Sergeis Homegrown Hangout

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by sergei, Dec 2, 2013.

1. #21 sergei, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
    Ahhhhh! I'm so glad that you have some interest in that! Purple Maroc for the past 4 years has been my go-to strain for the great outdoors. High yields, great bag appeal, good smoke, good resistance to mold and pests.... it really is the best Guerrilla strain I have ever come across. Let me roll up a couple maroc doobs and get to writing man! Expect the review either some time tomorrow or during the weekend.
    While you wait..... here is a little sign of things to come a while down the road..... A Bohemith top cola on the Cali Connection Blue Dream Haze completely bent over with weight. Only a week left before all of those little foxtails bulk up into the chunkiest of nugs. Favorite indoor strain I have ever run, so much fun to grow and such a beast!!!
    [​IMG]

2. Sergei,

Great review.  IMO a review is better off with all the details.  Funny I've been growing this strain for almost 5 years....you're spot on in your review.  The smell/taste is incredible, and the buzz is what I look for, not devastating or paranoia inducing.  Zero burnout when smoked in moderation.  Sincere thanks for sharing that, I've been spamming this strain for far too long.  You should share this in the indoor strain index sticky.  

As far as the way it was grown, you nailed it.  To hell with bag appeal, screen appeal is what it's got.

Makes great F2's if you get the standard sex.  I've grown out a dozen of the seeds I produced in 2010 and they are all fantastic, and very similiar.

Looking forward to the next report.

3. Beautiful plants my man

4. #24 sergei, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
    Hey thanks Patrio! That means a lot to me, even to get one compliment on my reviews, let alone have it help a grower/consumer with the information makes writing up the review totally worth it. I too even think that the smallest and most mundane details are very important when regarding cannabis genetics.
    As I stated before I really enjoyed growing this strain, and I feel like the end product is some of my favorite medicine I have toked to date. It truly is the perfect combo with its strength and its lack of paranoia inducing properties. Smoke leaves me feeling quite fulfilled and relieved without any excess anxiety. I have 1 more Fem seed left, and if I like that pheno, I plan on making some cuts and possibly doing a little crossbreeding to make it a little more suitable outdoors. (WISH I HAD REGS!)

Thanks again for all of the props patrio! I'm glad you enjoyed it and found it to be accurate! I may just have to post this one in the indoor strain reviews, with a little added growing information later this week, as the reviews on this thread are mainly aimed at the consumer vs. being a full blown grow report. HOWEVER, if the demand is there I'd love to write up a grow report for any strain that I've reviewed. Just ask me! :smoke:

So now we're on to our next line of business, another review, this time a little something from the outdoor garden, possibly my favorite strain of all time, Purple Maroc.

Strain: Purple Maroc

Breeder: Female Seeds

Genetics: Purple Power x Landrace Moroccan Ketama (mostly Sativa)

Looks/ feel: Purple Maroc's bud structure is fantastic and quite eye appealing, with a very desirable ratio of flowers to leaves. The buds are dense, large Christmas tree shaped nugs that sparkle in a kaleidoscope of colors. Bag appeal wise this strain is the mutts nuts, having dark green buds speckled with a royal violet all encrusted in a blanket of gleaming trichomes. Of the four phenotypes I have discovered, one pheno comes out completely black/purple, where as the other three come out pleasantly speckled with purps. All of which are quite easy on the eyes.

9/10
    [​IMG]

Smell: To be perfectly honest, at first I was very turned off by Purple Maroc's smell. While in flower the plant has a pungent skunky odor, but as soon as the plant is harvested and dried it's smell quickly changes. What I first used to think of as a nasty grassy hay smell (like one gets with improperly dried/ cured buds) I have slowly grown to love. After a good cure, Purple Maroc's flowers produce a very distinctive smell that I have yet to encounter from other strains. It is sweet yet extremely earthy with rich tones of dark Chocolate and subtle hints of menthol and bubblegum. For the longest time I wasn't sure how I felt about the smell, totally lacking that classic pine and skunk scent found in most good cannabis, but over time it has become something that has really grown on me. Very unique.

8/10

Taste: Just like the smell, at first I was kind of turned off by Purple Maroc's unique taste. For the amount of trichomes that this strain produces I was surprised to find that it lacked any piney or fruity taste. While different, the flavor is certainly still a real pleasing mix of earthy, sweet, and spicy. Not recommended for those looking for chemmy flavor, but most of those who try Purple Maroc are blown away by this classic old school Ketama flavor that I have yet to find in other breeds.

9/10

High: I see Purple Maroc as just the right blend of Sativa and Indica. Relaxing yet not sedative, potent but not overpowering. It is a classic creeper, with only very subtle effects for the first couple of minutes, before becoming a very uplifting and euphoric head high. The buzz starts right in the brain and quickly flows into the eyes, then slowly spreads into the neck and back which becomes the center point of the body high. At about 20 minutes in the body high invades the whole body, making my extremities feel heavy and my eyes begin to droop. High reaches its peak at about 30 minutes in. Purple Maroc's effects are quite pleasant but not overpowering, with no sense of anxiety and minimal couch lock for such a body oriented buzz. Purple Maroc has a little something for everyone. It is good for beginners who are looking for a little something stronger, while still being quite enjoyable for every day smokers like myself.
    It is the perfect smoke for daytime pain relief, because the strong body high leaves the user feeling quite relieved without being too much of a day ruining couchlock. Really long lasting high, usually up to 3 hours, and relaxation for up to 5 hours after. Great strain for daytime pain relief, anxiety and appetite stimulation  The only negatives I could think of would be the terrible dry mouth this strain gives me, and how I always seem to overindulge in junk food, because yeah, she'll give you the munchies! :smoke:

Potency: 7.5/10

Medical Potential: 9/10 I feel that this strain really found a perfect niche in daytime pain relief.

Conclusions? Purple Maroc has been my go-to plant for the outdoors for a number of years now for obvious reasons. It yields well, and the end product is quite eye appealing and effective. All in all it is the perfect outdoor plant and it should be a must have for anybody trying to find that perfect hybrid of Sativa and Indica. Must have bud.

8.5/10 Overall

[​IMG]

Sorry again for the delays!!!!

5. Thanks brotha! Learned a lot here in the City! Stay tuned for more man, I'll try my best not to disappoint!

6. What a strain review!!

7. Thanks Ozzie! You ever get a chance to run this beauty yet? I've been meaning to try her indoors for a while now, but with how well it works outside I just always seem to keep her the way she was intended to be grown..... and I just have so many awesome beans that I have just been dying to run under the lights, so PM is always stuck on the back burner. I bet she would be an awesome industrial plant indoors though... High yields and high quality.
    Good to see you around man! Hope things are going well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XacvydVrhuI

8. Ya know, I havent even smoked Purple Maroc.. But after that review I feel like I have! :laughing:

9. #29 sergei, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
    Just a quick update for you all, I have been really busy lately cleaning out the grow room and prepping for our next grow after a much needed winter off. Last run was my first ever indoor grow, and lets just say it felt extremely jury rigged, (being grown in the back room of a dilapidated barn) so my buddy and I have spent the past Two days bringing our room up to 21'st century standards. We've been filling cracks in the walls and ceiling with expanding foam and insulating the ceiling, hopefully completely allowing us to control the temps in our room with little variation, keeping the cold out in the winter, and the heat out in the dead of summer. It should be a real step up from the 90 degree room last July and the 38 degree temperatures recorded in the room last December... :eek:   In the next couple of days we plan on laying down the mylar and completing the final touches of our much improved grow room, and by the weekend we should have beans in paper towels ready to pop.

It's not the largest operation I have partaken to date, but I do have pretty high hopes for the 6 ladies under the 2000 Watts of HPS light. Girls will be vegged 45-55 days before the switch to 12/12, hopefully ensuring pretty good yields for the small plant count.
    Planning on running:
    1x Paradise Seeds Nebula
    1x TH Seeds Sage N' Sour
    1x Female Seeds White Widow x Big Bud
    1x W.O.S. Afghan Kush x Skunk
    1x G13 Labs Blueberry Gum
    1x Reserva Privada Silver Kush

Ahhhh, It's so good to be back! :metal:

10. welcome back sir

11. #31 sergei, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
    Thanks Uneek! Good to be back!
    Spent much of the day in the barn with my buddy filling up air leaks and finishing the three previous days work laying insulation. Everything is pretty well sealed up, but temperatures in the room are still dipping down below thirty when the lights are off for a long period.The room has an electric space heater which can now heat up the room to about 60 when it is in the single digits, but that is not the most efficient thing to run in our space, so my buddy and I have been playing around with the idea of using the ballast as a radiant heat source in our room. Generally the ballast is wired outside of our room to keep the heat down but we decided to bring it inside for a month of so, as we usually get winter conditions in our area until mid April. I figure why not use something we are already spending energy on to help us conserve a bit?

Anyways, just taking a moment right now to sit down and germinate some beans using the good ole' paper towel method....... It's go time ladies and germs!!!! :smoke:
    [​IMG]
    Beans all wrapped up and cozy with a little Cindy 99 Outdoor sure to be enjoyed before bed. Have a good night GC!

***EDIT*** Can the mods please bring this thread over to the Indoor Grow Journal Section? That would be awesome! Thanks!

12. PM chunk and he'll move it over for ya

Cant wait for this show dude!!!

13. Thanks for the tip Ozz, I'm on it now!
    I'm really excited myself man! Trying out lots of new gear and techniques this season. Cant wait to have all of my buddies along for the ride!
    The grow room is almost ready and 4/6 beans have popped and are showing their new tap roots. Thinking I will be whipping up a batch of seed starter soil tonight, and get them all under lights tomorrow afternoon. It's game time now!
    On Friday I also got a nice package from the attitude, and I am expecting another to arrive tomorrow. 2014 is going to be the year of the cash crop!

14. #34 sergei, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
    Hey guys, how y'all doing tonight?
    Just figured I'd post a quick update for all of those who are interested....
    All of the beans except for the G13 Blueberry Gum popped, but the loss of that bean did not really surprise me as the seed seemed smaller than the others that I germinated, and on top of that it was a freebie from about a year back, so I'm not really bent about it. Decided to pop a Samsara Seeds Sweet Black Angel a couple of days ago to make up for that empty spot, which is now ready to be transplanted tonight. All of the newborns are being transplanted into 6 inch plastic pots filled with a cold coco/perlite mix. The mix is made to be nicely aerated and is supplemented with Great White Roots Myco to promote vigorous root growth right off the bat, and with a 6 inch pot the seedlings will have the perfect space to make it happen! The other 5 seedlings are now sitting happily under the 1000 watt HPS, loving life.

On top of that, the Attitude Birthday Promo last week treated me reaaaalllllll kind.
    Picked up a whole lot of gear for the guerrilla growing season and got tons of freebies that I just cant wait to run under the lights!
    I purchased:
    2x FMS Semi Aoutomatic Grapefruit
    5x Dinafem White Widow Autos
    3x Dinafem OG Kush
    3x Dinafem Critical 2.0 Autos
    1x Dinafem Moby Dick Auto
    5x G13 Pineapple Express

And I got 37 seeds free..... I'd say I made out pretty well!

[​IMG]

***EDIT*** PLOT TWIST! The Sweet Black angel has not popped. After 3 days in the paper towel there is still no activity with the seed, so I guess I have to pick something else.... What's it going to be!
    Critical Hog? Green Crack? White Critical? What should I chose!?

15. Moved to indoor journal section, and bumped to the top where it belongs.

16. You the man Patrio! Thanks for the help! Stay tuned for an update later this afternoon! Got some new growth under the lights, and new developments along the outdoor front! Yeee hawwww!!! :metal:

17. Okay, so I forgot to bring my camera to the room yesterday, however I will try to bring it with me today. Sprouts are looking quite healthy!
    Well, even though I don't have pictures of the girls, I do have this!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvGFaXAOn7A&list=UUrviGle4w3p9CyskUZTrspg
    What are y'all smoking on today?

18. Fuck ya bro! What strain?

19. Damnit! I always forget that I have a grow journal on here... I'm sorry it has been so long since my last update blades! I have been busy with a new job, a new lady, and more or less traveling across country.
    Being away from the grow room presented some problems, and the plants sadly suffered. We're down right now but we are not out of it! I'd post some pictures, but quite frankly I'd be embarrassed to show you all how they look... Getting the PH rebalanced, gave them some food that they all desperately needed, and stepped them up to 5 gallon smart pots full of FFOF. I expect things to be peachy keen again in the next 5 days.

In other news, today I am sprouting my first full season beans for the great outdoors. Ladies and gentlemen, it is go time!

Ohhh and ozzie, It was good ole' trainwreck! Shit was poooootent and flavorful, a little waxy for shatter standards though.
    How is the spring treating you so far?

20. Working 70-80 hours a week now that the weather is better... 

Gonna go scout my outdoor spot today tho!