So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Hmm. I'm curious to see how the garden turns out. Everything is in my bedroom, so not like ima leave the windows open to let the temps drop lol. Haha my lady probably won't appreciate that much. Crossing my fingers gdp still purples up indoors. I'll try my best to keep temps below 80. I'm usually around 2' higher than ambient temperature of the room. Around the day it's around 77 at night about 71. Haha kicking myself missing out on these colors. Wave made a point about color change and the simple beauty of a color changing garden.

•• ••
    -CA Prop215 & SB420 compliant-

SparknOne's NorthCounty SD OD Organic Grow

SparkNOne's Tactically Required Knowledge

• Like Like x 1
  2. #5442 RED BEARD, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
    yes he did, you will see colors youve never imagined, in strains you thought you knew!
    I even got some on my haz-c's...woo hoo!

• Like Like x 1
  3. If the dome lid isn't covered in condensate I'll open and spray it.. Like you I don't mist the plants themselves.. I was taught the plants like it humid but not directly wet.. Just constant low to medium light.. 24-0 is what I've run in the cloner with one exception and that was a partial fail I'll not repeat soon.. I've had some runs and plants take over a month but eventually most all of them do root..
      I'll add that my cloner has a grid in the bottom that keeps the base of the cups out of the water I flood the bottom of the tray with.. Distilled is my choice but that's more to keep the deposits off the tray.. It keeps the humidity high but the wool cubes stay above the waterline..

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. I chopped my two outdr plnts on sun and due to very low humidity...did colander 24 hrs, paper bag 24 hrs..to tupperware..tomorrow it's into jars with humidity pks aftr weigh out..mean while indrs did nute chng on bth chmbrs that are really grwng fast..low humidity?..idk..
    dry ready for jars 002.JPG nute change 001.JPG nute change 003.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dr., those BT sure are reaching and praying nice.   :ey:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thanx SnS..i kicked up the co2 from 1.5 lpm to 2.0 lpm and upped the cal-mag..chngd nutes..gotta start doing IPM as something muched leaf tips

• Like Like x 2
  7. Grats Mr mengle :)

Chef.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #5448 mrsilly, Nov 26, 2014
    Not sure what the question is?

We clone in peat cups or root riots. We clone specifically for soil. Here is the system that we use. After many different attempts this works perfect. (Anyone want to buy a 50 site aero cloner?) Lol........
    1. Take cuttings instantly put in water in a cup labeled with that strain. Continue to take cuts from the different strains put in there own labled cups. (How to cut is a whole different topic) if you would like I will do a tut next time we take clones?
    2. Get a comfortble chair, get out the scalpel make a clean 45 degree cut, dip the end Into clonex then into the cube.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417016243.199279.jpg
    3. Label the cube with the strain name.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417016135.817169.jpg
    4. Line the bottom of the tray with an inch of the smaller pearlite. Pour in enough water to wet.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417015138.829157.jpg
    5. Place tray on top of the pearlite.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417015119.062131.jpg
    6. Cover and wait.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417015163.528557.jpg
    7. We lift up the top tray to check for roots as soon as one is visible they are ready for food. (Soil)
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417015119.062131.jpg
    8. Prepare the cup for TP
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417015774.202015.jpg
    9. Pour Mykos out on the table, make a sparse area.
    10. Spray roots and side of cube with water then lay each side and bottom in the Mykos so it sticks to the cube and the roots.
    11. Mix soil for Cuppies. Pro mix w Mykos 40% 10% Rice Hulls and 50% EWC we have experimented by adding Eco Scraps (thank you Brass). Seems to work fine so you could do 20/30 Eco and EWC. I have found diversity to be good.
    12. If the cube is wet when you put it in the soil DONT WATER it yet. Wait at least a day. Gently water if the cube is a little dry and your off to the races.

Re the water, right out of the faucet. Ya I know!, surprised me too. Love organic soil, no PH required. You can certainly use a de-chlorinator or RO we have, makes no difference either way this works. So far no heating pad required. If it gets to cold we may.......
    Any questions feel free to ask. Hope that answers your question?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417015101.030575.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417015119.062131.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417015138.829157.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417015163.528557.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417015182.094340.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 7
  9. Well done! I love the mykos on the root riot...inoculates the soil in the cup very easily and right where it needs it. Beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thanks mrsilly.. Not much different besides the lack of perlite in mine.. My first successful mass cloning was done on perlite but I've not used it past that initial time.. I just keep a half inch of water in the pan..

• Like Like x 3
  11. Already in the garden working the soil a bit and preparing to upgrade my greenhouse set up. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Excited trading genitics with the Orgnkid this weekend!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  13. I never nd more than 4-5 clones at a time so my little bubbler cloner wrks perfect for me..totally plug n play..when i get roots if i'm doing soil i drp it into a solo cup with soil..if hydro into net bskt with geo rk or it gets neoprene collar and drped into dwc to grow with no medium..no medium and a scrog work very well together but it takes a little nerve the first time..lol!

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm liking the idea of perlite tho, think it'll help keep everything above the water line. I need to get a tray like that tho, i'm using recycled plastic egg containers. Would you guys say anything below 70' would need a heat mat? 

Also MrSilly, even with my efforts to nuke the bastards, fungus gnats are kicking my ass right now lol. Those pest strips you spoke of are can you specify if they're just the sticky fly traps or they actually release some sort of pesticide. I'm curious as to which one is safe to use indoors, the tents are in my bedroom, so I don't exactly want pesticide residue being blown around indoors. Can you perhaps provide links of the products you use, including the dunks?

Its always exciting to trade genetics, I really want you to check out my Chicago Kush cut, I'm excited to hear ya'lls thoughts.

15. #5456 mrsilly, Nov 26, 2014
    Gnatrol mix a tbl spoon in with gallon water in. Forgot.
    Death From Above
    lol the hydro store will have it. I think brass uses mosquito dunks not sure how he does it though. Tried to mix them in water and they stay chunky.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417030067.918188.jpg

I only need a few babies at a time, also. I love these little humidome/tray combos. It came from lowes with a tomato germination kit. Very sturdy and takes up very little space.

• Like Like x 4
  17. #5458 mrsilly, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2014
    Orgnkid originator of OG Kush .....
    After visiting more with him he was responsible for the release of the genetics. Not the originator but one of them.

• Like Like x 2
  18. http://youtu.be/9nBvN7Vy3AA

Interesting adam dunn radio show about the origins if og kush. Starts off kinda weak but once it gets rolling it's full of information. Not sure if this is the true story or not. An interesting listen nonetheless.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mrsilly, thats going to be an epic meet IMO. being able to share knowledge from growers, new and old, thats some passing down knowledge type of shit, shits a tradition if you look at our history. thats how it should be and how it aught to be.

• Like Like x 2