So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. thanks for that interesting read Brass and for shedding light to the public regarding cannabis's active ingredients.

I've always found this aspect of cannabis the most interesting. its easy to generalize the effects of a high, but such generalizations are still just based off of very specific variables which can almost be infinite in theory. thats why no high is really ever the same and no plant can produce, not even clones, the exact same exact numerical data (maybe i should say growers?/environment?). regardless you get the point, the definition of maturity is really being redefined by our ability to use a lab. scientists both enthusiasts and professionals alike, are now beginning to understand the realistic definition of mature cannabis and its expected effects. like going a little longer and letting them mature, allows certain terpenes to fully develop changing taste, smell and high and vice versa for chopping early. Since THC is produces earlier than CB(d,n,v) then its understandable to have a more head high with earlier chopped bud than one thats matured fully. Less CB content to balance the effects of THC.

• Like Like x 1
  2. honestly i dont think chopping a week or two early will be that bad. Maybe lose a in overall yield, but that should be minute enough to not really matter. at this point your trying to save as much as possible right? 

3. To add even more confusion the different ingredients in weed and the levels of them effect each brain differently though there is a baseline response. Still, brain chemistry differs. One of the main reasons I don't care for smoke reports other than to see what people think for fun. I know that one mans speedy high in another mans couch lock. Still fun to read though.

Itty Bitty Canna Committee - "Our Cup Runneth Over"

• Like Like x 3
  4. I went over to longshot grove and chopped the males..they had jizzed all over the female and it was covered with pollen..the WF seedlings are rockin the mini green hse..they'll go in the now vacant SIP's..root systm looked pretty good on post mortem..

ikea grnhse longshot grove males chopped 005.JPG longshot grove males chopped 008.JPG

jizz me longshot grove males chopped 013.JPG

jizzed! longshot grove males chopped 021.JPG

big balls longshot grove males chopped 016.JPG

roots in sip's longshot grove males chopped 019.JPG longshot grove males chopped 020.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. So the babies all got new 6.5" shoes! into my water only soil...and the yard weeds are still lookin good IMO...

smoke em if you've got em

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oops I did it again...here the XXX pics

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Damn sorry to hear that doc, your plants look healthy at least. Also you could just save em seeds unless the females weren't likely pollinated, in which case that'd be great too.

looking good SF, that XXX is going to be a beastly bushy beauty, hopefully she isnt a paint to spread out, the SLH i have turned out that way, surprisingly since its the indica pheno or maybe not? iono she was a bitch to tie down and lst even with a scrog, just didnt grow well. still got a good amount of tops on her and she's mad tight, but couldnt get her any wider.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gave the flowering ladies some calmag, kelp meal and high dosage of morbloom. The other ladies got the same but with lower amounts of p&k.

Cheese -
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406338023.177947.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406338046.213845.jpg

SLH -
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406338073.431417.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406338102.117258.jpg

Chicago Kush -
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406338132.771415.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406338144.856093.jpg

It's a little hard to see but the CK's trichs are taking on a pinkish hue to em, pretty dope looking.

The other ladies are also underway. Decided to just let them go whenever they decide to. No sense in adding any more light. Smaller I can keep these girls the better, I know I'll have some really good smoke stashed by the end of the year. Only one of the Herijuana is still in veg. The rest of the girls ima start pushing along next week.

I'm wondering if y'all have re-vegged after a harvest. I'm trying to decide what to do with the 4 mothers I have right now. I'll be bringing one of my led lights with me back from Chicago. So with that I can set up a mother and cloning tent. And run em under 16/8. What y'all think and suggest, flower and reveg or throw them under extra light now to get em back to veg.

•• Chicago Original ••
    -CA Prop215 & SB420 compliant-

SparknOne's NorthCounty SD OD Organic Grow

SparkNOne's Tactically Required Knowledge

• Like Like x 1
  9. yes that is right..after everyones input i've decided too harvest 10th ofaugust..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hey guys, is it safe to mix my
    Green cure with a silica foliar feeding? Or should I just keep ERRTHANG separate?

It would be nice to reduce foliar feedings weekly ^.^

Keep me posted

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. #2811 sprkn1, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
    dude, hope it all works out for you and you get a decent harvest in. Being a little over 2 weeks early will affect yield, but you will have some pretty bomb and spacey bud. if you have a loupe, as soon as you start seeing clouds, IMO you can chop at 10-20% amber/cloudy.. that should be you 2 weeks or so early. again gluck bro, hope its the last of your troubles with whatever fucked your grow up.

yeap, your good to mix wave. the only thing i wouldnt mix would be like GC and spinosad together. but i've been doing foliar feeds with the IPM sprays, and MrSilly and Brass actually suggested using silica, im using kelp meal as thats what was available. haha reduction in sprays and water waste was my reasoning too. As much as i like being in the balcony garden, i dont like standing over the plants spraying and watering as it attracts unwanted attention. The less i'm standing in the balcony fiddling with the garden, the less my nosy neighbors will think of anything. haha what smell, you mean that skunk that keeps coming around here? 

brass or someone else might have some more input on whats safe to mix, and i do say that in this sense, not in a let me make a super potent mix of something, lol nope just minimally speaking is all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mix it in it

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah I've gone minimal with all my spraying after my first problems haha

Thanks for the responses guys!
    Got a nice free sample of silica, a phosphorous booster for beginning/end harvest and some natural bug repellent(iffy about trying it) from my hydro shop :) gonna deff use the silica up !!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
  14. Hey wave be careful with that bug repellant. If it's any sort of oil, I'd avoid spraying it on your flowering ladies. Clones and vegging girls are fine, read a lot of bad reviews about oil messing up the taste and smell of the final product because it was used to late during flowering. First week or two I think your good, but after that i'd avoid it altogether. I love getting free samples from my shop. Last time I walked out with a free bag of soil and a box of nutes!!

•• Chicago Original ••
    -CA Prop215 & SB420 compliant-

SparknOne's NorthCounty SD OD Organic Grow

SparkNOne's Tactically Required Knowledge

• Like Like x 2
  15. hey everyone i was wondering where are best places to set up an opp in the IE im relocating from fresno county (banned all growing there and now am looking for places to work in 2015 

16. #2816 mrsilly, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
    Perris

• Like Like x 1
  17. I would be worried about oils binding to the fresh wet trich's but that's just me!?

18. We wouldn't be able to see trichs unless you took a magnifying pic of them. Do you mean flowers or pistils? Just wanna ask because the plant look awesome!

Also we are near each other!

• Like Like x 1
  19. With plant limits I don't like the idea of mothers.. Just ties up a space a flowering plant could occupy.. I like having as many strains as I can..
    Don't like re-vegging.. Doesn't always work and you can lose strains that way.. Makes a messy topped straggly looking plant as well..
    The method I settled on was to veg to 24 inches then a few days before sticking them outside to flower I take the lowest branch or 2 if needed and make clones.. This way your always working with veg stage cuttings and your using the lowest branch and that has the highest level of rooting hormone present.. Your best cloning cuts are from the lowest section of the plants..
    Just what I've found works best for me.. It did require me to figure out cloning and that took a while and more then a few "oh god I've killed them all again" moments.. My 2 cent take on it.. BNW

• Like Like x 3
  20. My indoor this morn
    day 26 flwr day 26 flwr 003.JPG
    veg 5 more days flwr 8-1 day 26 flwr 002.JPG
    sally alley..sip's day 26 flwr 006.JPG day 26 flwr 007.JPG
    air pots got kelp/ewc and it's wrkng day 26 flwr 009.JPG
    Haz C n' Wizards Fire on deck for sally alley longshot grove males chopped 001.JPG

Clone in cloner dropped roots so it'll go in soil and join the others in the window ..i'm done for the day at 10am lights off..only thing to do is run the r/o rig and replinish my jugs..think i earned a cuppa tea and a J..i'm evaluating my budget..food stamp retro worked out to $145 with another $106 next fri putting me waaay ahead and leaving a surplus of $..my grw ptnr came across a couple oz i grew back in 2011 and 2012 i gave her to age and gave them to me so i won't have to buy any for aug leaving more surplus in the budget..after hearing Corey from Bulldog led and the discounted prices i'm thinking this is the time to get one on payday next wk..i will smoke on it

• Like Like x 2