Riddle me this GC.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Mayor.Baker, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Why is weed put on earth? What purpose is it here to serve? Everything adapts the way it does to survive, but how does the marijuana plant gain anything from making the predator that eats it only hungrier? That is my biggest thought whenever I am high and it always makes me think. Anyone have an actual answer or theory?

2. Would there still be a reason to live life if you woke up suddenly realizing you no balls or dick? lol That's a riddle not even the wisest of the wise will be able to comprehend. Kinda like saying, can you think of a color you have never seen before?

3. It's here to me high

4. It's here to me high too.

... a better question would be - why was life on earth, and even the earth itself, put into the equation of the cosmos? Merely because of blind and unguided processes.. you need to smoke some strong shit to just believe that. :smoke:

6. I've never seen any animal that consumes wild weed, or any weed for that matter, get hungry.

I've seen dogs refuse to eat, get nauseas and pass out from weed, sleeping all day long.

In the wild, deer avoid the buds in my experience. I've seen them eat the leaves with my own eyes, but they don't like the smell of the bud for some reason. The trichromes aid in the capture of insects. The pollen that gets past the trichromes creates seeds. A single seed can grow into a massive tree.

In my town, they recently cut down a whole field of orange trees, except they weren't orange trees, they were 25 year old marijuana trees. Nothing wild here would touch them. I always thought it was curious that I never saw fruit from the highway!

Another point, if an animal was to eat weed, like a deer for instance, it's not going to walk off all dizzy and confused and be aware that the weed caused the "high" it was experiencing. It may get hungry later, but it's not going to go back and consume more weed to chase the high. That's a human tendency. Also, weeds defense is to make the seed eater high.

Perhaps being high and stumbling around ensures the seeds survival, as it passes through the hosts body and is excreted with feces/fertilizer to help the plant take root eslewhere. It's the same principal as berrys, except berries taste encourages consumption. Something to think about.

Just a highdea

:smoke:

7. Dude^, I would love to see a picture of those trees if u have one...

Lets analyze cannabis' role through theological and philosophical perspectives as well. I personally know individuals whom smoke for religious enlightenment (enlightenment in general) because weed causes synapse patterns in your brain to alternate. So this could be interpreted as an alternate perception. And to strive to attain a more complete knowledge of something, it's best to look at it from every way possible. So, does it seem reasonable to say that weed's purpose is to allow us the opportunity of alternate perception? And for theist, it serves the divine purpose of whatever theology...

8. When an animal eats bud, it's not fully activated like when you smoke it. Same thing would happen if you found a wild plant and ate some of it, you'd barely get high if at all.. Doesn't mean it won't have any medicinal value and animals learn that kind of stuff too.

As for the reason it produces THC, the specifics are still kind of in the air. One theory is that it serves to help protect the plant from UV light. Another is that it's a mild antibiotic/fungal type agent to help keep the plant healthy. Some say it's acts as an insect repellant, but I think the germ killing power is more for smaller critters like bacteria. It's a personal theory of mine that since it's mild and doesn't kill bigger insects, they would visit the plant to get cleaned up so to speak.. Make use of the bud to kill off bacteria on them and in turn pick up some pollen and help spread it. Granted weed is wind pollinated, any evolutionary step up will help and stick around if proves beneficial. It'd be like when sharks make a stop at a cleaning fish "station" and have their pests cleaned off and eaten.. Also relates to my tin foil hatter theory that since we've moved weed indoors for the most part, insects don't have their cleaning stations like they used to and more prone to getting infections and dying.. like our bees. Also, since it is wind pollinated, the resin could of proven useful in catching airborne pollen to ensure reproduction. Personally, I would think it's a combination of all 3. Could of first evolved to help protect from UV radiation or pollen catching and generation after generation evolved to help the plant with another purpose. Could also be because it's here to me high three..

I believed that long before I started smoking.. :smoking:

9. Human selective breeding does wonders.

10. #11 llllllllll, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2013
    there are a lot of flaws in your train of thought.

predators gain nothing from eating weed, unless they are herbivores. Eating weed plants does nothing to get you high.

There are many plants on this planet that give you different effects when you eat,burn, or rub up against them.  Weed is just one of them.

11. #12 Headphones, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2013
    The weed plant has an attractive scent and smell to promote being harvested and carried by it's Flowers so that it is seeded and may reproduce amongst greater areas.  survival amongst plants is not Just to avoid beING eaten But to encourage it.  There's definitely a cool duality Going on there . 

Sorry for sporadic caps locks on my phone at. 

12. [quote name="Mayor.Baker" post="19091246" timestamp="1386046050"]Why is weed put on earth? What purpose is it here to serve? Everything adapts the way it does to survive, but how does the marijuana plant gain anything from making the predator that eats it only hungrier? That is my biggest thought whenever I am high and it always makes me think. Anyone have an actual answer or theory?[/quote] ever lose your phone, bag of bud, lighter or car keys stoned? I think the point would be for them to forget where they found what a awesome treat, ever eat weed? Tastes pretty good, as far as vegi's lolSent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

13. To heal us and give us many resources and make life better in every way lol . Then they put idiots on Earth that ruined it for us.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. The resin glands (the part which contains the cannabinoids, THC, CBD etc) evolved as a deterrent against insects and animals. Cannabis can contains high levels of THC-A and CBD-A (the acid synthase versions of THC and CBD) which is damaging to both plants and animals (hence they are stored in the glands outside of the plant). the effects of this on animals and insects isn't considered a pleasant experience (when we smoke we know what we're getting into animals are just looking for food) and so after eating it once will be unlikely to do it again. The reason Cannabis makes you hungry is because of the distribution of CB1 receptors in the brain, more specifically CB1 receptors found in the hypothalamus. 

15. MJ increasing appetite is just a side effect of the experience, it is in our biological make up for it to have this effect on us. Plants are put on earth to create oxygen as well as to make food. On a spiritual level I believe MJ was put here to increase our awareness.

16. MJ is doing something right.. it's got another species producing more of them every day!

17. [quote name="pokesmot247" post="19094528" timestamp="1386100232"]I've never seen any animal that consumes wild weed, or any weed for that matter, get hungry.I've seen dogs refuse to eat, get nauseas and pass out from weed, sleeping all day long.In the wild, deer avoid the buds in my experience. I've seen them eat the leaves with my own eyes, but they don't like the smell of the bud for some reason. The trichromes aid in the capture of insects. The pollen that gets past the trichromes creates seeds. A single seed can grow into a massive tree.In my town, they recently cut down a whole field of orange trees, except they weren't orange trees, they were 25 year old marijuana trees. Nothing wild here would touch them. I always thought it was curious that I never saw fruit from the highway!Another point, if an animal was to eat weed, like a deer for instance, it's not going to walk off all dizzy and confused and be aware that the weed caused the "high" it was experiencing. It may get hungry later, but it's not going to go back and consume more weed to chase the high. That's a human tendency. Also, weeds defense is to make the seed eater high.Perhaps being high and stumbling around ensures the seeds survival, as it passes through the hosts body and is excreted with feces/fertilizer to help the plant take root eslewhere. It's the same principal as berrys, except berries taste encourages consumption. Something to think about.Just a highdea:smoke:[/quote]Damn. 25 yr old Mary trees. I would've been there like all day. That's heaven Success is gained by those who show up to receive it~~~

18. Here to me high as stated previouslySent from my burner

19. Weed is here.

To prodice oxygen.