So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Doc this particular soil I grabbed out of a plastic ice cream bucket i recycled into a container. Sat outside in the balcony in close proximity to the rest of the garden. Thing is I started re amending (4) 5# smarties and sat em outside to cook. Now I was already planning to hit em with some mosquito dunks to treat for the fungus gnats. I wonder now if that's enough to kill off any other possible pests like mites, etc.

•• ••
    -CA Prop215 & SB420 compliant-

SparknOne's NorthCounty SD OD Organic Grow

SparkNOne's Tactically Required Knowledge

• Like Like x 1
  2. Spark what about watering with spinosad?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Red beard?

Chef.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #5345 RED BEARD, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
    yes sir the one and only...
    Had a blast!

• Like Like x 1
  5. thass what i wuz thinking Red

• Like Like x 1
  6. hopefully Woody will chime in on what kinda worm that is..might be benificial..if not he'll know exactly what to use and do..Death from above!!

7. Comin out to die sounds like

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1

That's gnat larva.  They eat roots and must die.  Use azamax, neem, dunks for the soil drench.

Dunks only kill misquotes and gnat larva

Spinosad must be eaten off the plant.  Then it re-crystallizes in the bugs stomach.  

Bugs must chew or suck the plant to work.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I see!

• Like Like x 1
  11. OMG. Never knew red beard was a girl...my bad.
    Been treating her like a bro, sorry.
    I will be slightly more polite! Lol.

Chef.

• Like Like x 3
  12. im a bro mate, the her he wants buds from was the plant stoner!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Well made some wax(not finished yet) but looking good. 

Purging round 1
    purging.jpg

Outcome 
    wax #4.jpg

Still needs to purge 1 more round but looks great.

• Like Like x 3
  14. lmfao the last few posts gots me rolling.. 

spin thanks for the heads up on em fuckers, good thing I erred on the side of caution and nuked the soil for a minute in the microwave. all went to the surface and shriveled up died. I ended up transplanting today. Hoping to keep em in the solos til they're about 12-14" before flipping, and may or may not take clones after sexing. hoping the cuts I took will be ready by first week of dec to transplant into solos. 
    DSC_0104.JPG DSC_0098.JPG DSC_0107.JPG DSC_0108.JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 4
  15.   Sorry I'm late getting to this.. It's a living organic soil ?? Or was.. LOL.. Spin is right that the BT-I in Mosquito Dunks is very limited in the things it's effective against that being sketer and gnat larva.. Same ingredient in gnatrol and the like..  
      Spinosad is a whole different deal being a contact nerve agent rather then an ingested gut toxin as I read them..
    Following the no-till thread for the last couple of month with open eyes I'll let you know how my own group of no-tills run against the rest of the tilled holes..

• Like Like x 3
  16. I've never had good luck getting cuts from a flowering plant to root.. By the time they are deep enough in flower to show sex they are hard to root and long to recover back to veg.. I've found it's best to take your cuts from a full veg stage plant right before you flip it.. Take the lowest branch or 2 for your cloning stock.. A single leaf and a piece of stem is all you really need.. Take your cuts then flower the donors.. Sort and toss the male cuttings once you know the sexes.. Works best for me anyhow.. BNW

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. Which no till thread are you following? I'm interested in running no till with maybe 10# indoors. Really only concern for me is pests. I see the use of red worms and other beneficial organisms to recycle the soil for me, allowing me to just top dress.

Your mention of spinosad being a contact nerve agent is the reason why I'm doing a spinosad water solution to water the soil. I'll definitely be getting some dunks tomorrow.

What size containers are you using for your no til runs. Please keep me/us posted, I'm really interested in your findings and data.

Also thanks for the tip regarding when to take cuts. I was a little unsure of when I should, but remember now that it's much easier to root cuts prior to flower, it only makes sense to take em before I flip. Over all time is my concern. I want to run my set up as efficiently as possible. I do need to get a bunch of the white labels so I can easily keep track. Goodnight SoCal

•• ••
    -CA Prop215 & SB420 compliant-

SparknOne's NorthCounty SD OD Organic Grow

SparkNOne's Tactically Required Knowledge