Sergeis Homegrown Hangout

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by sergei, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Doing good man! Been real busy with work this summer, but things are coming to a close. Come on out west brotha there's plenty of room for ya

2. #122 Euphoric Toker, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
    oops

Attached Files:

3. I didn't keep a journal this year but I am growing and things are winding down. I harvested about half my girls since I had super sensitive strains excluding a couple late bloomers. Crappy phone pic but this is today's harvest(it's really purple but a rainy day outside). The other is a dried nugget from last week's harvest

4. #124 sergei, Sep 18, 2014
    Glad to hear things are going well. Being busy ain't all bad, it keeps my mind off things.... like botrytis, rippers, killing frosts, and the LEO... :wacko: :bolt:
    Actually should be headed out for the Cup in April. Going to take some time to meet some grow bro's, talk to some dispensaries, check out some grows, look at property, and hopefully get my foot in the door somewhere. As of right now my plan is to go to Colorado, learn the industry, and implement that knowledge for when it becomes legal here out East. however, I have a feeling that once I go out there I'll never return!

WOOHOO! That looks prime man! What did you run this year, and what was your favorite? I'm looking for a few more sensitive strains, because my Purple Maroc was the only strain I have that will finish before the last week of September. What was that stuff in the last pic? it looked frosty as heck!
    Glad to see you have had yourself a pretty successful season so far. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes without a hitch this season for ya!

UPDATE.
    There are frost advisories in my county tonight, but they are forecasting it to stay in the upper thirties over night into tomorrow morning. My instincts are telling me to stay up all night and make sure everything is covered in frost blankets, but my experience is telling me to let the girls sit this one out.
    I personally don't think there will be a killing frost tonight, but is it worth it to take that chance?

After tonight, the weather is looking like smooth sailing until the end of the month. :smoke:

[​IMG]

5. #125 Euphoric Toker, Sep 18, 2014
    I wouldn't woray about a night of frost. I grew 4 strains:fast freeze, kc33, bluebonic x guerilla gold #3, and mighty Durban x guerilla mass. I want to say it's kc33.

6. #126 sergei, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    All of the OG's on here have been telling me to grow KC33 for years now! You'll have to let me know how it all turned out for you.
    Thanks for the info! I guess it is really all dependent on the strain as to how frost resistant it is, for instance I lost a Pineapple express to frost last year, where as the Super Lemon haze was fine and survived another later frost as well. Woke up this morning and it was 39 degrees out, chilly, but there was no frost on the roof or grass, I think we made out just fine!

Heading out to the plot right now to do some staking up, because colas are getting fat and it is pretty breezy out. Already lost 3 colas on the mainlined Purple Maroc, and would really like that to never happen again...  :rolleyes: :smoke:

I'll be sure to take pics of everything today, so expect a picture update either today or tomorrow!

7. End of the 3rd week of September update Pt. 1

Well, its the end of the third week of September, and things are starting to get real fun now. Everybody is busting out flowers and making a race for the finish line. Our earliest harvesting plants (PM, ES) should get the chop in 7-10 days, and our latest (Blue OG, C99) will be pushed as long as Mother Nature will let us. Currently looking to push them well until the second week of October.

Speaking of C99, here she is in all of her glory! She seems to be flowering painfully slow in comparison to her Indica counterparts, but she is still pushing forward, producing new pistils and loading on the resin. Going to give her a feeding of Growilla bloom after the weekend, along with a top dressing of earthworm castings, just to help her with flowering. As I said before, looking to push her into the beginning of October, ideally around the 10th of the month.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Found this little dude hunting for bugs on our plant. Always a welcomed sight! :metal:

[​IMG]

Next up, the Dinafem OG Kush is also running a little slower in the flowering department, but she was the same way when I ran her 2 years ago, so it was nothing I didnt expect. Flowers are already hard as rocks, and beginning to get loaded with resin. I cant wait to see how she is going to look in 3 weeks! She has been such a pleasure to grow this season, and so long as she is 100% ripe before the first killing frost she will be run again next year, but this time she will be a fat mainlined girl.

Here's a new angle on her.
    [​IMG]

And here's a close up of those buds, already sparkling with sticky icky goo 3-4 weeks before harvest.

[​IMG]

Just around the corner, tucked away in a thicket of thorns we have the White Widow x Big Bud, still exploding with new flowering growth. I thought she was coming to a close last week, but I guess I was wrong. She is still popping thousands of new white flowers every day, and has yet to really begin budding. The flowers are still nice and fluffy, but they are getting HUGE! As soon as these hairs begin to recede into the buds over the next two weeks, they are going to get obscenely thick and heavy. She is everything a cash cropper could want in a plant!

....I think we're going to need some more stakes...... :bolt: :metal: :yay:
    [​IMG]

Close up of one of the many thick side colas.

[​IMG]

Next on the update we have our G13 Labs Blue OG, and holy hell where did she come from!? Wasn't thinking we would get much of anything from her a couple of weeks ago, and now she is just exploding with flowering growth. If we can push her at least 3 more weeks, I suspect she will go from trash to being one of our biggest producers of headstash... She is now at well over 8 feet tall, and colas are just starting to really fill up. She already has a real nice smell to her, and is just starting to get real sticky. With weather forecast to be nice over the next 10 days, I finally am finding myself real excited for this lovely lady.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Across the meadow a little ways you can find our Easy Sativa bending over like an octopus from the weight she has recently put on. She is now no longer producing any new pistils, and has transferred all of her energy into bud and trichome production. The last few cold nights have really added a bit of color to her. Spent some time today staking up her largest colas, because she is going to get heavy over the next week or so. So far I plan on pushing her at least 10 more days, so the weight adds up, colors deepen, and her funk just gets funkier. She won't be our largest yielder on tap this season, but she will produce some real nice colas which will represent Easy Sativa nicely.

[​IMG]

Here's a close up of one of those quickly ripening flowers.
    [​IMG]

Last up on the first half of this update is going to be the Traditionally grown Purple Maroc. What a freaking beaut. The colors on her are out of this world, like some kind of cosmic purple covered in star dust. She is getting really heavy, and the flowers are now fatter than soda cans all around the plant. She could have benefited from some more training, but all in all I think she is rocking it. She looks like a carbon copy of the PM I grew in the condemned plot, just a whole lot purdier. Going to give her a week to 10 days to ripen up before we seal the deal and pull her!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

:yummy:

Happy weekend Blades!

8. #128 sergei, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
    End of 3rd week of September update Pt. 2.

Starting off this post with the biggest disappointment this season. Dinafem's Blue Widow. Yep. Still disappointing.

[​IMG]"

The Pineapple Express's this season on the contrary have been a real pleasure to work with. This monstercropped one is struggling with Leaf spot a little, so we have been trying to keep up with removing dying leaves before it spreads too badly. We also took the time to spread the canopy out a little bit, hoping that those inner nooks and crannies will now get better airflow and sunlight. Buds are really beginning to swell nicely. Looking at a first week of October harvest.

[​IMG]
    Pushing out some beautiful pink pistils. Her pistil growth has begun to slow, and she seems to now be in the middle of bud production.
    [​IMG]

Next up we have the Cali Connection Green Crack doing her thing. She is still having some yellowing issues which I'm afraid may impede photosynthesis/bud growth a little bit, but other than a slightly lower yield than I expected out of her, everything looks fine. Flowers are growing nicely, and should be ready in another 2 weeks, 3 tops.
    [​IMG]

Buds are beginning to stack into nicely formed colas.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately when I rounded the corner in my plot I saw that tragedy struck, just as I had a feeling it would. The mainlined purple maroc really took a beating in yesterdays early morning breeze. A bunch of her largest colas broke off from the main stem. It was a hard lesson, but a good one to learn. 1) ALWAYS stake up EVERY main branch when mainlining. The ones that were staked up all remained intact. 2) ALWAYS stake up the heavy colas on any trained Purple Maroc. For some reason it seems like the non trained marocs develop real strong woody stems which can hold the heavy weight of the buds, but as soon as the grower really fucks with topping, LSTing, supercropping, or mainlining (basically anything that manipulates the plant into being more branchy) the branches seem to grow thinner and the flowers remain just as heavy. It is the recipe for disaster. I lost a LOT of main branches on a Purple Maroc I supercropped last season, and this year I have lost more than half off of my mainline. Luckily the buds are mature enough that they can all be salvaged, but it pains me to see premature harvests. Especially her, she was looking so good! It's all good though. The buds were all intact and not wet or muddy, so now they are out hang drying. All of the other branches were reinforced with bamboo, and will be left to ripen up another 10 days to 2 weeks.

Painful lessons learned. Definitely looking into using some form of trellis system next season.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Mainlined Pineapple express took much better to the training, even though the PM really benefited from it. Her thick woody growth, and vigorous regrowth made her the perfect candidate to the mainlining process. She is just bossing it out right now, and is really packing on some weight. She has probably about 2 weeks left to go, and already has incredible crystal coverage.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last but not least in this plot we have our Outdoor Semi-Auto Grapefruit, fattening up nicely. Buds look really nice already, and are becoming real greasy to the touch. Real distinct grapefruit/ lemon/ citrus smell to this one.
    Looking at 2 weeks tops left on her. Flowers are getting fat, pistils are receding, and trichomes are 60% cloudy, 40% clear. Leaves are beginning to drop fast on her, and we have no intention of giving her any more N before harvest. The way I see it, this will just help us with the trim!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have kinda been terrible about updating for the other plot, but there's really not a whole lot to be said about that plot.
    The outdoor grapefruit is still struggling, but is still somehow growing flowers. Although the yield will be drastically reduced from the root rot issues, she is still developing some real nice trichomes, and will definitely be blasted into a little slab of oil.
    The Pineapple Express is battling Leaf Septoria real hard, and I have been bad about keeping up with it. She has been loosing a disgusting amount of leaves, but I think I should still be able to push her harvest another week and a half to two weeks to ensure a mature harvest. I only plan on keeping the tops to clean up and jar, but the few ounces of flowers affected by Leaf Septoria I plan on taking home, removing most of the fans and dead growth, and also blasting.
    She is frosty as all get out and coming along nicely.
    [​IMG]

The bottom 1/8 of the Purple Maroc I left on the branch has matured real nicely into some gorgeous purple gems and small colas. It's not much but it sure is pretty! Still have an ounce or two to bring home. I will probably do that tonight or tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Happy weekend blades!

9. Hey Sergei, sorry to hear about the mainlined PM. Next year put 4 stackes and put a trellis acrossed it to the stackes about half way through veg and one more time about 2 weeks in to flower. That should help the hole plant to move as one in the wind.

I learnd my lesson the hard way and split one of my plant right down the middle of the main stems. I was able to pull in back together and it did finish but hurt over all yeild.

You should look into some of the strains from Canada for out door growers, they have a very small grow season up there and they should work well where you are at.

And every thing is looking great and is starting to really swell up pritty nice.

10. You are fucking killin it Sergei!!!

11. #131 sergei, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
    It happens honestly... I can't say you didn't warn me! I just procrastinated a day too late, colas got heavy and I paid the price. Like I said though, at least it was all mature enough to be salvaged. I'll have to try that method. I was thinking of doing something similar with Chicken wire, just feeding the tops through the wire and using it as a trellis. The way I see it, it protects from deer when they are little as well as holding up branches in the autumn. I'll have to figure out how I will mainline through it, but I don't see that being much of an issue.
    Are you refering to Dr. Greenthumb seeds? If so I have looked into him for quite some time now and have been debating picking some seeds off of him. I've had some pretty good luck with Dutch genetics finishing early, but as far as overall quality it seems that Cali genetics have reigned superior. I'm all stocked up for next season already, but I would really like to look into new breeders and gear if I stay in the Great White North.

As of right now, what I plan on doing is running 2-3 dozen autoflowers, to ensure that harvest before choppers, rippers, and killing frosts, plus a couple full season early finishers along with the rest of my strains just in case. Our average frost in my area is ~September 20th which makes my strain choices a bit more limited, but I work with what I'm given.

Thanks again for stopping by Maj. I hope everything is growing above and beyond expectations for you this season!
    Thanks Ozzie! Lord knows I wont rest until that last nug is safely in jars. It's going to be a looooong October, but I am so ready!

12. Some real ass-kicking grows in GC this year bro, but gotta say yours is at the top of the list.  Better get some mineral spirits to clean those scissors between colas bro, your gonna need it! lol

13. awesome grow spot you have found.  

all your plants look fantastic.  my purple plants finished in August this year, so they never really developed the colors fully since it was not cold enough.

have fun manicuring!  

14. Awww Shucks Pork! That means a hell of a lot coming from you buddy. As I said before I have put my blood, sweat, and tears into this season, I have remained kind to the earth, not leaving trash on the land and switching to all organic. I'm a firm believer that you get back what you put in when it comes to cannabis cultivation. Be kind to your girls and they will be kind to you! Right now is the worst time for me anxiety wise, but once I get those colas off to their final home I will finally feel accomplished.
    Mineral Spirits?! Hell, I just scrape it off with a razorblade, press it into a patty and smoke it like bubble! :yummy:
    Thanks again for all of the kind words man, it is much appreciated!

"Have fun manicuring!" What is that? Some kind of sick joke?! :laughing: :smoke:
    I'm still working on trimming and jarring my first Purple Maroc that I harvested a couple of weeks ago. I'm really not looking forward to dealing with 12x that in the coming weeks.....

Thanks man! The grow is in a really strange location this year. It is right outside a suburban neighborhood on an abandoned apple orchard that flooded many years ago and is now surrounded by swampland. The thorns and swampland keep people out, but its close proximity to people gives it that "hidden right under their noses" feel. So far the deer cams have only gotten exactly that.... deer!

Your crop looked really nice this year. What did you think of those red purps? I'm a huge fan of Purple Maroc, but I'm always looking to try new early harvesting guerrilla strains.
    Thanks for stopping in man! Always good to see you around the city.

15. Yep Sergei, lots of folks forget about the final step in the grow...cleanup...leave things like you found em. It's all part of sustainability...and it may just keep you out of the hoosegow!

16. In my opinion that is one of the most important steps in an outdoor grow, the clean up. It's the scumbags who leave their trash out who give us responsible growers a bad name. They need to remember that without a healthy mother earth, they can have nothing.

Woke up this morning to a very thick blanket of fog, and some heavy morning dew. Going to head to both spots to shake dry the babes and maybe even spray them down with a touch of baking soda. I'll come back with my 4th Week of September update either later today or tomorrow.
    Hope everybody is well as always, and is reaping bountiful harvests! :)

17. #137 sergei, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    Today is a bad day to be me. Somebody went into my condemned plot LITERALLY last night and took my plants. The oz or so left on the PM was stripped off. The pineapple express and Grapefruit were both uprooted. Cant seem to go a single season without being ripped off, but oh well, that's all a part of the game I guess... :(

18. That blows dude.
    We used to camp out at our plots the week or two before harvest.
    But that became too risky after a while.

19. Its all a part of the game man. I grow as many plants as I do so that I can prepare for losses both at the hands of man and mold.
    I see a lot of guys on the West Coast doing that with their plants, and while it sounds like a good idea, I think that out here on the East Coast, camping out at my plot would only attract attention to it, and make the likelihood of me getting nabbed much higher.
    luckily for me, things still look immaculate at the main plot as of yesterday, and the harvesting process is about to begin! I couldn't be more psyched!

20. #140 sergei, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
    Well blades, I felt like the last person in the city to bring my bounty home, but finally harvest season is now well underway for me. Went on a night mission to the plot to chop down the traditionally grown PM Saturday night. She is now completely removed of fan leaves, hanging upside down in my dry barn. 25% humidity, 50 degrees, and total darkness. She should be done drying in approximately 7-10 days.

Heading back to the plot tonight to take down our lil Easy Sativa bush. She could have been ready on Saturday, but we figured the extra 2 days couldn't hurt the density any. Anybody who has grown ES knows she produces huge thick buds, but they aren't the densest.

From there? Things really get rolling. Outdoor Semi-Auto Grapefruit should be coming down on Wednesday or Thursday, along with her mainlined Purple Maroc sister. After the weekend? Both of the Pineapple Express's should be coming down and hauled away from the plot, along with the WWxBB, and in about 10 days? OG kush should be coming down. In 15? Cindy 99 and Blue OG.

...Preparing my Fiskars now!
    :eek: :yay: :metal:

Here's a sneak peak of that Purple Maroc that came down a couple of nights ago...
    [​IMG]
    I love those Autumn colors! :yummy: