Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking for first time, not getting high?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ChloeOMandM, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Yeah, to be honest I didn't really get high the first time either. I had a friend who smoked weed before so I wanted to give it a shot, he had a pipe and I hit it but it made me cough out a lung. I felt a little something, but I wouldn't call it a high. 

The next time I smoked, I was with a few friends and I hit a bowl out of a small bubbler. I got ripped out of my mind.  

So give it another shot, look up some inhaling techniques, and, most importantly, have a good time.  :smoke:

2. #22 lazy student, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2013
    [quote name="Emnesty" post="19091647" timestamp="1386050248"]I don't know about everyone saying that your bud doesn't look like an 1/8th. I've got some really dense 1/8ths that've scaled out fine, but looked short. You can't really eyeball it. As for quality, It looks like some decent mids. Same shit I started with.To answer your question, I went through about a quarter ounce trying to get high the first time. Keep trying. It's VERY common not to get high your first time (or few times)[/quote]He also said he rolled the eighth into two joints. Idk about you but those are either fat ass joints he rolled or he got ripped off. Shit happens, he'll learn one way or another.I can't believe you had to smoke a quarter before you got high... That really sucks lol. Keep trying OP, maybe smoke out of a piece as people have suggested. You'll know when you get high the first time don't worry it will happen eventually.

3. Very first time I smoked my friends and I smoked three bowls. i didn't feel anything until about 30 minutes after the third bowl, but my god.... All in all it would seem the first couple times vary greatly from person to person.

4. Try sticking a nug up your butt, that usually does the trick.

5. I never got high the first time I smoked, and don't really buy into the whole "It happens the first time" explanation.

Chances are you aren't sucking properly or keeping that shit held down. Deep inhale, hold it and wait. It'll happen if it's good ganj.

6. Dude i never got high untill like my 10th time. It sucked, i dont think i could inhale cause that was my first time smoking ever. Just try it acouple more times, look for dank weed, and smoke a lot. Thats how i got high eventually.

7. H ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386312162.606576.jpg hehe just wait itll get you

8. I heard tobacco helps with the absorption of THC < not sure how true it actually is but it helps it burn? and saves on weed 

9. That did it for me the first time[​IMG]

10. I got high for the first time last night. Couldn't really tell if I was or wasn't. Everything just felt weird... But nice. It was unnoticeable until I tried to notice it. Also, my lungs felt great when high... Deep breaths :D

11. I got really high my first time. Never felt so good in my life it was euphoric.

I smoked out of a bong though and coughed up a lung

12. I didnt get high the first time, but we smoked really horribly rolled Js so that probably contributed, and it was some dry mids if I recall correctly

13. You pretty much never get high the first time, some people do, but most don't. 

Also, that does NOT look like 1/8. That's a gram tops, maybe a bit less. You got ripped off so badly man D: 

Get a scale or a more trustworthy dealer. Don't make your dealer aware that you haven't been smoking for a while or he'll rip you off

14. There's nothing like getting stoned for your first time

15. I still havnt gotten high. I'm picking up a g this week. Hopfully I will.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. I smoked my friend out with a 2 gram blunt of Og Obama (same as Og kush) he wasn't high either but his eyes were chinked as fuck.

17. I didn't get high until my 3rd time. Don't give up. You'll get it.

18. I got smoked out by my brother and cousin. 5th grade summer (going into 6th grade). They rolled FAT ass Phillie blunts! We smoked at least 3. And,, I honestly can't say I remember the facial numbness , but I can tell you, I was munching on a bag of Doritos like there was no tomorrow! I'm pretty sure I got high. But it's been almost 7 years

19. maybe y'all just can't remember getting high the first time.. Cause you didn't know what to expect ?

20. as everyone else said, there's no way thats an Eighth.

next time try a grav bong. they're easy to make from stuff lying around your house and if that doesn't fuck you up, nothing will.

My first time was a grav and I actually full on tripped. be warned though, it will hurt like fucking hell. 

the next two times I smoked I didn't get particularly high, but that was because it was just a couple hits off a joint of shitty mids and I didn't even inhale properly because I was still kind of wary from my experience with the grav the first time. From the third time onwards (when I used a proper glass bowl and better weed) I got high just fine.