First indoor Grow, Lemon Kush

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MutherFuckerJones, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Looking gorgeous, should be 18/4 at this stage, and 12/12 when budding, the plants think it's turning winter time with less light and burst into budding.

2. The lad that set it up is coming round tomorrow so i can go through some stuff with him anyway, I'm learning as i go along this time, no doubt i will do my own after this. As far as ive noticed atm, the lights come on at 17:00 and go off again at about 6:00. That just concerned me, but i think we going to have a fiddle about n jiggle it around a bit. Will get an update up tomorrow eve.Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum

3. I think he just set it up just to get them a bit if light and settled in the pots. Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum

4. #25 Freedom, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
    Here to help mah fellow Brit :D  You are a Brit, right? :p  You must be cos you say 'cheers' and 'mate' lol.

Journals are a great way to help you learn, track progress and document stuff but we need more info to help you.  Tell us everything, light schedules, type of soil, are you feeding them?  What's your run of pH, temps etc  All these things control how your plants grow.

First off that light looked a long way above the canopy, doesn't necessarily matter but you may be able to get more out of it if your temps will allow.

Do you have an oscillating fan in there with them?  Plants like a gently breeze because it promotes strong stems, keeps bugs away etc.

They're gonna want bigger pots.

You have a few issues but nothing serious, you defo need to refine your procedure for best results tho. :)

Also, your plants are flowering, so they must be getting a fair bit of darkness.  I'm guilty of flowering too early but I like to try and give them 4-6 weeks in veg, then top them, then shove them into 12/12 to flower.  You'll get a better yield if you wait.

Not at all bad for a first shot dude! :hello:

Hey, 'Cheers' for stopping by! yesss im a brit haha, midlands/england myself. 

Yeah as i said im Very new to growing, ive literally started learning in the last month or so, enjoying the info as i love the plant as a whole.
    As i said im doing this with another guy who is full of info but we basically got it set up in a bit of a rush and i dont think he set the lights properly, he hasnt been able to get over to go through much with me and i got a text 2 days ago saying 'can you let me know when the lights go on and off?' 
    im thinking shouldnt you have checked this when you set it up..... oh well, like you said first time, learning as i go along etc.
    ive basically been sort of kepping them going on my limited info, i have been watering them every day, not too much enough to keep the soil moist for a bit, we have a new load of soil we mixed up 2 days ago (will put up a load more pics of the soil, the kit i have etc later on this eve) thats ready to go as soon as we re pot them and get the bigger tent set up.

Thanks for stopping by though. my partner in this is coming around this eve so will get some more info and should be able to shed a bit more light on the matter!

6. [SIZE=12pt]The light I have is cooled, I have a small clip on fan about half way up the tent that's on constantly, I don't have a temp/humidity gauge/dial yet, the ph of the water is 6.5/7.0[/SIZE]

7. #28 Freedom, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
    Cool cool.

Looks like you've got the watering down, which is good cos most noobs fuck it up and love the plants to death.  Just remember that roots need air and water to survive.

Um yeah, light schedule is something to work out before we beat our fists randomly at the timer lol ;)  18/6 is good for veg; I like to give the plant some down time, when you wanna flower you want 12/12.  YOu can mess with this stuff a bit but my advice would be to keep it simple until you have a few grows under your belt and then you can enjoy experimenting.

ETA: Temp is important man, get a thermometer, cheap as fuck.  Then keep those girls as close to 78degrees as you can, hps lights get very hot even in a cool tube, try not to let the temps go above 85.

Were these clones or did you grow from seed? 

Good luck!

8. Also, get a bigger fan or put it on a higher setting, stems look a bit spindly. :)

9. Is spindly even a word? :confused:

I'll leave now lol. :hide:

10. Spot on bit of info mate, thanks for the input, i will adjust the lighting when i get back as it cant be doing any good then surely if the lighting is buggered up, i dont even think he moved around the lighting times he just put it on haha, will sort this eve im sure i can work out a timer!
    yeah i figured its better to not water them too much than flood them out.

11. haha, yes spindly is a word i would use, maybe its us brits ;) i was thinking this myself, the fan i have, to be honest, is a piddley little one, cant be doing enough for 24 plants ;) something that will be sorting in the next week or so

12. Lmao @ 'men with ven' :laughing: that show is fucking funny. 

That's ok mate lol, cheers n wotnot.

Yeah a trip to Homebase for you m laddo! Lol.  Get a desk fan and a thermometer and some bigger pots...don't buy soil there cos it's cut with fungus gnats lol.

As for the lighting mmmm, you need someone better than me to inform you on fucking with the schedule now.  YOu can upset them if you fuck with it too much and you don't want herms...any idea what day of flower you are on?  YOu need to decide if you wanna return them to veg or go ahead with flowering....

13. ahh peep show is soo funny. seen them all soo many times now.
    Will be grabbing a thermomiter today, bigger pots will be sorted in the next week or so when i repot and get them in some better soil (or whatever it is i have got at home, already bought some stuff cant remember what its called for the life of me) 

As i said i will pop up some more pics of what im working with later on.

will update with more info later 

14. You are so much like me about 1 year ago.  I know other people's journals can be kinda boring but after reading yours I really think you could relate to and learn a lot from mine.  You are literally me one year ago haha.

15. Going good, can't wait to grow, update on my baby she's loving it today, was in soil yesterday morning. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386594720.287063.jpg

16. Thanks geeza, like i said, any info is welcome, i will have a gander through yours now!
    this is by far not only my grow so i cant go wading in doing stuff when this guy im doing it with has been at it for years, but yeah i will be doing my own solo one after this, get a bit of hands on exp first ;)

17. Well, you are definately on the right track my friend, and you have found the right community.

18. Yeah doing really good :) can't wait for them to bud ;)

19. Will be repotting into bigger pots using this ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386632675.947834.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386632689.899164.jpg Fan ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386632742.413255.jpg Light ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386632783.848398.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386632820.816742.jpg Tent ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386632837.025319.jpg Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum