So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. no spinosad just BT and neem stopped neem when flower started I'm broke now so Iwill treat with my free hhave from my garden till I get paid next Friday then I'll get both azomax and spinosad just to have em both around but my melons are their point of Oregon for sure they are covered in mites and aphids...

2. Fuck sorry to hear that bro. If you was any closer id be over with my sprayer and spinosad whenever you needed. Since the point if origin is from the other plants, I'd suggest spraying those garden plants down with neem. And using the pepper brew you have on your ladies. That lavender oil should be good too, read it breaks down quicker than neem. Your still early, from what I read, a majority of people stopped oil treatments about halfway thru flower. They were also dealing with SM infestation.

•• Chicago Original ••
    -CA Prop215 & SB420 compliant-

SparknOne's NorthCounty SD OD Organic Grow

SparkNOne's Tactically Required Knowledge

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3463 mrsilly, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
    Best to trim right after chop get rid of the chlorophyll makers right away. We trim in the den on a very comfortable couch in front of the TV with everything with in arms reach. We know we are going to be here for a very long time. We like a very neat manicure. This is what we like. This takes 2hrs per plant minimum. I have read to leave the sugar leaves on because they have so many trichomes on them. I have also read that the tips of the sugar leaves are (the part without trichomes) is what makes your smoke harsh. When we trim Sativa this can be very hard to achieve, we just do the best we can with our hands and eyes. I would never use an auto trimmer you would loose so much potency. I have never tried to take wet Trichomes ether though I hear it can be quite effective.
    Here are some pics from last harvest showing off our trimming skills lol!
    [​IMG]

Another Herijuana
    [​IMG]

Full closet
    [​IMG]
    Again full
    [​IMG]

In their cut down shopping bags that fit inside our totes. Pop the lid off keep the hygrometers in each bag. Stir gently as needed delid and relid. Piece of cake, we just put them on our dinning room table take it up for a couple of weeks. But so easy almost foolproof if I dare say. Once they become stable they go in Jars the jars stay on the table for further adjustments as necessary. The totes still breath so there is a slight difference when we put it in the jars at first there can be a jump in the humidity. Just continue popping the tops until stable 63%

Still in the bags took the Hygrometer out to take a shot. We cut the bags about 30%40% down.
    [​IMG]

Final haul in jars in totes. The sip set up empty. This year when we take the new plants will go right in. Same with the outdoor sip they all have hygrometers no Boveda until all of the buds are stable for a least 2 days.

Boveda packs will not cure your bud. It will keep your jars at a consent 63% humidity once you are near the cure range. Do not attempt to use these to cure your bud it will not work! As Brass said! Do not cure your weed below 55% it will stop the cure process and it can not be restarted. You can see the below jar has Boveda and a hygrometer for long term storage. If you get this part right you will be ruined form buying bud at almost any dispensary.
    [​IMG]

Final Haul stabile and ready for a long term cure!
    [​IMG]
    Happy growing Growmies!

Grow medicine not weed.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Hey guys I'm germing seeds right now and am gonna get some earthgro potting soil after work, has anyone used or heard anything about this soil? Its cheap and organic thats all i know. getting this show on the road! I'm planning to put them in the 50%potting soil/50%supersoil mix in about 1.5-2 weeks, it should be a interesting season, trying to have 6 running this time around

Sent from my LT30at using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks MrSil. Appreciate the time and wisdom you're imparting bro. I don't blame you for that little statement. Haha I've made plenty of comments about dispensaries and delivery services that I was unfortunately subjected to. I didn't have a choice in the matter tho, that's why I really can't wait til these girls are done and I have my final product. I'm never stepping foot in a dispensary after this.

The type of stuff I've come across here is horrid especially for the short amount of time I've been here. Tbh I had easy access to top shelf and private reserve quality meds when I lived in Chicago, some cheaper by the gram too. It's ridiculous at what passes for top or premium shelf or PR. I mean how are they going to charge me 55 for an 1/8th and still not give me the best possible. I've tasted horrible drying and curing. I've made those same mistakes in the past. That's why I'm looking closely at what you guys have deemed the best techniques.

•• Chicago Original ••

• Like Like x 4
  6. My hallway pod looks like they need a little something..tonite i'm going to put them overnite in the lndry rm with the light and ionizer on all nite and the open window..in the morn they go out from 7am to noon in indirect light at the same angle as the sally alley to start getting them acclimated..i sprayed them with organicide and i don't think they liked it..i wonder if there's a shelf life on it..i'm thinking it's maybe 3-4 yrs old..maybe i should just use my pyrtium that is new but borderline ovrkill for just maintinance idk..i'll do the lndry rm thing and see how it goes..i know i wouldn't like being stuck in a hot stuffy stairwell with no air but stank lndry odor..i even have a fan i can put out to really make it like the SA tonite..tomorrow i need to get busy recycling the soil and doing clean up..meanwhile i'm checking my colanders every 8 -10 hrs due to the high heat..very tricky to catch the first crunch  and get it in the jar but i'm on it..everytime i wake up i check it..i think by 3-4am tomorrow morn it'll be ready to jar and let the burping begin..i got lots of other pot to smoke so for once i'm going to take my time..i'll be lucky to get an oz when it's done looks like but i learned a lot on how to use the space for the next crew

• Like Like x 1
  7. So what up y'all. Finished the pool area renovations. Been missing hanging with y'all. uploadfromtaptalk1409186321025.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. Just waiting for the GC backyard pool party at Fens! Lol really looks great Fenbar well done!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Three of my plants. Two in which are clones. The other is a seedling. I do not expect them to get big but hopefully the seedling gets bigger than the clones.

Attached Files:

10. Okay, ive started to see a shit load of spider webs at the top of my colas and shit. I havent found any caterpillars at all!!!!! I dont really believe it since last yearni got fucked by them. I have been spraying bt but still havent found any dead ones or alive ones. What ive seen is a shit load of spiders creepin

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spiders are our friends.. You can brush the webs out and see if they get rebuilt over night.. I get jumping spiders mostly.. They don't spin webs but use it more like a bungee cord if they miss the jump.. So you'll find single strands from place to place but not an organized web..
    That's one of the reasons I don't like to use spinosad unless I actually find mites or thrips it's not selective and I have spiders all through the yard..

• Like Like x 4
  12. There really is just a handful of decent dispensaries anymore. None of them are near where I live. The closest decent one is 39 min away. They grow there own onsite. The other is by the airport they grow there own and sell clones. Depending on the time of day 1-3 hrs. Sometimes I will drive my car instead of flying to work to Northern Ca. When I do that I go here for clones.
    [​IMG]

Elemental. In San Jose. Is the other one.

I find these dispensaries to be far better than what we have here in So Ca. Even when there were 100s never found any of this quality. Lots of places to buy weed few to buy Medicine.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Felt my nugs from when they fell sunday night and they feel crisp. About to put them in jars. Ive had one other branch break so im trimkingbut up atm and going to be checkin up on it.

Attached Files:

14. Isnt there a technique where you snap the stem to check if its ready?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Lol. That's exactly it! That and feel the nugs.

•• Chicago Original ••

Never used a hygrometer before going to be doing that from now on as I was advised too. That'll help you during your cure also.

•• Chicago Original ••

• Like Like x 1
  16. If it smells like hay shoulr we remove more fan leaves and put in jar? I have jars atm.

17. I'll have to check em out when I head up north with the old lady on a little vacay trip.

You know what's crazy tho MrSil. Around 08 in Chicago I found a true Cali connect out there. Even though I was paying some premium prices, considering the cost of logistics, it was worth every penny. Cali medical was a legendary type of label when I was in the game back then. Its sad cause when I was here at 21 I worked with street dealers and got quality meds. At the present, can't find it, and if you do it's still a hit or miss with actual quality smoke. Heavy on the pockets too.

•• Chicago Original ••

• Like Like x 3
  18. can we get a recipe?

• Like Like x 2
  19. I know you have the recipe mrsilly! Lol

20. Jesh we prefer a wet trim before cure. I think I get it now.