Sergeis Homegrown Hangout

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by sergei, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Well hey there Grasscity, its been a while since I posted onto these forums mainly do to a busy work schedule, but dont worry its certainly not because I am smoking any less, or growing any less ganja...... quite the contrary in fact! Now that the grow season is over for me I figured I would lurk back on to the interwebs, catch up with some old heads, and of course talk cannabis!

On this thread I will be posting bud shots from both my indoor and outdoor grows, harvested and processed nug shots, home made and dispo bought extracts, recipes for edibles, strain reviews, and a whole lot of shooting the shit. Feel free to stop by and say high! Oh yeah, and bring your meds too! :smoke:

I figure i will start you off with a little taste of what is yet to come.
    Strain: Outdoor Cinderella 99
    Breeder: Female Seeds
    Grown outdoors in Fox farms soil, fed a mix of all organic bat guano, Blackstrap Molasses, and 2 different cultures of Mycorrhizae (AN Piranah and Great White Roots). Harvested two weeks early, around September 25 thanks to the threat of a killing frost.
    [​IMG]
    Will write up a review after the cure is complete!

Let me know what you all think! Cant wait to chat with you guys!

2. #2 sergei, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2013
    Awe man! Over 1000 reads and still no love? I guess I'll just have to spice things up a bit with a touch of color!!!

Here is a shot of my Reserva Privada Kandy Kush just about 2 days away from harvest now. She is such a gorgeous plant, between her burgandy and golden foliage to her huge soda bottle nuggets plstered with resin, I find her very easy on the eyes.

She was grown indorrs under 2x 1000 Watt MH/HPS systems along with 5 other plants, but shr is easily one of the most beautiful in my opinion. I cant wait to see how she smokes! If you like my buds let me know what you think. If the feed back is good I'll keep the pictures comping!

1. [​IMG]

\t[​IMG]

3. that RP looks very good bud

4. #4 sergei, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013
    Thanks brothaman! She was a real pleasure to grow. Just chopped her yesterday afternoon. If the medicine is choice, then she will be run again indoors in the near future! The buds are fat, heavy and loaded with resin. Plus the red/ purple foliage makes it really easy on the eyes! :) Can't wait to see what she looks like all dried and trimmed up!

People are a lot harder to impress on this site from when I first started posting here 4 or 5 years ago, sheesh. Where my G's at!?

Had to make a new purchase this morning from the attitude. Their christmas promo was just way too good to pass up.
    On the way now I have...
    4x FMS WWxBB
    4x FMS Purple Maroc
    5x Paradise Seeds Pandora Auto
    Plus all of the promotional givaways, 3 UFO freebies, and even 3 free Nebula beans courtesy of Paradise seeds. Looks like Christmas is coming a touch early this season!

5. oh brother i saw that if u spend like 100 bucks you get 7seeds very tempting

6. Absolutely worth it. The tude is awesome when it comes to freebies and giveaways. They make it really hard not to buy!

7. correction you get 10 freebies

8. #8 sergei, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
    pshhh even better if you ask me!
    Harvested the ripest buds from Kandy Kush a few days ago and they are slowly frying in a dark tent that I mist a little on the sides of the tent to raise the humidity inside and slow the drying process a bit. I try to keep things at about 50 degrees humidity at all times as to maintain bud density and structure. One nugget I pulled a week early, and fast dried in my closet. It looks pretty awesome, and smells riiiiipe as hell in a jar. I cant wait for the final product!

Tonight I'll leave Y'all with a pic that I took in the sugar mill last week.
    Just a little more from that Reserva Privada Kandy Kush that I now have hanging in the dry tent.
    [​IMG]

Got more pictures coming! Stay tuned for the other Kandy Kush thst we have still running at about 80 days of flower, and the 2 Blue Dream Haze's just about finishing up!

9. Sergei,

What's up?  It's been a while, but I do remember you.

That Kandy Kush looks out of this world.  I've grown regular, femmed, and a crapload of my own f2's and I've never gotten that kind of coloring, inside or out.  That bud looks as good as it gets.  Hope you have a cut of that.  I've been running this strain for 4 years, got a couple of great pheno's from it.  When do you plan on chopping?  I see it's under 1000w but what kind of setup ie, organic, hydro, soil?  
    I really do love this strain.  It's the only strain I've grown that smokes fantastic without a proper cure, and it kicks my ass after a month or so in jars.  

Good to see you back in the city!

10. Hey Patrio! Its so good to see one of the originals back on my thread! How are things man!?
    Just been doing a lot of guerrilla work around these parts, and just finishing my first ever indoor grow right now as we speak, so things are, and have been poppin!!!

Dude! This thing is such a beautiful plant! Short, stocky and very branchy, buds are chunky and dense too, so no complaints there. I just can't wait to see how she smokes. If it is half as good as it looks then I feel like I might be in for a real nice mid winter treat! You're going to kill me, at least I know I am really kicking myself now but I never took any cuttings from this one. I really wish I had though. My other two Kandy Kushes are really nice, but that colorful pheno blows those out of the water in terms of bag appeal. Your description just got me so pumped to smoke this stuff honestly. I have a real hard time finding an OG cross that doesnt blow me away, so I'm really looking ford to trying a little taste. The flowers get soooo heavy, the 2 KK's we still have under the lights are tied up with dozens of strings as the branches would otherwise completely droop to the floor. So far very impressed with her.

All ladies are grown mostly organic (with the exception of some mineral salt ferts that i still use in flower) Each plant is grown in 5 gallon smart pots filled with FFOF. I usually veg them for 45-50 days because we have the space to let them spread their wings.
    That one gorgeous pheno was chopped at just over 70 days, and the other two are nearing day 80 but still could use some serious maturing. Bottom buds and popcorns still appear to be fluffy, and loaded with white hairs. She has been flushed for about 25 days already and is losing leaves fast, but I still plan on pushing her into maturity or until she is completely defoliated, whichever comes first!

Thanks for stopping by Patrio! Real good to see the familiar face.

11. It's OK I had an indicia pheno similar to that.  Didn't keep a cut...doh. Only drawback of this strain imo is it needs a little extra care when in a guerrilla grow, flops even more outside.

Helluva job for your first indoor grow. 

I'll be waiting for some finished bud pics.

12. Good gracious, sorry it has been so long since I've had a chance to reply to you Patrio! Last month my indoor grow partner got busted for sale of cannabis, so I have kind of been laying low for a while, but now after finding out he was snitched on by a "friend" and not being watched I feel much safer in my situation.
    Deep sigh of releif here!

Regardless, that Kandy Kush is really just as killer as you described! It came out a little fluffier than I normally like, but when cured tightly in a jar, it gains a little density and really ups that bag appeal. The smoke is FIRE too! Certainly not for beginners.
    Thanks for the daps man, but I cant really take any credit. The success was all due to killer genetics from Reserva Privada and The Cali Connection. :metal:

Stay tuned! I'll be uploading some dried and cured bud pics real soon, along with HD pictures and reviews of....
    -FMS Easy Sativa
    -FMS Purple Maroc
    -FMS Cinderella 99 Outdoor
    -G13 Pineapple Express
    - Dinafem White Widow Auto
    - Paradise Seeds Pandora Auto
    - Greenhouse Seeds Super Lemon Haze
    - Cali Connection Blue Dream Haze
    And of course first off we're going to get you an in depth review of that Kandy Kush loaded with pictures :)
    Along with that I will also likely be adding some videos from last season's outdoor grow when I get around to it. Stay Tuned!!!

13. #14 sergei, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
    Just as promised, tonight I'm coming to you all with a full fledged in depth smoke report of one of my new favorite strains.

Strain: Kandy Kush

Breeder: Reserva Privada

Genetics: OG Kush x Trainwreck (Mostly Indica)
    [​IMG]

Looks/Feel: Kandy Kush's flowers grow like a very typical kush strain. The flowers are a 50-50 mix of both large, chunky Christmas tree tops composed of numerous dense little kush clusters, and tasty yet very fluffy popcorn buds. Unfortunately some of the buds turned out a bit airier than we like, which racked off a couple of points bag appeal wise, but by adding CO2 to the grow environment or with a tight packed cure, even those little buds form nicely into small sticky dense nugs. While some buds turned out slightly under my standards, other flowers really carried some serious bag appeal, being a eye catching light green, loaded with purple and coated in a thick frost of resin. The buds turned out quite spongy, and extremely sticky to the touch. The kind of nuggets that cement your grinder shut with resin.....

Kandy Kush Scores an 8/10 on looks (only due to density issues)
    [​IMG]

Smell: Kandy Kush is one of the most pungent cannabis strains that I have encountered in my nearly 10 years of smoking. Only a minute after opening the jars a thick cloud of stank, that no patchouli could cover engulfed my entire house. The smell brought me right back to high school, getting kushes that smelled so noxious that it would make hiding it impossible. We always joked, "It is the kind of stuff that smells so good it gets you busted."
    The smell is extremely rich with the perfect blend of skunky and sweet with surprise undertones of diesel fuel.
    (On a side note anyone considering on growing this strain MUST use proper ventilation and odor control, I can not make a point to you as to how funky this strain is!)

10/10 points for smell

Taste: When grown and flushed correctly Kandy Kush is an extremely sensory pleasing strain, with a flavor rich enough to impress even the most particular connoisseurs. The smoke is extremely smooth and sweet with hearty undertones of skunk, incense and diesel. A flavor that can only be described as "sophisticated". Kandy Kush is one of the few strains that I will smoke through and through until all that is left in the bowl is a fluffy white ash, and I will enjoy every last hit...

Kandy Kush scores 9.5/10 for taste

High/ Medicinal effect: Kandy Kush is some of the most enjoyable ganja that I have tried yet to date. The high is very strong, while I would not consider it overpowering like its mother, OG Kush. An expansive head high begins to set in almost instantly on the inhale. The head high is very strong, especially right behind the eyes, but not too overpowering. In the first 30 minutes the effects are quite cerebral and borderline psychedelic, leaving the user feeling uplifted, euphoric, creative, extremely giggly, social, and even left me with slightly introspective thoughts. Kandy Kush leaves the user feeling mentally stimulated and driven to do things, while physically leaving the user quite relaxed. While the effects are quite cerebral I do not find myself getting anxious or overwhelmed in any way, in fact I find myself clear headed and surprisingly conversational. While the head high lasts through out much of the duration of its effects, about 30 minutes in, the user begins to develop a lovely body high that leaves the eyes extremely heavy and the body quite relaxed. While the effects were strong and lasted up to Three hours, the come down was not very tiring, making it ideal for a mid day smoke.
    Kandy Kush is the perfect balance between focus, relaxation, and sedation, in my eyes making the perfect smoke.
    Perfect for medical patients like myself suffering from PTSD and Anxiety.

Kandy Kush's effects have been graded a 9/10
    [​IMG]

In conclusion Kandy Kush is some seriously good medicine, a keeper and a plant that I would definitely like to run again. Between the looks of some of the flowers, to its overpowering odor and eclectic taste make the bag appeal extremely high, but its effects are where it really takes the cake. Kandy Kush is the perfect balance between focus, relaxation, and sedation, in my eyes making the perfect smoke.
    Ideal for medical patients like myself suffering from PTSD and Anxiety.

Kandy Kush scores 9.25/10 in all categories, making it some grade A Cannabis. Highly recommended.

-Sergei

14. Very well done review Sergei. I just love the colors you can get from good organic soil...do you make your own mix?

You know youre making me want to try that Kandy Kush ...but I dont use any odor control so it may be best that I dont lol.

Again, very nice work...guess I'm subbed in now!

Take it easy man :wave:

15. Can I kick it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71ubKHzujy8

16. #17 sergei, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
    Hey thanks man! I Take a lot of time and put quite a bit of effort into my reviews, but unfortunately by the end of the review I am usually stoned out of my gourd, so please ignore the word redundancy or spelling errors that I know lurk deep in the review world :smoke:
    Thanks again for the props man! I wish I made my own super soil, but it is all just the standard Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil with Great White Roots Mycorrhizae in the mix.
    I Totally would not try and grow out that Kandy Kush without odor control unless you are legal, and even then it could totally attract some unwarranted attention, however if you ever get the chance she is a real fun plant to grow, and as you see I totally enjoy the end product!
    Thanks for the sub brotha I hope to not disappoint!

OZZIE MAH DUDE! Long time no talk man! How the hell have you been? What kind of awesome projects have you been working on lately?
    So good to see you back, cant wait to show you what I've been up to!

So what's everyone smoking on tonight? Some earth shattering 91 chemdawg crumble here for me tonight!
    [​IMG]

Cheers, and dunks awayyyyyyy! :bongin:

17. This was my baby, before she was stolen by the PoPo :mad:

Attached Files:

18. Thats really too bad MoonLitScorpion420 it looked like the start of something really nice!

Thinking I am going to write another little review up tonight to be posted sometime this weekend. Any suggestions as to what I should do next?

19. I'd personally like to see pics and hear about that Purple Maroc :wave: