NinjaGrow 1000W HPS multistrain first indoor journal. Lots of????

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by NinjaGrow, Nov 30, 2013.

1. i pretty much use the same process except for the rock wool

2. So....After doing some research   ...I have decided to make this a coco grow...My first ever...I bought a 50 L bag of Canna coco  and mixed in some perlite and transplanted all of my clones into 16oz cups....I also bought a ph up and down kit and ordered a TDS/Ph meter. I mixed a little stump tea in the works also. Watered it with DI water with a shot of calmag ....I 'm loving how furry the roots are on the clones...Can't wait to see these take off. 
        Also...on a positive note...The room itself seems ready ...temps in the daytime of 73 with temps at night 66 and 30%RH  Hopefully after a week or so I can transplant into my 3 gallon bags and really start rocking! Again...let me know what you guys think :hippie: IMG_20131210_001943.jpg IMG_20131210_003253.jpg

3. good luck with the coco grow. U do know that coco has no nutes and u have to feed the plant everything it needs right? Hopefully u dnt run into any deficiencies

Sent from my LGL45C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Same clone process here as stated above. I usually TP them at the first sign of them throwing roots from the plug I don't wait for them to stick out as far as I see in some of your pics. If the roots are out of the plug time to TP. Those roots are looking for someplace else to grow. If your looking for coco advice a few of the guys in my journal run coco and have journals up detailing feeding schedules and dilutions. We all run GH nutes tho. Anyways can't wait to see your girls take off. And I hope you got the mites gone cuz I know they can be a pain in the ass. Someone I know has been battling them for close to 6 months now. I hate that cuz I want a few strains he has but can't risk bringing them into my room.

5. Yes...I'm pretty sure they're gone...but i  do know what a pain they can be...the biggest thing to killing them off is to bomb once...then 3 days later...then another 3 days later...that way your sure to get the eggs too. ....and thats how I got them....taking clones from someone elses room.

6. I scored a proper PH pen and TDS pen on Ebay...$38 for the pair free shipping...money well spent. I can not believe how far off my dropper kit was...like 2 points...no wonder i have had problems. IMG_20131214_025020.jpg

Not really a lot going on in the room ...still have 19 clones in cups in veg...another week they will be ready to go in 3 gal bags
    I also bought a magnifying dohickey...and I'm happy to say I can not find any mites.

I gave all of my plants a good watering with Stump Tea. Has anyone ever used this stuff?   AMAZING is all i can say...after seeing what it did for a buddy of mines crop I'm a true believer. IMG_20131210_234352.jpg IMG_20131130_032340.jpg

7.     " Its what roots really crave! Stump tea is a special blend of soil biology and beneficial Mycorrhizae that occurs naturally in the worlds most pristine forests. This synergistic mix vigorously inoculates the roots zone and boosts metabolic rate by colonizing the roots with billions of " little helpers" that increase root size and production which in turn increases yields! Stump tea is a complete brew that even the most experienced of tea connoisseurs will love.Bring life to your soil with stump tea and let your soil infuse new life to your harvests" 

Active ingredients: MYCORRHIZAE:                                                 BACTERIA
             Glomus Aggregatum...........6.45 prop/g                                   Bacillus licheniformis...1.00E+08 CFU/g
              Glomus mosseae................6.45 prop/g                                  Bacillus megaterium.......1.ooE+08 CFU/g
              Glomus intraradices...........6.45 prop/g                                  Bacillus pumilus .............1.00E+08 CFU/g
               Glomus etunicatum............6.45 prop/g                                   Bacillus subtilis.............1.00E+08 CFU/g
              Trichoderma reesei............2.50E+05 CFU/g                            
               Trichoderma harzianum.....2.50E+05 CFU/g

Instructions : mix 1 TS /gallon of water aerate 8 hours

That's how the label reads.When you mix it this stuff gets all kinds of bubbles and foam ...Explosive growth 2 days after watering with the stuff. From what I understand its only good during the veg cycle. HTG Supply gives the stuff away at their stores every Tuesday...just bring your own jug. They also sell it for $14.50/ 4 oz package in powder form...I bought this as they also recommend sprinkling on the roots during transplant. I have honestly witnessed this stuff in action....the pic below is a friends mother plant of apple jack ....2 weeks before this pic was taken...she was robbed of every clone we could get off her...cut back to a stump...two weeks later using this stuff...heres how she looks. IMG_20131211_203043.jpg

8. Here is a pic of the clones That I took yesterday. IMG_20131217_012137.jpg

They are all perked up with new growth getting ready to pop 

Also...A friend gave me two clones that were 18" tall and still in 16oz cups...The day after i transplanted them...the leaves started clawwing down.any clue what this could be? IMG_20131215_225751.jpg

9. perhaps u overwatered..did any run off come out??

10. not much...and they're planted in coco...shouldnt be overwatered....I'm thinking maybe just transplanting stress?

11. that is a possibility lol

12. It is amazing how much newly rooted clones can take off in a days time. here is the pic i took last night IMG_20131217_012137.jpg    and this one i took tonight IMG_20131218_015327.jpg  Some are the same...ut some have grown over an inch overnight. they all seem to have new growth popping out of everywhere. 

The plants that are clawing seem to e getting better also...and also have an inch new growth. They are about 18" tall...should i top them? would yield be better if i do? or should i just leave them alone?

13. experiment a lil bit

14. The clones are really taking off now...well...most of them anyways. Another 3 or 4 days and I think they will be ready to transplant :metal:   IMG_20131219_022441.jpg

I stuck some OG X Skywalker seeds in some paper towels tonight also...Soon these clones will be under the big light so I had might as well get a new strain vegging

15. About topping, check my most recent videos for some experimental topping. It really depends on your height requirements and how long of a veg your gonna give the gals. If your gonna veg out for a solid month or 2 then I'd let them get up to about 8-10 inches with 3-4 nodes then top or fim. I fully topped a few of mine and fimed a few a well just to see what worked best. I like both and both have their specific applications. A little more input in needed on how long of a veg your going to give them before the flip.

16. And a pro tip on seed sprouting in paper towels if you put the paper towel at an angle when your sprout all the tap roots will be growing same direction (downwards) due to gravity.

17. Sweet! I had no idea...but it makes sense. I plan on vegging a month ...once they are in 3 gallon pots...about 6 weeks all told

18. [quote name="NinjaGrow" post="19193863" timestamp="1387490791"]Sweet! I had no idea...but it makes sense. I plan on vegging a month ...once they are in 3 gallon pots...about 6 weeks all told[/quote] what are your height requirements? How tall can you afford to let them get and still have a bare minimum of 18 inches headspace off the canopy in flower...even thru the stretch? And how much horizontal space will they have to consume as well? Those are all things you must consider when deciding what to do to your ladies.

19. Good points. My room is 6.5 feet tall...and I'm running 1000W HPS with a six inch cool tube...as it is right now...the plants can grow another 30 " before being in danger of light burn...another thing to consider is that in another 3 or 4 weeks I am going to be putting another 16 clones in flower also....I can lift the newer plants to the proper height if the light is too high from these plants. 

My clones are looking AWESOME!!! I cant believe how far they've come in a week...and they are producing budding sites every inch...Loving it. So far I'm digging the coco...the plants seem to be liking it...and for that matter the nutes...Knock on wood...no signs of any burning or deficiency...The plants are waxy feeling and deep green...They seem to be loving life.

Attached Files: