So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Thinner? :confused:

Must be an outdoor thing, so excited to try my luck outside. I figure if it doesn't come out good, I could always make it a hash plant.

2. Would it be cool if I used coco and coco nutes in a container outside?

3. you'll be more than fine,as you can flower 365 d.a.y. in so cal ther is no real frost! If you veg with constant light then put to just daylight hrs they will go into flower mode and as master brass said let them get too 24" and you'll get plenty of meds imho! "So cal rocks"

4. We are pretty much organic round here but i use smart pots and spring pots both are cloth i have run nutes outdoor and was fine aswell so you should be fine

5. So veg till 24" then bloom outdoors??

My Kosher is very lanky and so far has only grown granades but never colas. fenabar grew a clone from me outdoors and it did well in San Diego. Let's see if my green thumb works outside too. I feel like perhaps I should try soil for my first outdoor grow, but I'm comfortable with coco.

6. start with what you know then as your knowledge and confidence grow change it up ? Ive had lanky indoor veggers that filled the F out once hit the yard so i wouldnt worry just make sure you cage or support them in some way imo! I am sharing my experiences with you im not intending to tell you need to do this or that as i am no pro i just know what ive experienced to possibly shed light for you...

7. It's all good bro. I appreciate the info. The world of cannabis botany is so diverse, but most of it points in the same general direction. I usually do scrogs so I may do something like that or a tomato cage. I love how it looks when done

8. Lol in the first picture he posted there's some dude thinning his plants out (taking out bigger fan leaves to allow for more light penetration)
    Was making a joke how he'll appear when you put them outside
    The pesky prayin mantis ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416856501.343889.jpg

-From a small patio in socal

9. Transplanting some babies today

baby white haze.jpg

10. The first plant really took off, its a good 3 footer now and started budding in the last couple weeks. The second plant stopped growing, the hairs are turning orange though, it'll be some nice smoke. Both are smelling so good, trying to keep the smell to a minimum is gonna be difficult.

Attached Files:

11. Still have the tops drying but already trimmed almost 4 zips off those little jacks. Mind blowing smoke. Definitely gonna have my girl test it at her shop. I think it will be mid 20s for sure.

Attached Files:

12. Does anyone have a method to take better shots in my tent while using hps lighting? So sick of the lines already. I should have asked this question years ago.

13. Honestly the best thing I've seen is turn em off for a sec and take a pic with flash >.<

14. red, we were so impressed with your advice on putting some out late that she is going to let me do 10 late girls next year. Hell yeah thanks babe.

15. Bro get any purp strains outside!
    You'll be soooo excited for winter grows every year JUST for the colors

16. what did you think of the wax we made

17. dont wait drop some beans now 12!lol

18. it freezes quite a few days here.

19. I want to move to the coast again after discovering brass' s setup.

20. #5420 Wavy, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
    Looked divine brother!!
    Deffinitely a lil clearer looking than mine!

I let mine sit in the iso too long,
    Didn't have any good pictures of the most recent batch I made, did a 15 second quick wash and evaporated without heat... Was incredible
    Will make another batch soon!:)