First grow, ensuring I have everything I need help is appreciated.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by emptytester, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Hi, as stated in the title I am currently buying all the necessary equipment needed for my first grow and is as follows currently:

6 Inch Premium Activated Carbon Filter

Mini Microscope Lens for iPhone

10pcs x 44mm mesh net plastic plant pots

290MM SQUARE FLOWER BUCKET POT WITH HOLES 18L X 5 

2 Litres Perlite

Canna Coco Coir 50L

Flairform PH UP & DOWN

Liquid PH Test Kit

3 in 1 PH Tester Soil

Advanced Nutrients PH perfect sensi grow

4xLED Light 130w CFL 2700/6400k Ventilation System Growlight Hydropnics Tent Kit

If I'm missing anything or you have any advice for me i would much appreciate it.

Thanks

2. Seems like you've covered everything. And you're getting some really nice gear too for your first grow, it should be a good one. Where were you gonna be getting your seeds from? Were you gonna start from seeds?

Thanks mate, i was looking to get seeds from Bonza Seeds and trying these babies out or possibly these. I have bought from this company before so i do know they are reliable what do you think ?

4. Well I've never tried autos before, but looking at the 60 day one makes me want to try it out, haha. And the yield for those isn't much lower than the yield for the AK you listed, which isn't bad since the flowering time is obviously shorter. I personally would go for the lemon one out of these two but like I said, I don't have any experience with the autos.

5. looks good cant wait to see it all together and running

6. Not so worried about the yeilds this time around as it will be my first grow, once i gain a bit more experience then ill move up to start using more advanced techniques / higher yields 

7. Thanks! Once all my equipment arrives i'll start my grow and post a journal 

8. Mind sending me a pm or post it in this thread when you start a journal? I would like to see it, seems interesting

Yeah not a problem, most likely will be starting on the 16th i'll start a new thread in the appropriate area and send out PM's to whoever wants to be updated on this progress

10. oh ya man whooooooot cant wait :)  :eek:

11. :bongin:  :smoking: im cool now just smoked a bowl  :smoke:

Hahah, don't worry i've been doing lots of research for the past several months wanting to grow my own bud just for better quality, learning a new skill and not having to fork out money for bud for retarded amounts of money I think once I see my first babies I might cry with joy

13. :cry: im crying now just thinking about your system  :cry:  Beautiful  :bongin:  :smoking:  :smoke: im good another bowl  :hello:

14. If you're looking to do an LED grow, PLEASE do a little LED research. I hate it when people CLAIM LEDs don't work...

2013-12-06_03-11-35_993.jpg

15. Any topics or websites in particular you can forward me too? Looking forward to this grow, need as much information as possible Thanks

16. This was the site that made the biggest difference for me: http://www.superled.net/led-growing-faq.html. I spent long hours researching all the UFOs and such only to find that they didn't truly work.  I finally went with the highly rated California Light Works SolarStorm.  It's well put together and does exactly what it says it does!  The good ones are expensive, but well worth it.

17. [quote name="dawill1967" post="19115389" timestamp="1386379767"]This was the site that made the biggest difference for me: http://www.superled.net/led-growing-faq.html. I spent long hours researching all the UFOs and such only to find that they didn't truly work. I finally went with the highly rated California Light Works SolarStorm. It's well put together and does exactly what it says it does! The good ones are expensive, but well worth it.[/quote]Omg this makes me want to get an LED light so bad.

18. #19 KouchLoch, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
    Little bit concerned now about the ones I have just bought seeing as they don't specify a brand on the listing