So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Disaster!! i was burping my jars and it didn't look right..i thought i saw white spot on the bud from the sally alley..i rembeed how a newbie had put his jars up and didn't trim that well or burp ..when he got around to checking mold had run thru all his jars from just a couple of spots..rembering this i dumped it all out on a tray and went thru it all ..sure enough mold was tryin to make a run..i got dwn and trimmed it all out and threw  some out..that cotton ball stuff was some sort of worm thing like Woody talked about..extremely hard to see and buried in the bud..i found 3 of them at the end of retrimming everything..all outta my garden..no problem with the stuff from grow ptnrs it's well seeded and clean..well now i know what to look for..the abscence of anything means something is going on..i think i lucked out with just a slap on the wrist to make me aware that i'd better get on my IPM..not be lulled into being lax cause i'm not seeing anything..this is my personal stash but now i'm worried about cab 1 at day 59 with maybe another 20 days to go..the worm in the bud is disgusting! if i had co2 i would pump it into my jars and kill them all..it could have been much much worse..Jesh reminded me of the newbie that lost his harvest behind rampant mold so i thought to double check..glad i did with my glasses on..lol! thanx Jesh for jogging my memory.. 

2. Doc..
      I've successfully used Green Cure to rinse Powdery Mildew from just manicured buds when I found some during a trimout.. I don't see why you couldn't mix a gallon of Cure up and dunk and agitate a bit then dry well and continue your curing.. Should stop any further mold issues..  Yep wasn't that TJ that lost a good part of his crop to mold?? Come to think on it since it's a harvested plant you can use regular baking soda for that.. The sodium side of the material won't affect dead plant tissue.. LOL

The small cotton ball looking things your finding in the sally alley are likely Black Widow egg sacks.. An adult female can lay 4 to 9 of them per season.. That spot is prime widow territory and I'm not surprised your finding them..
    The web cones folding a leaf up are leaf rollers or another of that ilk..

One of the people I supply my overstock clones to Mr. J brought his 2 plants over for harvesting only to find the smaller riddled with caterpillars to the point it's hardly going to be fit to hash.. And he knew better,, Has BT and a sprayer.. Well hopefully he learned his lesson..

Jesh..
      Sounds like your drying to fast and to deep.. Ignore everything you've read about snapping stems.. That is just way to far gone here in So Cal to be valid.. I just harvested a plant and I'll post daily my method and treatment of it so you can get a better idea of just how I work it..
    [​IMG]

Here she is all trimmed nice and close.. Removed everything down to the buds.. Thanks Mr. S my master trimmer..
    Once you've rolled all the scissor hash off your fingers and hands you can easy clean up is done with...
    http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2020217/21003/Klean-Strip-Denatured-Alcohol-Quart.aspx?keyword=&refcode=10INGOPB&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CLeCy4zjt8ACFSsV7AodCTsALQ
    Denatured Alcohol.. I'll even keep a tall skinny jar of it open on the table to dip scissors in if the plant is extra sticky..
    Home Depot, Lowes, Paint stores.. Hardware, Shouldn't have to look very hard to find it..

3. #3503 mrsilly, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014

If you take a shot glass full of distilled water put it in a zip lock bag careful not to spill. Then place however many Boveda you need to re activate inside with the shot glass then zip it shut. Next morning just like new!

Can't resist the beuatious ness of this shot can't keep this to myself
    [​IMG]

Again
    [​IMG]

Foxtailing
    [​IMG]

4. Man talk about perfect timing, chopped the SLH today can try and follow how you got things running. 

I suppose you take the smaller buds down first? Or do you allow them to hang dry for the same time prior to going into the curing bins?

Got my ladies hanging right now. Its pretty decent inside the room at around 75-78' during the day and as low as 68-70' at night. Fans been running pushing fresh air in and out the room. Figured this will help with any possible mold issues right? and do i dry them more on the line or dry the buds even more inside the bins lined in paper bags? this is what I'm a little bit more curious about. hope ya'll enjoy the video.
    http://youtu.be/wZomH_9egCo

damn those macro shots got me drooling. standing ovation boss.

6. I especially like the tight in shots where the trichomes are packed shoulder to shoulder so close you couldn't get another one in..
    Stand On Zanzibar.. Ok so only a few will get that reference.. LOL

sprkn1..
      I really should make you wait and torture you a tad more.. LOL I'll keep squeezing the Charmin for the next few days mostly testing the smaller popcorn that was low on the branches and is now highest.. It will dry fastest and that is my initial indicator it needs to come down..

7. #3507 mrsilly, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    When it feels a little crunchy. Start bins or jars with hygrometers. Gets to 70% open if it goes above take out of the jar for a few hrs. Below 70% Keep burping or leaving caps off for extended periods until you can stabilize at 63%. Once stable put in your Boveda for long term cure.

Garden looks great!
    Happy Growing Growmie

8. Rock your head old school with one of the best psychedelia bands ever
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUIPfdviVA0

9. One question I see time after time here on the city is when do I take them down. I'm at day 60 which is when some of the seed company's say I can take them. My guess is 7 to 10 more days. If you gents want I can put macros up so you can see? Here is day 60 let me know?

60 days
    Not Ready
    [​IMG]

Not Ready but close
    [​IMG]

Not ready
    [​IMG]

Foxtail not ready
    [​IMG]

Purple bueatiousness not ready
    [​IMG]

Nope
    [​IMG]

Uh uh
    [​IMG]

10. #3511 mrsilly, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    Not even stoned yet! Better fix that.

11. You ask and you shall receive
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409332162.717963.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409332225.921246.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409332262.124569.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409332293.596063.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409332330.699470.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409332366.132844.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409332396.653787.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409332422.437949.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409332440.906038.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409332458.992306.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409332477.060521.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409332521.197606.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409332550.098842.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409332571.500857.jpg
    Lol whoops where did that come from?

Itty Bitty Canna Committee - "OUR CUP RUNNETH OVER"

12. Man I need to get a macro lens for the phone. It'd be tight to get some shots like that.

Speaking of when to chop, what do you think of my way of waiting to see some amber trichs before starting to consider chopping. If space allows I was planning to do that, and to throw in a dark period for 36hr prior to chop.

I saw new pistils and couldn't find any amber trichs after I pulled the SLH out of it's dark period. I'm thinking of doing it like this when time and space allows. GDP most likely going in the closet next week after I let her dry out for the long WE. Going to wait an extra day and let her recover outside, trim any large fan leaves with chop and harvest the following morning.

•• Chicago Original ••
    -CA Prop215 & SB420 compliant-

SparknOne's NorthCounty SD OD Organic Grow

SparkNOne's Tactically Required Knowledge

13. @[member="nccbbsowavy"]  Thanks!!!  :)

14. This is why I read the organic lounge every day.. While some of the science is a bit over my head it does make me work and be constantly on the read... Clackamas coot writes.....  http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1169188-organics-lounge.html/page-849#entry20528865

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    AugustWest

Here's something to consider to increase the production of terpenes, terpenoids and ketones which includes THC...

I'm basing this on the science discussed in these two books:

Salicylic Acid: A Plant Hormone
    \n[​IMG]  Salicylic Acid-A Plant Hormone.pdf   12.4MB   33 downloads
    \nChitin Signaling in Plants: Insights into the Perception of Fungal Pathogens and Rhizobacterial Symbionts
    \n  ChitinSignalinginPlants.pdf   179.15KB   27 downloads
    \nThe gist of it is this: the polysaccharide chitin (a form of glucosamine) in the soil is attacked by bacteria which produces the enzyme chitinase. Chitinase in conjunction with Salicylic acid triggers the plant's Systemic Acquired Resistance (SAR) and Hormonal Acquired Resistance (HAR) along with several other biological processes in the plant.
    \nOne of the expressions of this process is the production of the desired terpenes, terpenoids and ketones and we can do this very easily by applying malted barley grain teas (chitinase and other enzymes) along with aloe vera extracts for its Salicylic acid. 
    \nThere are at least a dozen growers on this board who currently apply this combination and each and everyone can attest to the explosion of 'resin' production in the final weeks of flowering.
    \nHTH

Edited by Clackamas Coot, Today, 11:37 AM.

<div>There are things known and there are things unknown and in between are the doors of perception - Aldous Huxley

</div>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This sounds incredible!!

Do you know how/what measurements these get applied in?

I'm gonna need to pull up a chair in that lounge!

16. Started my morn with a cuppa and some burpage.. day 60 n29 flwr 008.JPG
    Put the clones out  for daily early morn sun aftr nite under ionizer.. day 60 n29 flwr 006.JPG
    Recycled soil and cleaned SIP's.. yrd wrk 001.JPG
    Built the floor up in the sally alley..top of bkt to top of fence is 24''.. sally alley upgrades 001.JPG sally alley upgrades 002.JPG sally alley upgrades 005.JPG
    Pretty sure the garbage truck did this... yrd wrk 005.JPG

17. These are the buds that are in the two jars. Trimmed with shitty fuckin scissors so we tried trimming to our best ability. Ive opened the jars a few times, justbto check the smell. One is smelling a lil better thenother, still like hay.

I plan to buy some stuff very soon before my full garden gets chopped.

I need to get those boveda packs, that microscope, some nice ass trimmers and whatever else im missing.

Attached Files:

18. I'm getting closer to harvest, it's exciting. My girls are looking great. All my hairs remain white, but I'm probably going to cut some kosher kush early. I'm running low and paying for someone else's grow hurts. Lol
    uploadfromtaptalk1409342815730.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1409342830088.jpg

Lookin super tasty fen!! Niiiice fat colas! :D

I feel you on the early cut, i'm running out of the little gods gift I cut barely two weeks back...

Trying to stay out of dispensaries is tough,

Might cut another girl a little early to keep me going.