in all I am pleased.

Attached Files:

3. Not much today just took 50 clones
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427693747.181551.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Got a new digital microscope. Check out this photo! 300x zoom 5mp,

Attached Files:

• fff.jpg
      fff.jpg
      File size:
      805.5 KB
      Views:
  5. #6985 Sativa Scotty, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    i hope you never get mites, but if you do... Take a picture!! I'd love to be able to stare into the eyes of those bastards

6. Although the pics have been deleted from the early posts on his thread on another site, the step by step instructions show what needs to be done and imagination or kind words to the Goblin King can fill in the blanks for this technique (SG1's Monster Spinners).  Only improvement I would suggest is scrogging as well.

7. #6987 vdude332, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Will do brotha! I'm lovin this thing. So much fun to get down to a level of life we normally can't see with the naked eye.

8. Someone did that once and it looked very strange. The issue with two pots is that if you have to move one, what do you do to the other? If for some reason the top plant fell off the bottom pot, youd lose half your root mass like that, snaps fingers.

Much better to use a fabric bag. You can find them at the salvation army or used thrift stores for a few nickels. Ive never paid more than 50 cents.

Your other option is a larger pot. The dollar store sells laundry hampers that will work fine to grow cannabis (thank you redbeard)

Consider SSTs (seed sprout teas). This is the fastest way to achieve immense growth that you can almost measure in real time. They can double in size in one day after a nice SST. I use corn kernals, its the cheapest method and is on par with coconut water in terms of cytokinins.

As always you can find all guides necessary on my grow journal on this site. Page one, post 3
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1305106-pokes-perpetual-underground-jungle-15-strains.html?p=20043517

Its typically a header on every page but the site is under construction today.

HTH
    ~ poke

9. Thank you very much sir. I havw been following your journal and I'm loving it. Makes me miss hydro but I can't go back after organics!
    I'll most likely go with tall fabric pots. It seems the cheapest option and most effective.
    I did see how you made one of those teas and will definitely try it out this run.
    How many ssts are applied thru a grow?

10. I love organics but miss hydro too, but i cant go back either :)

I apply an sst every ten days or every other watering. Im glad you are following the journal. Please feel free to chime in any time :)

I use fabric bags and theyre awesome, but instead of LST i top the ladies in fabric, whereas i lst in plastic

11. Anyone want some CRACK?

Attached Files:

12. Thanks for all your input
    I'll chime in when my work hours have slowed and I'm able to relax with the ladies..
    I'm gonna have to go through your journal to see this SST.
    I'm gonna be starting a fresh run with seeds in about a month
    I'll shoot you a link to the journal when I get it sorted
    I'm definitely using the SST for this run and hope to increase my yield with the new soil and teas
    Personally lst is my go to. Scrog is just too cluttered and a pain to handle IMHO

13. I hate scrog, how would it work in this mess of a jungle???
    [​IMG]

Before people apply the screen i always ask them, what happens if the plant in the farthest corner needs a transplant, or gets rootbound?
    Been there, done it, not fun at all :(

Im all about the lst as well :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Growin them funky mamas :metal:
    [​IMG]

Hell yeah bro, feel free to stop by anytime dude. Got the resource center fixed :yay:

And updated with mr silly, brass and loki links :metal:

Mi casa es su casa! :smoke:
    ~ poke

14. Made a few different Shatter Honey oils with my Everclear 151... Pretty damn tasty for home made noobness!!!

I used about a half ounce of shake that cost me $10 and got a BUNCH of shatter. Haven't weighed it, as one tray is still drying, but looks like a couple grams!! I literally did a bunch of 5 second washes with smaller quantities and the quality is much better than one big wash.

Yeah buddy

Attached Files:

15. Thank you! All your plants look amazing and I'm gonna have to start taking notes from you as well. I'll get there in due time and experience

I don't think I'd run a scrog unless I made that switch to hydro again.
    I expect this next run to be much better with all the info mrsilly, ld, jerry, yourself and others journals and posts.
    What size are your pots?

16. Get it! Any remaining residue after you vape?

17. #6997 v_rude, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    I haven't vaped it, I dab it on titanium and quartz banger.. But it melts clean nothing left I used cheesecloth in a metal strainer above a #2 coffee filter and then evap.

The quick washes of five seconds each with smaller batches made really good oil out of crap material I'm impressed.

And really high... lol

18. I feel blessed having Grass City and all of you that have been helping me in my quest for greatness. Never before have I thought that I would have a nice stockpile of quality medicine in march, that realistically could last me the rest of the year with another harvest only a month away. Thanks everyone. Lets celebrate and smoke! Blazing for all of you right now.

Attached Files:

19. #6999 DeathbyDank, Mar 31, 2015
    How did you do your purging?

- A never ending hotbox

20. #7000 mrsilly, Mar 31, 2015
    This community is amazing. So Calers are bomb. There is always more to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum