So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. sprkn1..
       While I used a hygrometer extensively on my early runs I'm now doing this nearly all by feel except the last few days.. I can just give the buds a gentle squeeze and tell if it needs more time out or some time in.. Sounds like your doing just fine..
      I'll be off to the San Berdo mountains for a couple of days and leaving my grow in Mr. S's very capable hands..

Gave the plants a nice morning spraying with BT.. Even with my weekly spraying I found 2 near inch long caterpillars roaming the tops of Sticky Monkey.. Didn't find any damage so I can only surmise they parachuted in from elsewhere.. I've found them floating in the air tethered to a taller plant by a hair thin strand of silk dozens of feet from the attachment point.. 

• Like Like x 2
  2. the more I tried to screw around with my cure the worse it got. I hang it in my garage in a layered drier till the stems snap. Then I put it in a brown paper bag, and open that up once a day. That takes a few more days, then I pop it into the jars with the bodiva packs. 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Would my buds in the jar always feel crispy, or when they cure they should feel better?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. crispy buds burn too fast and taste like crap. Bovida makes humidity control packs specifically for medical cannabis. They keep the humidity at a perfect 62%. Keeping one of them in my jars has made a huge difference. I even have one in my hash jar that is keeping my hash PERFECT, OMG! I'm so freakin stoned right now from smoking some  :bongin:  :bongin:  :bongin:

It should be spongy, but not moist. Take apart a few cigarettes and get a feel for the moisture content in the tobacco. That's about 70% IIRC, so you want your weed a little bit drier then that. It should pull apart and not crumble. The edge of dankness  :smoking:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Gave my plnts cal-mag and folliar fed epsom..they perked up nicely in two days..dropped my seeds from my haz c x sks cross and tomorrow they go in paprtwl/butterdish..hoping they'll pop..smoking my haz c bud and it's nice and burns great..indoor should be better as i'm going to  take it to amber..still blending my soil for another cycle..between what i'm recycling and what i've had cooking for a mo.i should have enough to do at least 4 sip's for the next crew..going to spray the alley dwn with raid this wk before anything goes in there in two wks..ordering cpt. jack's dead bug brew for the spinosad to spray regulaly now that i've seen what worms can do if given a chance..disgusting!
    drppng seeds 002.JPG drppng seeds 003.JPG drppng seeds 005.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. #3566 Wavy, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    FRESH CIGATETTES! :)

My pack will never be 70%

Maybe 3... 4% LOL
    spends too long in my pocket

Itty Bitty Canna Committee - "OUR CUP RUNNETH OVER"

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just ordered  5 items for the garden chop. Getting ready and prepared.

• Like Like x 3
  8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409579727.115323.jpg
    Absolutely loving growing cucumbers
    Such a fun one.

Smoking the nastiest "house" joint I got for free, i might have to stop early
    It's groooosss ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409579985.648981.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409580021.317097.jpg
    Some real tall wildflowers
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409580117.858614.jpg
    Flowers next to strawberry ? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409580192.348701.jpg
    Strawberry cola

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409580221.702179.jpg
    Gods gift after taking off her main cola which has hung to dry for 3 days and going into a lunchbox ((appropriate volume for one cola))
    To start working that rh

Got boveda a coming probably tomorrow or Tuesday, and my hygrometers not till later September (soonest shipping on the kind I got, amazing deal)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409580344.576625.jpg
    Champagne kush completely hidden
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409580389.098378.jpg
    There she is!! :D ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409580418.635895.jpg

And I'll post some really high res macro shots in a moment when I'm back at be computer.
    Finally got my good camera back from my sister

• Like Like x 6
  9. Macro time

Platinum Bubba
    IMG_4397.JPG

Champagne Kush
    IMG_4441.JPG

God's Gift, on plant
    IMG_4417.JPG
    IMG_4424.JPG
    IMG_4460.JPG

after trim and dry.
    IMG_4474.JPG
    IMG_4476.JPG

Finally some dense nugs, stuff i'm happy to shmoke!

• Like Like x 7
  10. @[member="wavey"] great lookin flowers bro can't wait to harvest my first two of six on Oct 10 ish then two two weeks after then two two weeks later I hope...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Some serious meds right there! I keep getting impressed off this forum. Nice to see some serious grows going down!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  12. Did my weighout this morn of outdr bud..longshot grove 1 plnt seeded bud 32.5gms aprox 1 1/4oz  my cut a little more than 1/2 oz..sally alley 28 gms..1 oz..it'll smoke well as i save hundreds..another harvest of indoor cab in two wks will be dense nugs and the profit/expenses harvest..i get whats left..the last cab will be all personal stash..till the next wave of outdr comes in from both sites again..my site is all clones this go..LG is 3 WF unknowns so we'll see ..all in all the integrated perpetual self sustainable grow as i envisioned is getting there
    germing 001.JPG germing 017.JPG

13. Sampled a little bit off the SLH I chopped 4 days ago. I outside was dry enough to stay lit, with the inside still moist enough where the bud doesn't break up as easily but is starting to get sticky. Shits still doing the job. I've been doing dabs the whole week, today's first day back just on bud. Damn, it kicks more than I thought, a bowl and some scissor hash on top got me feeling good. Honestly can't wait til this is done with the cure and at it's best. It's surprising considering how some of it was seeded, still potent like sensi.

Wave your shits looking tight like always. How's that smoke? Is that your early chopped lady or no?

•• Chicago Original ••
    -CA Prop215 & SB420 compliant-

SparknOne's NorthCounty SD OD Organic Grow

SparkNOne's Tactically Required Knowledge

• Like Like x 2
  14. My seeded bud tastes like crap..very woodish and harsh..it may get better idk..i only want the seeds

• Like Like x 2
  15. Hey everyone just joined the site, sending my greetings to all. I'm in long beach, socal. Just threw some seeds outside yesterday in a little seed starter seeing where they end up. Hope everyone is well! Namaste!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  16. Seeded buds I've harvested were all super nasty... Exactly as you're describing..
    Smoke able but not enjoyable haha

Welcome !!

Hope to hear and see the progress!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thank you!!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Welcome in and Namaste!

• Like Like x 1
  19. That's the later of the two, will break into her probably next week..
    The first one was pretty good, just very airy, gonna pack it with better stuff till my good nugs are ready for smoking

• Like Like x 2

20. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409623959.582222.jpg
    Exactly 4 weeks from pollination, I picked 6 swolen calyx off... 4 mature 2 just starting to turn brown

• Like Like x 2