How much will I harvest with a 400 watt hps/mh in a 2x4x5 grow tent?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mentaltolerance, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Yes, 4 lbs a indoor plant is pretty easy actually.
    They will have to be vegged for 2 years though.

2. If you want you can look at my journal. 400w in a 3x3x6 tent. I feel I've be above average for a first timer and had very minimal fuck ups. I'm praying to pull to my original personal goal of 10oz dry off 4 plants. Look at my pics (I update daily) my tent is absolutely packed, vegged 6 weeks and they are almost done with week 3 of flower. I believe if I hadn't made a couple fuck ups that 12oz could have been possible but I know that with each new fuck up yield is gonna dip a little lower each time for a first timer. My advice is to consider the first grow and whatever yield you pull as a learning experience with free weed at the end but the amt is dependent on how hard you are willing to work for it.

I go overboard but I research prolly 2-4 hours a day to learn as fast as possible. Read everything. Re-read everything. Bookmark important things for future. Keep some kind of recorded log to keep accurate track of your feeding and waterings (an experienced grower just knows but it's easy for a newbie to get all mixed up trying to keep it straight in your head). And lastly, calm down and just let nature do it's thing, all you gotta do is keep em alive.

Good luck

3. Oh and I forgot but I kinda hinted at it. Read journals like a fiend. You will learn SO much valuable experience from people who have already dealt with it and you can a lot of times find someone with the same strain and many times even from the same bank/breeder. It's like having a time machine to look into the future.

4. No that's about it, thank you for the advice man :) I think I'll stick with a 20/4 for the first month, 18/6 for the next, and 12/12 or 13/11 flowering. Sent from my Prism II using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #25 SrGrower, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
    If your a pro you could get up to 1 gram per watt.  

6. [quote name="ubersoldat" post="19084350" timestamp="1385947446"]13 lbs.[/quote]
    Bahahahahahhahahahahhahaha Special KAY

50+% amber for sativa? Wouldn't that be way past peak ripeness? If you wanted couch lock effect why not just grow a strain with more indica, or am I missing something?

8. Amber trich are there because the thc is in the beginning stages of decay and breakdown. Clear are immature and generally produce a headier shorter high, cloudy is almost peak ripeness and amber would be on the side of over ripe. All giving different effects as the potency and amount of breakdown changes gradually. Some people like more green than yellow bananas and some people prefer more on the yellow/brownish side. Really personal preference and what kind of effect you are after.

9. Pushing it to 50-70% would cause a noticeable or technical loss of potency? I'm gonna try northern lights, strawberry cough, and super lemon haze Sent from my Prism II using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. The more amber generally it's going to be more couch lock Stoney heavy type high. So if you prefer that effect than let em go til you have a little more amber than cloudy. Conversely if you like a headier high take em when there are a little more cloudy than amber. Again it's all trial and error and ultimately personal preference.

11. #31 washedmothafuka, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
    [quote name="Black Rider" post="19093365" timestamp="1386086931"]50+% amber for sativa? Wouldn't that be way past peak ripeness? If you wanted couch lock effect why not just grow a strain with more indica, or am I missing something?[/quote]Indicas are naturally couch lock so you want to harvest before a lot of Amber to still get some nice head effects whereas sativas are already super heady so you want a bit more amber trichomes to give you that body high. It's not like you can say harvest at 25% amber trichomes for all strains...every strain has an optimal pull time and every grower has a preferred high. It's all personal preference.

12. #32 Black Rider, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013

My point is, if you want more body high why not grow a strain with more indica in it rather than letting more of your sativa's thc degrade?

13. The only reason I could think of would be lack of space or stubbornness Sent from my Prism II using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Let me rephrase that, not stubborn, but respectfully petticoat about what strains they growSent from my Prism II using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. 1 g/w really isn't the top end either. I ran 16 plants under a 400 in 8 in square pots last year and pulled a lb not including popcorn and lower growth thati smoked through the cure. Was bagseed cross of juicy fruit and train wreck. Flowered for full 12 weeks before ripening which could account for the extra weight, but it was my first grow and it was far from perfect. 1.5 g/w wouldn't surprise me out of some pot ninjas.

16. *particular xD Sent from my Prism II using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Probably around a half pound for 3 NL that are taken care of decently well

18. 75% amber? Mite as well take zanax too

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app