Stretching for the first time

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by GreenLotus, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Earlier I stretched my earlobe for the first time, I went from 1.6mm to 3.2mm (later found out that's not the best idea), how long should I wait until I go for 5mm/what steps should I take?

Thanks GC :)

2. best thing would be to take them out, let them heal and then do it the RIGHT way.  you can either do that or wait a good 9 months before going from 3.2mm to 4mm (NOT 5MM!!). stop skipping sizes

3. Never skip. If you were at a 1.6mm before, you should have only went up to a 2. You should take them out and give your ears time to heal again.At that size is easier to use tapers, just make sure they're steel and well lubricated.After I reached 6mm I started taping though. So much less stress on your ear, especially when you get to the bigger jumps. The best thing I can say is take your time. Couple months between each stretch depending on your body and the size of the jump. Don't develop bad habits early.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I was told 2mm (from what seems to be an unreliable source) it the most you should stretch each time, so I thought 1.6mm to 3.2mm wouldn't be bad at all...

Although the good news is there is no pain, they didn't bleed and no swelling, I think I got lucky...although I don't think ill be skipping sizes again, just in case.

5. The jumps are different depending on which size you are stretching to.Just be careful and take your time.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. The steps which had measured out with an very stretchable quality had made it very effective.