Sergeis Homegrown Hangout

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by sergei, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Looking good Sergei, that Purple Maroc is going to be a beast. Looks alot like the one I ran 3 years ago.

2. Im digging that Purple Maroc too. Nice and big, early finisher too. 

Fingers crossed we have a warm september up north and can avoid the mold.

3. The one I ran finished third week of September.

4. Hell yeah man, I have been running the Purple Maroc for I think 5 seasons now, and she is a real keeper. Very strong, vigorous, large yielder, and actually surprisingly high quality for such an early finisher. Thanks for stopping by and bringing the positivity with you! After that 2 week rainy period, the past few days have actually been extremely nice..... Crossing my fingers man!
    [​IMG]
    Right on! I have seen a bit of variation between phenotypes and harvest dates, but the one I have running now should ripen up at around September 15th, and reach optimum color and ripeness (weather permitting) around September 25th. I have another 3 Marocs in my other outdoor garden doing quite well. One is the Semi Automatic Indica heavy pheno, already very well into flowering. Looking at a September 1st harvest on her, and the other two appear to be the sativa dominant Landrace Ketama Pheno with the leggier Christmas Tree structure and later harvest (looking at September 25- October 5th). One of those girls we mainlined, and it took real well to it. I'm extremely excited to share those ladies with y'all.

Chopped some heads today. Things are looking good for the most part, but unfortunately finding some Botrytis in the largest colas..... Really kicking myself now for not having more fans in the room, but live and learn! I'll just have to cut out the rot and whip up some oil.... poor me ;)

Hope everybody is doing well out there.
    Have some THSeeds Sage N' Sour!
    [​IMG]

5. Those colours are beautiful!

6. Dunno how I missed this sergei, good to see ya around

That PMaroc is killer, gonna be some huge buds for sure!

7. #67 sergei, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    Thanks man! We try to really flush all of the nitrogen out of the plant during the last 2 weeks of its life. This generally makes the plant turn crazy hues of red, purple and gold depending on the strain, and it also seems to boost trichome production during that last couple of weeks when flushed with diluted blackstrap molasses.

ThePot! Good to see you again buddy! I'm really glad you found my journal once again. Happy to have you along for the ride!
    Sorry I had been absent for quite some time... I work 5-6 days a week, have 3 gardens to tend to, and have a lady at home to please.... but I think I should be around for the rest of the season for sure. I like a lot of folks over on this site.

Thanks for the kind words about my PM! She is a keeper for sure! Check out these shots I took 3 days ago, back when skies were blue and sun was shining....... Seen just under 4 inches of rain since Tuesday here, and still rainy today. Getting quite discouraged.
    Oh well! Picture time!
    [​IMG]

Top canopy standing tall.
    [​IMG]

Absolutely love that last shot.... When I see stuff like that on my garden visits it is hard for me to get upset.

Heading back out today to shake dry some ladies and check for botrytis. I should be bringing my camera today, so expect some shots from the other plot. Peace GC! Much love!

8. Aweosome man thats a SOG

9. Thanks buddy! So glad to have you back on board!

***WARNING MASSIVE PICTURE UPDATE!!!***
    Sorry for all of you Internet explorer users out there, but I figured I'd give you all a sneak peek at this summer's REAL grow! 12 girls, all in 20 gallon smart Pots filled with an all organic supersoil, and fueled by Growilla Veg/bud. Each plant has been trained with various methods (from mainlining to monstercropping, to completely natural).
    I'll give more details later, but I'm pretty stoned :smoke:
    Unfortunately my camera died about half way through yesterday's visit, so I never got shots of my Cali Connect Green Crack, My FMS Outdoor Grapefruit, or the G13 Blue OG, but I think this is everybody else out in the sugar hole...
    First up we have the Female Seeds X-Line Outdoor Cindy 99, and what a beastly little Sativa she is! She is standing just shy of eight feet tall currently, and at only a week and a half of flowering she is really starting to tower tall and fill in. Grew her last season and she did extremely well, and yielded a over 3/4 LB of heady smoke. I expect us to likely double that this season! :ey:
    [​IMG]

Next up we have the FMS WWxBB Towering tall. Other than a bit of topping and supercropping she was left to grow pretty naturally. Her short internode lengths combined with her gigantic Sativa structure should ensure a good yield come the first week of October. Current height: 7-8 feet. 1.5-2 weeks into flowering....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next is one of my personal favorite strains of all time (and still the most potent smoke to fill my lungs and melt my brain to date), My Dinafem OG Kush. She was growing kind of slow for the first couple of months of her life, but in the past month or so she has completely exploded with vegetative growth in all directions, and so long as she finishes on time I would not be surprised to see her be one of my highest yielders..... and I could not be happier! She was monstercropped throughout her life and is filling out nicely.
    [​IMG]

Here is that Indica Dominant pheno of Purple Maroc that I was talking about. I think she would be awesome indoors for her compact and even structure with the quick and heavy yields, but outdoors in my climate, this pheno is complete shit. Too tight to get any air flow and finishes in the most humid time of the year. Always had issues with this phenotype, and this year is no different. I expect to lose at least 50% to mold. Absolutely nauseating.
    (On a side note, this plant was knocked over in a wind storm 2 months ago and lost the top 1/2 of the plant. It flowered 2 weeks later, and boom, this little runt is what she turned into.)

[​IMG]

Easy Sativa by Female Seeds. Just like it says on the package "so easy". Looks like she will yield in the 3/4 to 1 Lb. range if It is anything like the Easy's I have run in the past. Not personally that fond of the smoke, but she takes well to the cool humid climate and yields nicely. A guerrilla's best friend for sure. She is maybe 6 feet tall but has a bunch of awesome Colas in the making. Later finishing of the 2 phenotypes I have encountered, but she should be ready and purple as all get out by the last week of September.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have 5 more girls to show off, but like I said, I'm pretty medicated and getting sleepy. I think I will save the rest for after work tomorrow.
    Enjoy everybody! The best is yet to come! :hello: :metal: :yay:

10. In continuation to the last update two nights ago I have five more girls to show you this afternoon, two of which are real favorites of mine! :love:

First up is our Purple Maroc that we decided to grow almost completely naturally, minus a single top about a month and a half ago. She was planted really late in the first week of June, but she has since recovered quite nicely. She is very tall at about 9 feet (note the 6 foot stake in the picture for reference) and has a super classic Christmas tree structure. It is the latest of the 3 phenotypes, but should yield a heavy load come the last week of September. Colas are already forming quite nicely! She is going to need to be staked up and have her canopy spread soon, because with how fast her flowers are growing only 2 weeks in, I see her getting fat... quick.
    [​IMG]

This is our mainlined Dinafem Blue Widow in all of her glory. She took very well to the training and grew into an extremely even indica bush. Sadly she just started popping flowers, so it is looking like unless she is truly a 45 day flowerer she will not finish on time. Going to push her as long as the weather will allow for us to do and just hope for the best out of her but I'd be surprised as all get out if she ripens on time. Worst case scenario we'll have some Blue Widow Ice wax waiting for us in October. :smoking:

[​IMG]

Next up we have our Indica dominant G13 Pineapple Express. This pheno would be amazing indoors because of how short and squat she grew throughout veg and stretch. She is loaded with budsites too. Sadly I fear that she will have some issues getting good air flow in that canopy. We'll just have to lollipop and spread as the stretch continues. 
    [​IMG]

This is where things get interesting.....
    Just next to the last pineapple express which was mostly untrained (Just some topping and supercropping) we have the mother of all plants, yet another Pineapple express that was properly mainlined with 32 top colas. We grew the two next to each other as an experiment to see how well mainlining works, and to be honest I was a big naysayer against the mainline process all summer. The idea of stressing a plant and stunting its growth for so long really turned me off from the idea, but about a month ago just before the start of flowering this plant exploded into an absolute monster, and easily doubled, then tripled the volume of her lightly trained sister. This monster is now about 7 feet tall and 12 feet wide. It is like something straight out of Humboldt county.... This girl is already a monster and is just beginning her stretch. Cant wait to see her come October first. She will be a bread winner for sure.

[​IMG]

Last but certainly not least is my mainlined Purple Maroc. This one was really stunted from the process, and again I really did not like how she looked until about a month ago, but now that she is growing into herself she is a new favorite. This is the best mainline of the 3 girls we trained, and the plant is really loving it. Tons of huge colas and plenty of space for airflow. Needless to say I'll be mainlining almost ALL of my ladies in the future. COWABUNGA! C'mon September!!!!

[​IMG]

I still have 3 ladies that managed to evade my camera, but expect to see them in all their glory by the weeks end.
    The weather has been hot, sunny, and dry here FINALLY. I could not be happier! Glad summer finally decided to show up. :smoke:

Hope all is well with y'all. Let me know what you think. Enjoy!!!

11. Damn Sergei them girls look great. I really like the look of the Blue widow and the last Purple Maroc. Just watch that first split on the PM if she get heavy enough she might split down the middle.

12. Thanks Brothaman! That means a lot coming from you. I have to say this year has been a serious undertaking, and a ton of work but let me tell you something. All of that hard work is going to make the Ganja that much sweeter come harvest, and I have to say I am proud of my work this season. And all thanks to what I have learned from my fellow G's in the city like yourself. :metal:
    Real glad you're liking the look of things. I never thought of the plant splitting before, it's happened to me more than once indoors, and I feel like with a bit heavier weight and some wind that could totally happen...... Trellis netting? More stakes?
    I'm headed to the hydro store soon here to get 75 6 foot bamboo stakes. Time to spread some legs, and show the ladies a thing or two about bondage. :yay:

13. Bahaha that thing is a fucking beast segei! How'd you get her to split so perfectly at the bottom?

14. #74 sergei, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
    Thanks man!!! She was  a super runty looking thing like 3 weeks ago, and now look at her!
    I'm going to put this super basically, but basically I mainlined that and 2 other plants. What is mainlining you ask? Well I'm far from an expert, but basically you let the plant grow naturally for a couple of weeks until about the 3rd or fourth node, then you top it, and remove all growth sites but the two at the top. Then you let the plant recover for a week or so, until the two top budsites grow strong again, then you split them, and LST them in opposite directions. Once that is done you let phototropism take over and the two LST'd branches will bend and grow upwards in a "U" shape. You let the lady get back on her feet and grow a couple nodes on each of the two branches then top her again. After she recovers from the top you should now have 4 main budsites. Everything else on the plant is trimmed back except for those top 4 growths (as to send all of the energy to those tops), and they are soon LST'd in opposite directions and topped again. The grower will continue this process until they reach their desired number of top colas. Basically what mainlining does is exponentially raise your number of top colas, and remove all of the popcorn. This will in essence raise your yield and the quality and size of your end product. Also with all of the LSTing that is done, the plant is forced to spread into a wide open canopy, promoting even growth, more available sunlight, and much better airflow in the plant.

I was a big naysayer at first because it really stunted growth for the first two months of their life, but seeing them now at the end of August.... I have to say I am a huge fan of the process.

Here's a link for you if I did not explain it well enough. I highly recommend you try it.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/main-lining-technique-nugbuckets

Just a little glimpse of what I am working on today.... Remember that Sage N' Sour I showed you all last week? Well here she is all dried and manicured and ready for the jar! Got about a QP jarred currently, a couple ounces left to trim and another ounce or two of little nugs left maturing on the plant. Cut out all water and had the lights off for the past 3 days. I'd say its chop time tonight!
    Really loving the look of these nugs. A perfect blend of green, gold, purple and fiery orange all covered in a blanket of frost. And if she smokes as good as she smells, well I'd guess we're in for a real treat!
    [​IMG]

15. Visited the condemned plot today, and I'm both pleased with some things and discouraged with others.

My Purple Maroc is really chugging along nicely at this point. I noticed that some of the pistils (probably 10%) were turning orange, the buds were certainly loving the sunlight this week and have begun to fatten up noticeably over the past few days. The tip tops of the buds have already begun to show a beautiful pastel violet color, and some of the leaves are starting to purple as well. The final hint she gave me that things are quickly coming to a close, was the new layer of frost that has certainly become apparent as of late. It shouldn't be long now.... Despite having some minor issues with leaf septoria and tiny spots of botrytis spawned from dead leaves affected by the LSF (which have been carefully removed from the plant and moved out of the plot) she is in pretty damn healthy condition and is really beginning to pack on the weight. My current plan is to try and boost microbes in the soil by topdressing with great white roots, and continuing with orca, hoping that will beat the invading fungi. I will also begin feeding nothing but Orca and blackstrap molasses for the rest of her life cycle. The molasses really helps the plant with essential oil production, feeding during the "bulking" period, and actually helps to feed the microbes and hopefully maintain a healthy strong microherd in the roots.
    The nights are getting chilly here, and at this rate *bud rot permitting* I plan to harvest in two weeks or so. Really looking forward to a mid September harvest of some good heady sativa! :smoke:

As for the Pineapple Express, she is showing some really nice flower growth in the past week. The small buds are starting to grow together into tight white colas. Trichome production has really stepped up too which is real nice, but I see some things that really concern me. Leaf Septoria has really begun to spread to quite a few of the leaves. From a close distance the plant appears dark green and extremely healthy, but up close it has quite a few leaves developing the disease. This leaves me in a predicament.... Do I remove ALL of the affected leaves (~40%) in hopes that it will slow the spread of the disease? Do I spray her down with a good dose of neem oil even though that the water on the dense buds could lead to botrytis? Do I just kinda leave her be and let the disease advance only removing the extremely sick leaves, even though knowing the sick leaves are dropping spores to other leaves by the minute????
    I'm not 100% sure yet, but as of right now I plan on waking up early tomorrow, shaking the dew off of the girls and going to work. I'll probably remove the most affected leaves on the pineapple, cut back the surrounding vegetation, spread the canopy with Bamboo stakes, and lollipop any growth that does not get very much light. I'm hoping this gives her a little more light and airflow, and will help her fight the fungus.

The Outdoor Grapefruit is still looking funny. Leaves are very droopy, and she is not really growing much... My guess is root rot, so I am letting her keep drying out a little more between waterings, and hoping she recovers. She has shown quite a bit of improvements, but she is still kinda droopy and her flower growth is quite stunted........ to the hash pile she goes! :confused_2:

Anyways, I hope you all have had a good Friday night! Peace Y'all!

16. If it were me Segei I would put two stakes on each side. One on each main shoot on the far out side to hold most of the weight and two close to the split. And if you can trellis the plant two that would be the best way to go, but some times a trellis really stands out so your call on that.

17. Good call man. I'm headed to that plot today to do a bit of staking up and lollipopping, so I'll definitely make sure that the mainlined PM is well supported. Each individual cola is supported, however that alone may not be enough in a couple of weeks here.
    I'll bring my camera today and try to document their growth for y'all.
    Anyways here is a quick lil shot of the Purple Maroc in my condemmed spot. Flowers are beginning to ripen very nicely.
    [​IMG]

(Note that isn't fall foliage in the background.... not yet at least. Thats just various forms of leaf spot fungus killing off the native vegetation.....)

18. #78 sergei, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    Just figured I'd drop by and show you all 2 or the 3 gal's who were not pictured in last update...
    Here is the FMS Outdoor Semi Auto Grapefruit. So far she has been a real nice performer. Very nice even growth, and now she is really packing on the flowers. Only real complaint I could see would be the amount of leaves she produced, but we're shaving her legs nicely tomorrow, and spreading her canopy a bit to promote airflow. No matter how resistant a plant is, a structure that tight and leafy is just ASKING for Botrytis issues. Feeding her 2 cups of growilla Bud and 1 Cup of Growilla Veg biweekly. Looking to harvest her between the last week in September to October 1st.
    [​IMG]

Next on the list is the Cali Connection Green Crack at about 2 weeks of flowering. She is a very strange structured plant. Grew laterally instead of vertically throughout veg, then suddenly towered upwards like an oldschool sativa as soon as she started flowering. Unfortunately it looks like she is having some kind of issues with nutrient deficiencies/ toxicities or fungal infestations, as leaves are beginning to yellow and curl. Really hoping someone can identify the issue and we can correct it before she loses too many leaves.
    Looking to harvest right at the end of September, and really looking forward to it :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can anyone ID this issue for me? Seeing it on my Green Crack and one of my Pineapple Expresses. Any Ideas?
    Thanks in advance! I hope everybody is having a good labor day weekend!

Been sick with bronchitis the past few days, and have not been able to smoke my meds, which has been making me miserable. Last night I got up the energy to whip up a batch of Coconut oil based tincture. I used about 3 grams of Shatter from my CBD richest strains White Widow Auto and Pandora Auto and cooked it on low with 5 Tbsp. of coconut oil and a touch of lecithin powder. All I gotta say is holy fucking shit. I made this stuff way too potent lol. Ate 1 Teaspoon last night, and about 2 and a half hours after ingesting it I was so stoned that I went green in the face, began sweating profusely, my heart began to pound and the room began to spin. I thought I was going to hurl! After my lady rubbed my back for a while next to the air conditioner I felt much better.
    The high was so strong I could only think of comparing it to feeling like IV morphine. My body felt like it was paralyzed and vibrating from head to toe. That is some serious fucking medicine! Probably the highest I have ever been from a cannabis product in my life. Took half the dose today, and I still feel wrecked. Supposed to go cliff jumping in an hour or so...... yeah right!
    :smoke: :hippie:

19. I love all of it. I'm definitely subbed! Keep it coming! You have me over here drooling! Lol

Sent from my LGL34C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Hell yes Higgy Diggy! Welcome to the show! Thanks for stopping in to check it all out man! I think I'm headed to one of the plots with my ole lady this afternoon, and if I do I'll bring the camera and keep up the pictures for you. :wave:

Had some humidity and heavy rain the past few days here, and I'm afraid to see what all that excess moisture has done to all of the dense chunky nugs on my Purple Maroc. I've been fighting Leaf Septoria on all of the girls at that plot, and have already seen a little bit of rot, so as much as I love the summer weather, all of the humidity that comes with it is certainly not welcome.

Anyone have an ID for that leaf for me? I am not exactly sure what the issue is, so I'm just going to cover my bases and add some Great White roots and Composted earthworm castings as a top dressing. This should hopefully help with any kind of deficiency or fungal problem. We'll see how she goes!