Sergeis Homegrown Hangout

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by sergei, Dec 2, 2013.

1. #42 sergei, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
    Well boys and girls, it's been a while hasn't it? Consider my absence to be a sign to you all of how well things are going for me this year. Unfortunately between 2 Guerrilla grows, and my personal indoor grow I have not had much time to post to the city. Well, now that I have a day off, a joint between my lips and a cold beer in my hands I figured I would post you all an abbreviated update on what is going on 'round these parts, and that being said I would LIKE to try and post here more often. Not only to keep in touch with my favorite blades, and update them with juicy frosty pictures, but also so I can keep my shit in order. We're in the final stretch here, and things are really starting to get good!

This year I decided to do some pretty big things outdoors, between an all organic grow with 11 Photo's and 12 autos in one spot, and a slightly smaller "just in case" grow of 3 Photo's and 6 autos elsewhere. All plants are being grown in a microbially active supersoil (FFOF, Earthworm Castings, Vermiculite, Perlite, Indonesian/ Mexican bat guano, Great White Roots microbes, and the meat behind it all, a fat serving of growilla veg, and even a taste of growilla bud), which has been a great success. Other than being watered with Orca mycos, they are fed 2 cups of Growilla Veg every 2 weeks during the vegetative and beginning of the flowering cycle, then 2 cups of growilla bud every 2 weeks, just a couple of weeks after showing sex, then finishing them off with some Humboldt Honey for resin production and to fuel our micro herd. All photos were planted in 20 gallon smart pots, and the autoflowers in 5 gallon root pots.

Last week marked a serious milestone for me when I chopped the last of my autoflowers. In short, some strains had issues with botrytis, some did not grow to expectations, and some preformed phenomenally. Those who did not grow as planned, stayed short, or had airy flowers were frozen fresh after the chop and used for ice wax :love: Everything else is currently being processed, dried and manicured.
    On the Autoflowering roster we had:
    -Haze 2.0
    -Critical 2.0
    -Moby Dick Auto
    -Amnesia Auto
    -Cheese Auto
    -Northern Light x Big Bud
    -White Widow Auto
    -Pandora auto
    Each strain had its pro's and con's, but in the end the last 3 strains on the list BY FAR outperformed the rest.

*World of Seeds Northern Light x Big Bud Has some incredible bag appeal, producing boat loads of fat, dense, colorful nuggets dripping with resin. Surprisingly, although producing the largest buds this plant also seemed resistant to bugs and fungal infestations. Each plant was a very high yielder that produced a hefty terminal cola with some pretty extensive side branching, all while remaining pretty compact structure wise. One pheno turned completely purple in the last two weeks of it's life. I cant wait to sample the meds in a couple of months, because it looks like indoor quality from an outdoor autoflower. From a grower's stand point I give her an A+
    [​IMG]

* Dinafem White Widow Autoflower. This was my second season running Dinafem's prized WW auto, and each year I seem to fall deeper in love with her genetics. Out of the two phenotypes I have encountered ( Ruderalis pheno, WW dominant pheno), the Indica dominant phenotype heavy with the White Widow genetics still stands out to me as some of the best autoflowering genetics on the market. While the Ruderalis dom pheno produces slightly airier nuggets prone to foxtailing and mold problems, it still produces very heavy yields frosted with resin, making her the perfect hash maker. The indica dominant pheno however is a complete show stopper, which grows into a very uniform plant which yields tons of very tight and frosty buds, easily the best looking autoflower on the market to date. Between the heavy yields, powerful medicinal affect, and absolutely jaw dropping looks, I think it would be safe to say that White Widow Auto will be in my garden for some years to come! :smoke:
    [​IMG][​IMG][/URL]
    ][​IMG]

* Paradise Seeds Pandora Auto. This plant is every guerilla growers dream, producing high yields of tight frosty buds in any condition. these genetics are the best outdoor autoflower on the market to date (that I have seen anyway). The plants are uniform and extremely branchy, likely because they veg about 2 weeks longer than the other autos, really stepping up their yield. This season, all of my pandora's produced no less than 2 ounces each, with one phenotype producing just shy of a QP. While they may not look as frosty as the white widow autos, the compact, dense, golfball sized nuggets do not disappoint. They are quite visually appealing and enjoyable for all five senses, but hold on to your seat, this smoke packs a real sedative punch! Prepare the couch and get your munchies ready, because it's pandora time!!!!
    [​IMG]

Expect a full review of everything at this season's end, but I just figured I'd still fill you all in on what I have discovered through this years trials and tribulations. Got a question about anything I ran? Feel free to ask! When I'm not trimming or watering I'd be more than glad to answer your questions. Next time I will tell you all a bit about the full season's and maybe even give you a sneak peak into my flowering room, as the first plants are scheduled to harvest next week. WOOOO! YAY LIFE!

Missed you all GC, let's keep in touch this time...... :gc_rocks: :hide:

2. #43 sergei, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
    Well I mean, I guess this isn't AutoflowerNetwork, but my Rudie's get no love in the City?!

3. Why is that man your plants look great dude I'm finishing up a gws auto now

4. Love your review mad reps

5. Thanks for the love Daedae! I just remember when these forums used to be popping, and I could never keep up with the replies. Now it seems like there are a lot of growers like myself who are browsers, not posters, which is understandable but kinda sad. I really like to talk ganja with people, and due to my professional life I have to do it here!
    How is that GWS looking man? Feel free to post up some pictures!

[​IMG]
    Until next time, here is a shot of the remaining babes in the emergency garden I nicknamed "Condemned"
    Pictured (from closest to furthest) My FMS Outdoor Semi auto grapefruit, FMS Purple Maroc, and waaaay in the back I have my monstercropped G13 Pineapple Express bushing out nicely. This picture was taken about 2 weeks ago, and I'm about to head back out there to water everything, spreading the canopies, staking them in place, and doing a bit of lollipopping, as they are all beginning to explode with flowers! :yay:

Check back later tonight or tomorrow for an update from that garden.
    Enjoy!

6. Hey Admins! Any Chance I can get this switched over to the Outdoor journals? That's definitely where this thread belongs :)
    Thank you in advance!

7. Those are sweet dude check out my journal
    Buddha auto fem second attempt

8. Outside gws

Attached Files:

9. Badass dude! That looks pretty damn good! Only a couple weeks left I reckon! Where is your journal? I'd love to stop by and say whatuppp whatuppp!

10. looking good dude!

good seeing you around again man.. :)

aw.

11. Aweee man! I missed seeing that Jerry avatar on my page! Thanks for the props man! How are things going for you this year AW?

hey dude..

things are well.. growing pot, enjoying summer.. the usual shit lol.

13. Sounds pretty similar to things here. Lots of guerrilla work occupying my time this season, but hopefully all of thta blood, sweat, and tick bites pay off in sweet, sticky, green gold.
    Thanks again for stopping by man. Always good to see your face in here.

Just a little love from "Condemmed"
    Took this shot last week of my Purple Maroc at about 8.5 feet tall and 2 weeks into flowering. To think that I was going to throw this one away a little over a month ago blows my mind. This plant totally tricked me. When I brought it outside it grew terribly. The plant grew one main stalk that just grew vertically (even after topping and LSTing) with very little side branching. for about a month it followed this pattern and never really did much until late June when the plant completely exploded in veg, and now that she is very well into flower she has huge colas forming stretching up for the sun. Only 2.5 weeks into flowering and she already has incredible pistil production and even a nice frost of trichomes. Come Mid September and she is going to be one hell of a sight :)
    Let me know what you think of that runt! :hello:
    [​IMG]

14. Just a quick update for you all. The weather has been really shitty up here in the great white North. Lots of rain, clouds, cool temperatures and humidity. Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I am afraid that this is just a sign of things to come over the next couple of months. Farmers Almanac, which accurately predicted the late frosts this spring and the cool wet summer, is calling for a cooler wet fall with an earlier than average frost.... long range weather models seem to be in agreement. :unsure:
    Seeing as a few of my ladies (WWxBB, C99, Blue Widow, Blue OG, Green Crack and OG Kush) are just now showing sex, I fear that some of my girls may not finish on time, which would be one hell of a disappointment. On top of that, during yesterday's visit I noticed that my Semi Auto Outdoor Grapefruit was wilting badly and dropping leaves, but the scariest thing...... the root ball was still moist just below the surface. I'm guessing I'm dealing with some kind of root rot? Nutrient lock out? PH problems? Either way I'm not sure if that girl (who was a stunner 2 weeks ago) is going to make it... :cry:
    And just to rub some dirt in it, it looks like the fight against Leaf Septoria has begun..... I am seeing the White bullseys appear on some of the leaves on my Purple Maroc and my Pineapple express. Upon closer inspection it seems that almost all of the weeds in my plot suffer from one form or another of Leaf Spot Fungal infestations. While I caught it real early on my girls, I have a feeling that the next 2 months are going to be no walk in the park.
    No real way to prevent that shit around here, with our cool humid fall temperatures. Cut my yields in half last year and I fear it may do the same again this season. :cry:   I'm not giving up the good fight though. Just need to diligently remove the affected leaves, and spray down the plants with some neem oil, dish soap and baking soda mix to try and keep the spread of the disease to a minimum. Also going to really spread the canopy and lollipop things a bit to get as much air flow as possible. I'm going to try my hardest to beat it, but after last season I'm not so sure I will......

Anybody know of any special microbial suppliments that work to fight off Botrytis or Leaf Septoria? Currently feeling Orca microbes which have done my roots wonders, but just dont seem to be keeping the disease at bay. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's some pictures for all of you lovely people from the plot "Condemned"

First is a picture showing you all some of that Leaf Septoria showing its ugly face on my Purple Maroc. More concerning yet... This leaf is located more than halfway up the plant....

[​IMG]

On a much more positive end note, here is a nice little overall shot for you guys and gals, showing my lovely Pineapple Express bush in front who is just shy of 2 weeks into showing sex and is already getting loaded with pistils.
    Behind her towers my 8 and a half foot tall Maroc who is packing on some serious weight right now. Looking at an early/ mid september harvest with her.

[​IMG]

Hope everybody is having a good and safe weekend!
    -Serg

15. @[member="sergei"]

Gotcha covered bro.......

16. Thanks Chunk, You da man!

On that note, now that the thread has been rightfully switched to the Outdoor Journals, I figure I'll update everyone on my Indoor garden lol.
    I ran 5 strains this year, Reserva Privada Silver Kush, Paradise Seeds Nebula, THSeeds Sage N' Sour, Female Seeds White Widow x Big Bud, and DNA Genetics Kosher Tangie all organically indoors in soil under 2x 1000w HPS lights. Things are Slowly coming to a beautiful climax here, with ripe tops dripping with resin all around. After 2 weeks of flushing the soil and only giving them Blackstrap molasses and Orca Mycorrhizae leaves are turning a beautiful purple and gold, and the tops are becoming very dense. We have already chopped a dozen or so of the largest tops from the Sage N' Sour, WWxBB, and Nebula.
    The WWxBB and Sage N sour are currently being trimmed and jarred. Just a little teaser for you all, here is the WWxBB who had her ripest tops cut at 55 days.
    [​IMG]

And here is that same top 1 week later, ready for the jar!

[​IMG]
    Looks like it should be some real good smoke :smoking:

17. Donkey dicks, Sergei style...  Looking fantastic!!

18. Thanks OP, I learned from the best you know.... :poke: :smoke:
    We'll just have to wait and see what happens as far as the donkey dicks go. The weather finally has started to cooperate over the past few days. Less rain and more delicious sunshine! I'm going to head over to all three plots this evening. Chopping the fattest colas off of Sage N sour, WWxBB, Nebula, and Kosher Tangie today. The Silver Kush and all of the other preemie nuggets will be left for a few more days to ripen up under the lights, continuing the flushing process. Expect some sticky dank budshots tomorrow! :bongin:

In the outdoor gardens I plan on spending a few hours to stake up and spread the canopies of my girls to promote airflow, trimming off anything with leaf spot fungus, and lollipopping quite a bit at the bottom. If it is not too late in the evening I'll try to take some shots!
    Have a good night GC!