Sergeis Homegrown Hangout

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by sergei, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Nugshotsnugshotsnugshotsnugshotsnugshots....ohhh Lawd, is it Friday yet!

Awesome grow man, thanks for the ride!

2. I'll get right on that! Ideally I would like to write up a strain review and smoke report (with budshots) for each strain that I grew, but that would take quite a bit of time, and I still have likely around 2 months of trimming, processing, and extracting ahead of me. I will get to it! Eventually....
    Thank you so much for the positivity Jas, I feed off of it, and it makes me excited for the next grow. I definitely was happy with the results this year, with dozens of half gallon jars full of tasty meds, and a few ounces of extracts to be made, but that leaves me even more excited about everything that I will learn next season. With the mistakes I made and the lessons I have learned over the season, I cant stop thinking about next year. New Strains, new techniques, new methods, and new products.... Things are only going to keep improving on my end, and that currently has me smiling ear to ear! :yay:
    Thanks for sticking it out with me. Really wishing I updated this thread more often. I tried to include as much info as possible in my posts, but I am kicking myself now for not writing anything about this grow until July..... Ugh. Live and learn!
    Thanks again for stopping in Jas!
    Woah man, I think I finally hit baseline from my week of THC induced teleportation, because It's totally Monday now..... What the hell have I done all week??? :smoke:
    Thanks so much for being there for it man! I love having seasoned G's like you along for the ride. Your experience shows! :metal:

And Like I said before... I'm sorry that I suck and have just been trimming and running oil this week, and have not pulled out any nugs from the jars for nug shots, but I'll be sure to get shots of EVERYTHING once they are all dried and ready. I just have wayyyy too much trimming on my hands right now.
    ....That being said I have begun running that Vac Oven I got a couple of months ago, and WOW! I am not an oil guy for the most part, but I see a lot of it going through the hands of friends, and I have to say what I produced my first few runs puts anything I have ever seen around here to shame. No burn in your chest, no headache, no anxiety, just 100% clean extract! I don't know how my friends could settle for anything less!
    I did take pictures from a couple of the runs we made. Let me know what you all think.

[​IMG]

9.8 gram slab from a full nug run of Paradise Seeds Nebula. Blasted with Newport zero butane, and purged for 48 hours at -29 HG in. of pressure at a temperature of 118 degrees. Just pulled it out of the oven last night, and I'm extremely happy with how this turned out. It is a very stable shatter at room temperature (but not lollipop consistency at all), it smells sweet with fruity undertones, and the taste is incredible. It kept much of the same terpene profile as the buds, because it has that same incredibly smooth fruity inhale with a skunky aftertaste that leaves your mouth watering and your lungs wanting more. This is hands down the most enjoyable extract I have ever had, the high is exactly what I seek out! It is very sativa leaning, with an extremely strong, slightly psychoactive head high that leaves me feeling motivated, creative, and social. This is also coupled with an extremely relaxing body high that leaves you feeling loose but in no way couch locked. The come down will make the user feel relaxed, but not sedated.
    This oil has made me reconsider dabbing as an appropriate form of medicating. Maybe I've always just been dabbing the wrong strains at the wrong time? :confused_2:

[​IMG]

This was the first batch I ever ran through the Vac oven... My Female Seeds Purple Maroc Absolute Shatter 10 gram slab. Blasted around 3 oz of product, then winterized it in pure grain alcohol. Left it in the freezer for 48 hours, then removed the lipids and cooked off the alcohol at 115 degrees, loaded her on to parchment paper and purged her at 115 degrees and -29 HG in. of pressure for 48 hours. She came out amazingly clear and stable. I could hold her with warm hands and she would not melt to my fingers, even though it was still malleable at room temp. She smelled pretty sweet and funky, and was smooth as hell on the exhale. The flavor was a real pleasant sweet taste which all of my friends absolutely loved. The high was a real nice clear headed head high that left me stoned but not too couch locked until about 2 hours in, then it would get real sedative on the come down.The winterizing process cut back our yield a bit, but I totally recommend it, it makes such a clean end product!

Thanks in advance for the feedback guys! :hello:

3. Wow serg. Forgive me for my stonedness. But did you move out west or you still upstate?Happy Halloween! !

Man that's a nice looking piece of candy

5. #165 sergei, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2014
    Not yet out west! Still rocking it in the northeast for one more year here, but looking to move out west by next November, Happy Halloween, and happy almost thanksgiving at this rate...  :smoking:  :hide: 
    Sorry for the huge delay in my replies. believe it or not I am still very deep into my trimming game, and have not been on my computer much. Decided to go on a couple of weeks ago and whammo! my computer was completely bogged down with viruses and malware. Not sure what that was all about but, I'm still working on getting it all fixed up, and until then I wont be able to give the updates I want to. Really looking forward to showing off all of this year's product. I'm very proud of the quality we pulled.

Hahaha thanks OP! Tastes alright too! Lots of Limonene and Pinene  :yummy:

6. All good things in all good time....

7. This year was great, but the future is looking even better!  :metal:

8. suppose to be warmer then average for the northeast next year,how's  that kosher tangie? 

9. Thats what I like to hear! It looks like waters in the Eastern Pacific are warming up, and getting us ready for an El Nino pattern, so I would say your predictions are accurate. I'm only growing one last season outdoors here in the North Country before packing everything up and heading out West. If I can be gifted with one more beautiful grow season? I will be ecstatic. 
    I tell you what man, that Kosher Tangie is bomb. I totally recommend it. Expect some pictures and a detailed review in the coming weeks!

10. #170 sergei, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
    Speaking of heading out West... Are any of my homies going to be in Denver over New Years? Making the 45 hour trip out west to see Bassnectar and Grizmatik at Decadence. I'd love to meet up with some of you blades and get Rockie Mountain high. :smoke:

11. I was out west in in puna hawaii for a month and at stayed at my boys in lake county this past summer.I had a ball in both places but the one negative thing is they got everybody any their mother in the grow game which has prices all fucked up....sure you can fuck with people the long way.but for me id rather wait for thing's to get legal around yonder if the bill for d.c passes this year i might be able to get a piece of property to rent,plus with so many state's going legal the dea will be forced to change there classification but its not like they dont want to any way lol uncle sam loves his mother fuckin tax's,They recently changed the fee to denounce your citizenship from like 200 to 2,400$ last year i think if that dont pucker up one's brown eye i dont no what will,if anything ill be saving up to move to costa rica on down the road.but yeah homie ill have to fuck that kosher tangie and good luck with your endeavors out west.

12. Fucking right Coshese! Costa Rica is where you want to be. I went there probably 10 or 12 years ago now and I had a blast! It is so beautiful there, and everyone is so damn friendly. I remember there being a lot of Rastas on the Caribbean coast, so I imagine that it is pretty green friendly there too. 
    Honestly I agree with your approach of staying put. My move to Colorado is not supposed to be a permanent one. My goal is to move to CO, better learn the legal industry, hopefully get a job in the medical cannabis field for a couple years, and then bring what I learn back to the Northeast, when better laws are passed. I feel like all of the people in the MMJ field have migrated west, so when it becomes legal here there will be a high demand for growers and dispensary operators. Ideally I would like to open a medical collective with a few local grow bro's for patients by patients in a few years. I know every stoner says that they want to work in the industry, but I am actually quite driven to do so, and I have invested a lot into taking this path in life.  We'll see where I am in 4 years lol
    :smoke: 

13. #173 PerpetualBliss, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    yahhh mayne i could only fuckin wish....until then,there real big on sustainable farming in C.R and that what i would like to create for myself someday.here 2 pic's from hawaii [​IMG] [​IMG] 

14. love the maroc and purple maroc from female seeds also you should give their nevilles haze a try
    it is a favorite of many of my friends
    peace

15. Got the og kush from dinafem as well as Hella freebies from the November promo... Louis 14 og :yum:

16. Those Maroc strains are real showstoppers! I have to say I am real excited to do a little breeding with their Purple maroc next grow season. My homie got 10 regular landrace ketama seeds from World of Seeds, we're going to get them going over winter, take the best male and grow him out for pollen. Next summer I will take pollen from that male ketama and cross it with a black purps pheno Purple Maroc for the ultimate Ketama plant..... Maroc 2.0. Hardy, vigorous, resistant, high yielding, potent, and with a touch of color to boot. Plus that old world ketama flavor that can be found nowhere else. Stay tuned! ;)
    I'll have to look more into that Nevilles Haze at a later time. Sadly I don't have a very good indoor grow set up for flowering plants in my new home, and I know for a fact she would need to be kicking it all the way into November to ripen up in my climate...  :unsure: 
    I grew their fast nevilles 2 or 3 seasons ago, and she didnt show sex at all until the end of August. Unfortunately I had to junk her.

Hell yeah man! Thats what you want! You are going to love her!..... In fact I think I may just have to pack up a bowl of her real quick here! :smoke: 
    I REALLY hope I get to try that Louis XIII OG! I gifted my friend the two seeds I had of it to run indoors under the condition that I got clones for next season.... Unfortunately he has been having security issues with his grow though, so I have no idea what I may or may not get out of the deal. I'd be really sad if I never get to try that strain, it looked pretty awesome!

So this morning my friend accoused me of being an "Overtrimmer"..... I had no idea that was even a thing? lol :smoking: 
    So on that note? Still trimming.... easily gone through 10 P's and not close to done yet lmao. Thank you mother nature for the incredible season. :hello:

17. Ever think of making female seeds
    Or are you a traditional breeder
    I myself made some female seeds myself this past summer

18. Happy new year serg! Always a bigger and better season

19. #179 sergei, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2015
    Thanks ET! Better yet, Happy meteorological Spring! It has been one hell of a harsh winter up North this season. We had multiple days where temperatures dipped below -20 degrees, coupled with tons of snow. It was kind of outrageous. That being said, temps are finally supposed to make it into the 40's for the first time since December, and they may actually inch a bit closer to 50 around mid week! We're still a ways away from planting season here at the sugarhole, but it looks like things are finally moving in the right direction.
    I've got grand plans in store for this season. New genetics, new methods, and new plots. I cant wait to get seeds in the ground!!!

Nice man! I've thought about it for a while, but to be honest I like the idea of making regular seeds much more, because it allows you to selectively breed, and then back cross them to a much better, more stable nearly homogenous phenotype.
    This also allows me to take a desirable male from one strain, and the best female of another, and cross them into a strain of my own, something I will likely be doing quite a bit of this season.

As always, I took my winter long hiatus, but I'm back everybody! And back with a vengeance! The 2015 grow season is going to be one for the books! I cant wait to catch up with you all!

20. That's cool thanks for your two cents
    Unfortunately I don't have that freedom
    Every plant counts
    I live with close neighbors and have to try and hide my work
    Maybe soon they will legalize here
    Until then I have to Grow female only seeds
    Peace and good luck this year