HTownz LED Corner

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HTownBudz, Dec 3, 2013.

1. [quote name="Output" post="19090703" timestamp="1386041129"]Hmmm, I was going to try to get six plants under each of my 1200s. Probably in a scrog. What do you think about that? Think one of those lights will cover that much?[/quote]For sure bro, this is the grey area where I am trying to catch up with all the new room. I would say I could do 9 plants easy with some training. I'll get it full don't worry. LOL I have some stretchers in veg right now I think so I'm keeping some reserve area!!

2. I'm really wanting to get a 900 for my veg tent. I just got a UFO light with mainly whites and blues. I want to keep that along with the 900 so I have one I can adjust higher or lower for any particular needs.

I'm wondering what you would use for veg? I'm thinking 6500 K white for the main lights along with some blue. Maybe some red. I don't know. What would you do?

You're saying nine plants under each light?

Do you ever do scrog, or just LST etc.?

4. What would be the screen dimensions?

I was hoping to be able to do 4' x 4' under each light. I'd even settle for 3.5' x 3.5'. :)

6. Of course, LST, topping, I was using a screen in veg awhile back, and might do it again, but no Scrog at the moment. I say 9 plants, but those 9 would have to fit in a 5x5 area. These lights I have are F-ing super bright bro!! I haven't put anything on the outer edges, but I would think these would have plenty of light for 9 3-footers easy. My little cheap light meter Max's out even at like 18"!!

7. Welcome Garr, glad you made it.

8. That sounds fantastic.

So if you had a light dedicated to veg, what spectrum do you think would be the best. Would you use what you have now with your 1200s or would you do something more along the lines of white and blue?

9. White and Blue, maybe a 4000K and a few 450nm. I'm looking into replacing my 400MH pretty soon, maybe with a 700 or 900 custom. I think LEDs with factory specs work great, but I like to research things to much(lol) and the best spectrum is still up for debate, so....I do seem to have good results with cfl's also and they are cost effective for clones and seedlings. Garr used what, 26w to get that little BW to about 3-4 weeks old and she was bushy!!

Not trying to be a critic, but my experience with screens tells me that 6 plants is not a number that will work well with a square screen. You need a number that can be easily arranged in a square area. Picture four plants under a 4x4 or nine. Six, nope. Five will work in a dice pattern. The strain you run will make a difference also.

Yep, but she made me look good. I have done the same thing with other strains and got different results. But yes CFL's are permanent equipment in my room.

12. I'm in bro. Bout to read thru. Can't wait to see what you can do with the led lights!

13. Those BWs grow good with low light, but man you have got to see these colas since I put them under the LEDs. It's crazy man, I wish I had before pictures. Hold on I will snap a BW photo!! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386043952.679884.jpg

14. #34 Output, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013

I've got strains that are very long flower. So nine makes me a little nervous that it would overfill the screen. But I appreciate your suggestion and understand your point. I will probably start enough clones to be able to do that. 

It'll be kind of trial and error for this first one with these lights.

15. LED POV!! Hahahaaaa ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386044434.831384.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. That BW towards the bottom is turning purple!! Hard to tell with the lights, but it looks great up close!!

17. Just read thru man those plants are looking great! I really like the one that's just like spears with a top flowers. Looks cool as hell.

18. [quote name="HTownBudz" post="19090947" timestamp="1386043592"]I think LEDs with factory specs work great, but I like to research things to much(lol)[/quote]No such thing as too much ;) I'm extremely meticulous when it comes to my babies! Your ladies are looking absolutely stunning! Wish we had smellavision already! Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app