Sergeis Homegrown Hangout

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by sergei, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Okay, I figured you all have waited just long enough for this, the Last week of September picture update.

First up as always we have out X-Line C99 outdoor, doing her thing, slowly chugging along. She is starting to show signs that she has switched from pistil growth to bud growth, and the buds are finally swelling a bit and not looking as spindly. Fed her a good bit of Humboldt Honey on Saturday, gunna let Mother Nature take care of the rest! Looking at an October 15th harvest or so.
    I love me some old school sativa smoke, but unfortunately I think this will be the last time I grow Cindy. Her flowering time is slower than I like, and while her buds are rock hard, her production is lower. I'll be enjoying these flowers just that much more after Christmas time.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the other hand, just around the corner we have one of my all time favorites, the Dinafem OG Kush who I plan to grow for years to come. I have come across a few different OG cuts in my day, and this one is hands down my favorite. Her buds are extremely dense and resinous, she grows rather easily and vigorously, is very hearty, has ZERO botrytis or Leaf Septoria problems, and the end product is not a hair short of outstanding. Her absolutely explosive head high is some times too much for me. One or Two tokes from a bowl and I'm toasted, feeling slightly psychedelic..... and thats after Two years of smoking her. She has the slowest tolerance build of any strain I have grown.
    ANYWAYS, on to the plant. She looks so good. Flowers are getting real chunky and are absolutely white with gleaming trichomes. She should be ready around October 10th.

[​IMG]

Here's a close up on one of those side branches. Almost done!!!
    [​IMG]

Through the brush, you can find this monster sticking out like a sore thumb. WWxBB is coming along nicely. Her flower production so far seems to be unmatched, and if the smoke is any good you can better believe she will be grown again next season. Colas are already well formed, rock hard and heavy, but still have some time to mature. While digging around the top buds in search or itis, I noticed that pistils had begun to brown up and recede into the calyxes, but it was still shooting out tons of new flowers. I feel like she COULD be pushed past October 15th, but because of the size and density of her buds I dont want to push my luck with rot, so I will most likely be chopping at least the largest main colas some time around the middle of next week. I see visual changes in new growth every time I see this plant, her vigor and production are outstanding. She is a must have in the cash croppers garden.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just down a hill into the gulley we have our Blue OG. Sadly I miscalculated the angle of light in September, and she is getting robbed two hours of precious sunlight every day thanks to a shade tree a few dozen feet to her south. This made her a little stretchy, but otherwise she is looking pretty good. Flowers are growing nicely, and hopefully we should be able to push her (Weather permitting) to October 15th-20th.

Sadly I only got a close up because the overall lighting on the plant was kinda crappy, and it was impossible to fit it all in the shot. :yay:
    I'd be real excited if we could get this plant to finish on time, I'd really like to have some Blue OG in my head stash.
    [​IMG]

As I stated in my last update, today is the final day for my Easy Sativa. Her buds have really chunked up and begun to sag in the last week or so. The buds feel dense now, but I know they will dry into big sticky spongy nugs. Because of that, she will not be our largest yielder this year, but what she lacked in that she made up for with over all quality. These are the stickiest Easy Sativa nugs I have ever seen in my 5 years growing her. Her colors are fantastic, and she has that classic ES lemon pledge smell. I may actually be excited to smoke this stuff!
    Chopping her down after we defoliate in the field, then bringing her home to dry.
    [​IMG]

A close up of one of those saggy tops. :yummy:

[​IMG]

Last but not last on this update we have the traditionally grown Purple Maroc. We gave her the chop on Saturday night, and she is now hang drying upside down in the barn. She was such a gorgeous plant with huge, dense, sticky purple colas. She actually has an amazing Leaf to Calyx ratio. I'm not even dreading trimming her..... yet. The flowers are so sticky!!! I'll update you all with some pictures of the dried/manicured end product before it goes into jars next week. Stay tuned!!!!

[​IMG]

Purple Maroc is going to be a mainstay in my garden for quite some time, and I don't think I need to explain why... :eek: :yay: :yummy:

[​IMG]

Now, its time for me to get down to business and get my trim game on! I should have the other half of the update up tonight or tomorrow. Catch ya on the flip side!!! :smoke:

2. It all looks so healthy and delicious...just plant after plant of awesome.

3. Damn dude, absolutely beautiful all around :metal:  

4. Really dude how do you not get raped by mold with those rock hard nuggets? is it the staking

5. Thanks Carl! That means a lot to me man. I can't wait to bring them all home! If we can pull this all off it looks like its going to be one hell of a season! How are you feeling buddy? I Heard you had a bug.

End of September update Part 2 (ALL PICTURES WERE TAKEN 7 DAYS AGO! Things are now either chopped or much further along than they just recently were. Sorry for the late update, been balls deep in harvesting, and just began Bassnectar tour for the next few weeks. :metal: )

Blue Widow is finally starting to kick into real flowering. She grows very much so like an indica, and is already starting to get a purple color to the vegetation. Totally dont expect any smokable buds out of her, but just ran the Vac oven for the first time this evening, and I really like it.... looks like in 2-3 weeks we're going to have some awesome Blue Widow oil.

[​IMG]

Here's a close up on one of the side buds.
    [​IMG]

Just around the corner from the blue widow we have the supercropped Pineapple Express. She stayed relatively short and stout in comparison to her mainlined sister, but due to her large crown buds, she should yield pretty nicely. This phenotype would be perfect indoors due to its short stout growth and large buds, but outdoors she just isn't my favorite. The buds look real tasty though, so you wont be hearing me complain!
    Should be harvesting her around October 8-10.
    Didn't get a really good overall shot of her, however I did at least take this shot of her.
    [​IMG]

Just beyond her lies one of my new favorites, the Cali Connection Green Crack. I have heard from lots of growers that they don't like Cali Connect for one reason or another, but in my experience everything that I have run or tried of theirs has been absolutely outstanding. Their green crack is no exception. Just in the past week she has ripened up so nicely, and the end of her flowering cycle is beginning to draw near. Her flowers have grown large, heavy and dense as cement. So far this season she is the frostiest of the bunch, and has incredible bag appeal. Outdoors she produced lime green buds absolutely covered in resin to the point where she is on par with just about anything I have grown indoors, but with a taste that can only be achieved by organic soil and sunlight. really excited for this one. She should be getting the chop Saturday night.
    Here are some close ups...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So much frost!

[​IMG]

Just around the corner from her we have the mainlined Pineapple Express kicking some serious ass and adding on some weight. The buds have really begun to chunk up and frost up even more than before. She has an incredible smell and already has some damn good bag appeal. She should be ready for the chop on Tuesday night, as even more rain is expected to be on the way.
    [​IMG]

The Mainlined Purple Maroc is totally done now, and should be coming down tomorrow. Awesome chunky purple nugs. I Can't wait to chop her down!
    [​IMG]

Last but not least, Outdoor Semi Auto Grapefruit came down on Thursday night, and looks great. The smell on her is really something to write home about.
    Here she was 5 days before harvest.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once again I apologize for the update coming so late! It's been   hectic around here!

6. #146 sergei, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
    Thanks Pot! I am really pleased with how things have gone this year. Other than the one instance of rippers in my back up plot, this season has been nothing but smooth sailing (knocks on wood), and what a season it has been!!!

Well ET, don't get me wrong Botrytis happens, we still lose some of our yield to mold, but for a number of reasons it seems to have been kept at bay pretty well this season. The staking and spreading definitely helps the plant to get more sunshine and better airflow, which is a big plus. Also generous lollipopping has seemed to help free up the canopy, so all of that mixed with good genetics and the incredible weather we had this September, mold growth has been kept to a minimum.
    This year was my first year running 100% organic living soil, and I have to say having a healthy microherd in your roots is extremely benificial to your plants. Why? Not only does Mycorrhizae help build much larger healthier root systems, but the benificial bacteria and fungi actually will colonize in your soil and work to out compete foreign pathogens like Leaf Septoria, Botrytis, and root rot.
    All in all the most important thing when it comes to keeping Botrytis out of your garden has to be hygiene.... Now I'm not talking about showering before gowing to your plot, but more about keeping your plants free of all yellowing leaves and dead growth. If I could not have been out there 3 or for days a week every week I would likely have a lot more problems with mold. If it's yellow of has any kind of leaf spot, yank it! You'll thank me later!
    While we are on the topic of hygiene, I may as well state this.... The cleaner your plot is, the healthier the environment your plants live in. Once you are done removing leaves, don't just let them sit around your plant spreading fungal spores and diseased to your plant. Mold generally only grows on sick or dead plant cells, so if there is nothing for it to colonize on, it should keep the spread to a minimum.

7. your hard work has payed off, the plants are perfection!

great location with good air flow and sunshine makes all the difference.

crazy you get 25% humidity in your barn.  here it stays 85% in the barn.  oh well.

8. Feeling better man, thanks.

You reckon your blue widow just doesn't have enough time to finish? Shit, I'm a week out from harvesting and already took inventory of next years possibilities and I've got a BW I was thinking about running, femmed from dinafem. First frost around Oct 20 here.

Lovely garden you've got there, really just beautiful work and pictures!

Have a great day.

9. Great job Serg you deserve it. I can tell your plants love you. :smoking:

10. Thanks OrganicN40! Honestly the work load has been pretty manageable until now. Just took down 7 girls last week alone and have been trimming non stop all day every day ever since. Not even 1/8 of the way through this project. Mother of god.
    Its probably all where our barns are located. Mine bakes in the sun all day, so the 25% humidity did not surprise me too much. Really makes for a perfect drying area though. Thanks again for stopping by and dropping the kind words :)

Glad to hear things are well for ya CB.
    Honestly the plant just didn't impress me. There are a lot of incredible genetics out on the market today, and I just felt like the BW was not at the top of the list. I would personally chose something else, but then again I am just a single grower who ran a single seed, my word should not carry that much weight. Maybe I just got a "meh" phenotype from the bunch.
    If I was you I would look into their OG Kush, it is absolutely outstanding.

Thank you for the love man! I am just so happy that almost everything thus far has harvested on time, and mold issues while present have been much less than years past. I too am already itching to pop more beans for next season, but first I should get to some trimming if I plan on finishing before May... :smoking: :ph34r:
    Have a good one, Thanks again for stopping by!

Thanks ET! My success is only due to gracious amounts of sunlight, good genetics, 100% organics, lots of love...... and years of failure.
    But I wouldn't have it any other way! :hello:  Happy harvest season buddy!

Just an update for everyone, been chopping and trimming all week, and then..... there were 4.
    Only OG Kush, C99. Blue OG, and Blue Widow remain out in the plot. OG Kush should be coming down tomorrow, C99 will not be far behind her, and the Blue OG and BW are just going to be pushed as far as the frosty nights will let us. So far so good! What a fucking season!!!!!

11. Well, I kind of failed with documenting most of the plants before their demise, so my apologies, but I did get a couple of shots last week.
    Here's the C99 outdoor, finally looking gorgeous, really swelling up and frosting up nicely. She should get the chop in the next 5 days or so. (Pics taken October 5th)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a close up of that OG, reaaaaaaaalllll sticky and rock hard.
    [​IMG]

White Widow Big Bud on Harvest day :yummy:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Sergei, did you grow that OG Kush bud from seed?  If so, Who is the breeder and what's the name of the strain?  Dayum that's awesome

13. Of course! Unfortunately due to my location I do not have the luxury of working with clones, so everything I grow is from seed.
    She is the Dinafem OG Kush. I really wish I could get Reg's of her to do some crossing, but as for now I have no problem going back to get another pack of seeds and supporting the breeders business. Provide genetics like that and I'll be sure to return!  :smoking:

Chopped the OG and C99 last night and they look fantastic. Started with 28 girls this season, and we're now down to two! LETS DO THIS!!! :yay: :metal:

14. It has been in the mid to upper 70's and sunny the past few days, summer's last hurrah before old man winter takes over for 6 months....
    Blue OG should be coming down this evening ahead of a few days of heavy rain, and the Blue widow should be pushed until Sunday, but we will be forced to chop her then, because forecast low temperatures are expected to be on a steady decline, dropping below freezing for quite a few days into next week.
    Everything else is now either hanging on the lines to dry or in the middle of the slow arduous process of trimming and jarring. With only myself and my lady behind the fiskars, this harvest has been an incredible work load. Like working 2 full time jobs kind of work load....and I'd say we're less than 1/8 done. Only the Easy Sativa and my first harvest Purple Maroc have been completely jarred thus far. Starting to realize that if I ever want to operate on this scale again I'll have to invest in a trim pro... :confused_2: :rolleyes:
    Even though this part of the process is quite frustrating, I have to say I am quite pleased with everything we have done this season. A couple of strains really surprised me, and the classics just seem to keep improving every year.

The C99 is a greasy bitch! She was not very branchy, but the couple dozen or so branches we did get off of her grew into very large tightly stacked colas. The buds are quite dense and heavy, with some minor foxtailing likely caused by a light frost or the cold night temps at the end of her life. She is still hanging in the dry room for 4-5 more days, but I'm actually excited to see her all trimmed up and looking pretty. The smell on this one is so unique to this strain. It has an extremely sweet mango odor. It doesn't even smell like ganja, more like fresh fruit. Cant wait to taste her, as I'm starting to run low on last year's batch. :smoke:

The OG Kush I'm pretty sure is the easy favorite this season. She was almost completely mold free (have found one dime size area of rot in the entire harvest!), fought off bugs, Leaf Septoria, grew vigorously, yielded generously, and the resin content of the buds is unmatched. This is a must grow for anybody who likes a kush that packs a potent punch! True connoisseur quality bud. I have to pick up another 5 pack just to have these genetics on hand.

The White Widow x Big Bud really impressed me as well. I grew her indoors this season and she was the least impressive of the strains I ran, not so outdoors.... This gal belongs under the sun!   :hippie:  I wont say how much she yielded, even once jarred and stored for the winter for security reasons, but I will say this. She was a cash croppers wet dream. With minimal training this plant produced tons of huge main colas that dried quite dense and heavy. Average bud size was above average, and finished coated in resin. Totally deserves the white widow name. Buds are a frosty white, and covered in tan pistils with a sweet earthy smell.
    Can't wait to run her next year in more medium, started a month earlier indoors, and mainlined..... I need some kleenex :hide: :laughing:

The Indica Pheno Purple Maroc we harvested in August with mold issues had a lot of potential, and would have been great in an indoor garden. Even with a premature harvest she produced real chunky/spongy flowers dripping with resin. This pheno has a lot of potential as a hash maker, blasted a half gallon jar full of chopped up flowers and yielded over 20 grams of gorgeous amber de-waxed shatter (yes that was AFTER removing a few grams of lipids through winterization).

Easy Sativa actually really surprised me this season. I swore I would never grow it again, but something keeps bringing me back, and I think I found it this year. The buds actually finished quite dense and look incredibly frosty. She yielded extremely well for such a small plant, surprisingly blew my 8 oz predictions out of the water. She smells quite sweet, and has real nice bag appeal after a good trim. I may actually be forced to grow her again next season....

The two later finishing PM's look phenomenal. She is a real feast or the eyes, loaded with purple and orange. If she smokes as good as she looks, I think I'll be in for a treat this winter. Both girls yielded pretty well, but it was obvious to me that this plant benefits from being mainlined. Between her looks, finish time, and yield she is a must have for any outdoor grower, especially those with more challenging climates.

Both of the Pineapple Express's finished into beauties. The resin content on these ladies is ridiculous! They truly look like they were rolled in pulverized glass. Buds are really dense and sticky, and have that classic pineapple funk that this strain is known for. Incredible yields with this one, and surprisingly only a little mold in her chunkiest couple of colas. She is a fantastic plant to grow, allowing beginners a good first result, and the old G's can expect harvests over 1 pound per well trained plant. While she was one of my best this season, I'm starting to get pineappled out 3 seasons of successful Pineapple Express harvests leaves me not craving her smoke yet, this will likely change after a good trim and jar.

The Cali Connect Green Crack was also a definite keeper. She formed a bunch of rock hard "cookie" nugs absolutely white with trichomes and a spunky funk that roundhouse kicks you in the face upon the first sniff. She is some of the prettiest bud from this outdoor season. My girlfriend told me she could not get over how much it looked like hydro. :hello:
    She stayed relatively mold free thanks to her small tight nugs and open structure, and if she smokes anywhere near as good as she looks, I'd be pleased to grow her again outdoors.

The Outdoor Semi-Automatic Grapefruit was one of my favorites in veg for her extremely vigorous branchy growth, but as soon as she switched into flower she slowed vertical growth greatly, which I found unusual. Her flowers turned out frosty and orange, but I made the mistake of bagging them up while they still had too much moisture, which really fucked up the integrity of trichomes on the outside which disappoints me, because she looked incredible during dry. lots of nice tight dense nugs on this one, and with a real grapefruit aroma. Even though she had the most disappointing looking end product and is proving to be a pain in the ass to trim..... I really look forward to giving her a ripppp in a few months!

Hope you all are having a good week, and a happy harvest. Don't put your scissors down just yet! I could use some help over here! :laughing:

15. Awesome thread. *mind blown*

16. Thanks Wayne! Sorry I have kinda let things slide with it lately, I've just been so focused on the harvest that I keep forgetting to update... :rolleyes:

As I stated in the last update, Blue OG came down last night and is hanging upside down on fishing line.

And then there was one..... :yay:

17. looks like you ended with a nice harvest Sergie, how are your hands holding up to all that trimming

18. Haha if I said I wasn't bored of it by now I'd be lying.... I'm only about 10% done with the trimming and I've been at it steadily since the beginning of September.... :bolt:
    But yeah maj, over all this year was a dream season. It is the first time in my life where I have had more meds than I ever knew what to do with, but you wont hear me complaining! Thanks for stopping in buddy.

19. #159 sergei, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
    That's it boys and girls! 2014 is officially in the books! This morning Blue Widow got the chop, and was transported out of the plot. We still have weeks of trimming ahead of us, but it is a huge weight off of my shoulders to have everything home safe.
    Hell.... this Blue Widow looks over the top frosty! What a surprise Easter egg she is!

Anyone here like bud shots? I think I may take some nugs out to be photographed today. Would anyone be interested in seeing that sort of thing?

20. #160 jas43, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
    More nug porn?
    Absolutely

And Thanks for an epic thread for us to follow!

Your girls were gorgeous.
    I did a lot of reminiscing in here :)

I'm definitely looking forward to your next operation.