Why do you grow?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by selby506, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Just thought I would create a post about this, the obvious answer is cost and not dealing with dealers, tbh I like making things ie beer and wine and like the feeling im sticking it to the tax man, also keeping this a private hobby as I have no smoker friends

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Because I like eating for free.

3. Hmm.... growing what? You do realise this is a gardening forum? As in tomatos, peppers, corn...? Unless your talking about smoking home grown tobacco, wrong forum section.

Yea!! What he said, lol. I guess I didn't even read the whole post or I just disregarded his forum expirence and answered the question the way I had seen it. Haha.

5. bc I love vegetables and it only makes sense to try to get the freshest, best-tasting ones possible (as well as being able to get ones I particularly enjoy) by growing them. it's become an enjoyable and absorbing hobby for my partner and I and its helped our health tremendously. we eat better food, we feel self-reliant, and we feel like we are doing something to help and support the environment (bees LOVE our garden!).

if we didn't enjoy gardening and building so much, we'd never even THINK of undertaking a mmj grow.

6. Cause it doesn't make any sense that MJ is as expensive as gold when it should be as expensive as a nice decent fruit.

7. I grow to eat fresh vegetables and fruits all year long *ahem*

8. #8 snoopdog6502, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    I grow herbs, vegetables,chickens/eggs/turkeys.

I want to make most of my own food if possible. I want to own a cow and milk it someday.

Or maybe a GOAT!   :D

9. Because I am half Dutch and it's in our blood. :laughing:

10. Because it is fun. Plus you get the satisfaction of eating something that took patience and labor.
    "Eat the fruits of your labor"

11. LOL, I started pretty much the same thread!  It's in my sig...