Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking for first time, not getting high?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ChloeOMandM, Dec 2, 2013.

1. So I smoked 2 joints for the first time on Friday & Saturday, I'm pretty sure I inhaled it properly, didn't use my throat used my lungs & held it in for about 4/5 seconds, it was a good draw, and I put quite a lot in, I only sprinkled baccy along the bottom, the rest was weed, but I didn't feel high? Sucked because I got an eighth and used it all in the two joints but didn't get high, is it normal to not get high the first time? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1385976286.962060.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. Hey there, it's different for everyone but the first couple times I smoked I didn't really feel anything.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. If it's your first time smoking anything and you didn't cough up a lung you prolly didn't inhale.

Long slow draws. Hold it and keep smoking till you feel a tingle in your body and stop. Test the water before you dive in. Don't ruin your first experience with paranoia and anxiety

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. First of all that bag you have does not look like an 1/8. :( It's like a 10-15 sack. And inhale the smoke, and then breath in a bunch of normal air, hold, then exhale. That did it for me the first time.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. first time I ever smoked was a joint with a few friends before school and I didn't get high. everyone else was laughing but I didn't get it. then later in the summer I smoekd a proper gravity bong and got high. real high.

6. I've had that problem before and honestly... You probably just need to do the beginners inhale. 1. You bring it into your mouth2. While it's in your mouth, open your mouth and take a deep breath through your mouth 3. Hold that in for about 5 seconds 4. Exhale And it's ok if you cough up a lung. Its happened to even the most hardcore stoners. But yea keep in mind that a lot of people's first times were different.And I hoped this helped 😄

7. I'd recommend purchasing a small pipe or bowl. That way you can control how much is burning, and releasing the carb is easier to inhale. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. A 8th in two joints? That my friend is not a 8th, with a 8th you could roll easily 4 jointsSent from my SPH-D710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. 1; a lot of people don't feel high their first time
    2; that does not look like an 8th

10. #10 Bmxboyyzz345, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
    Thats probably a half 8th or 1.7 grams at the absolute most, but looks a little less. How much did you pay for that? And next time tell your connect that you want to see it on a scale or you arent buying it. An 8th is supposed to be 3.5 grams

11. #11 Emnesty, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
    I don't know about everyone saying that your bud doesn't look like an 1/8th. I've got some really dense 1/8ths that've scaled out fine, but looked short. You can't really eyeball it. As for quality, It looks like some decent mids. Same shit I started with.

To answer your question, I went through about a quarter ounce trying to get high the first time. Keep trying. It's VERY common not to get high your first time (or few times)

12. I got high as fuck my first time smoking weed.

13. Did you smoke anything else before?

14. Use a bong next time if you can. Do you smoke tobacco?

15. Naw, that's normal. I didn't feel anything the first time I burned. The second time I was already drunk so I don't know, and the third time was the highest I've ever been, and probably ever will be. Like trippy high.

It sounds like you smoked it right, but like I said it is normal; your brain just hadn't been introduced to the cannabidoids yet.

16. Ya I had smoked my first cigeratte at the beginning of the Summer so late June and I smoked weed for my first time early august 2010. Btw that was the only cigeratte I had and didn't buy my first pack until sophomore year.

17. The 1st time I tried MJ was sophmore year. A friend had a badly rolled blunt and we smoked it. I felt something but it wasn't really significant to call a high. Second time, it was a similar occurrence because 5-6 people shared a dime/dub bag that I bought -_-.  I didn't really get high (I was already tipsy) but I guess I didn't inhale enough...But several months later, MJ got me curious again and I was tore up! lol and didn't even really smoked much (probably like half a dime).

18. I didn't get high until the 4th time I tried it and I held eCh hit in for 30 seconds lol ovb overkill but damn it worked

19. I smoked two bowls my first time, and didn't get high at all. About a month later, I smoked a half a bowl and got stoned as hell.

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. If u didn't cough like a little pussy bitch then u did it wrong. Try to hold it in as long as possible and hit it as hard as possible. And I didn't get high until like the 5th time I smoked lol... And I was smoking good shit too lol. Purple kush!Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk