NinjaGrow 1000W HPS multistrain first indoor journal. Lots of????

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by NinjaGrow, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Hi fellow Blades :wave:  This will be my first indoor grow in about 10 years..I'm going to have a ton of questions And would love to hear the advice of those in the know..Glad to be back in the game! I'm growing a few different strains...The main ones being Apple Jack and Tripple lindey....I will also be trying out some seeds I have kept from decent bags from the past. This will be the first grow with a new room...that I'm still working the kinks out of...I would appreciate any and all feedback and advice along the way. 
       Its been ten years since my last indoor grow so this is going to be a learning experience. On all of my prior indoor grows...I used 2 liter bottles with the tops cut off for pots....I used pro mix for soil...and I used 14" sections of clothesline as wicks . I set the bottles in large tupperware containers and poured my nutes directly in the containers and let the wicks do the watering. I had some really good success with this method flowering immediately after the clones took root...ending up with 2'tall plants that were yielding an average 1/2 ounce per plant...with the footprint of a two liter bottle.
     I hate like hell to admit it....but back then i was using MG and whatever else was cheap as nutes.

I like to think i'm a little wiser now and will be giving a go at doing this crop organically...using two gallon bags. I still put the wicks in...but not sure that i will use them...I added them in case I had to be away from my grow for a few days up to a week...just as insurance the plants will not dry out on me. Any thoughts on using a wick system like this?  

Also...like I said...I'm new to the nutes game ...here is what i have on hand ...these were samples the local grow shop recommended. Roots Organics Grow and Bloom... and I have a bottle of cal mag as well as this stuff I got at HTG called Stump Tea

Attached Files:

2. I will be using some cheap organic potting mix I picked up at Home Depot...and mixing in a full bag of perlite to each bag of soil...

Attached Files:

3. Sounds like u gotta plan going there. What size light are u gonna use??? If u are using anything around 400 or bigger up your pot size to 5gal in flower and veg for about 4 or 5 weeks and you should get around 2-4 oz per plant. You could check out my grow link for any ideas. Ill help u out along the way lol subbd

Sent from my LGL45C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. For water I will be using De Ionized water. Which brings me to my first question. The water is consistently a 5 on the Ph chart. What should I add to the water for every watering? And how often should I feed this stuff and at what rate should it be mixed?

My second question...I am getting ready to transplant some seedlings and a few clones. The Dude in charge of the local HTG recomended I add the powdered stump tea to the soil when i transplant. Is this a good move? Here is what He said I should sprinkle on the dirt...

Attached Files:

5. Here is a shot of the babies I am about to transplant. Should I put them back under the T-5s for a few days after transplant or would it be ok to go straight under the 1000W HPS ? If I do go to the HPS right away...how far away from the lamp? I have been working on my room temps...and I can keep it warm,no problem...I was worried about it getting too hot...even with good airflow...my room is well insulated and heats up quick...so I went and bought a cheap duct fan...and a thermostat to turn it on when the temps go above 75F ...to bring in cold air from outside. I was planning on transplanting and installing the vent fan and thermo tonight. 

Attached Files:

6. u can add baking soda to ur water to make ur ph more alkaline and distilled white vinegar to make it more acidic. Ive nevet tried that stuff in the bag there but I guess it wouldnt hurt tryin it since your using home depot soil.. Honestly I would go foxfarm soil or something else quality from a hydro store if u have one

7. keep under t5 until they are a couple weeks old at least. And is your light air cooled?

8.  I was wondering about the soil...but the ingredient list is the exact same as the soil they were selling at HTG..And was about half the price...I have to use it now for monetary reasons but will switch to Fox Farm if you guys think its better on the next round..I am adding the Perlite to loosen it up a little. I bought some ph up and down in case i need it...I have heard vinegar works for a while but then the ph raises? I have no experiance with this...just going on other peeps recommendations. Thanks much for the quick reply! 

9.  The light is not air cooled at the moment but I'm using the heat to help heat the room...Outside temps are in the 20s F here and with the heat from the light I have found I can keep the room a semi stable 75F

10. heres a few shots of my room as it sits today...like I said...a work in progress

Attached Files:

11. I have to add....This past month has been a ton of work getting set up to do this....But has been the most relaxing time I have spent to myself in a while. Gonna smoke a bowl and think about tonight's transplanting :smoking:

Attached Files:

12. Subbed in bro I'll read through it when I get off of work

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1252985-tokin-goes-indoors-first-journal.html#

13. You should b good if u can keep your canopy temps at 75. Its all about trial and error but you seem like u will pick up on everything real quik

14. You don't keep your nutrients on the table under the lights right? Don't want the bottles to get too warm

current grow
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/906719-greenbudguy's-"perpetual"-grow

15. Just wanted to make sure. I'd hate to see your nutrients go bad and hurt your girls *knocks on wood*

current grow
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/906719-greenbudguy's-"perpetual"-grow

16. My ceiling height is six feet...I would love to move the ladies into 5 gal containers but I'm worried that I couldnt veg too long because I am limited how far above the plants I can keep the light...Your grow looks amazing....I am subbed and will be paying attention!

17. 5g pots are perfect for flowering. I veg for 30days and it works out perfect for me my grow space is only 6ft tall So im in the same restrictions. my 1000w grow space is actually 40x40x72. height depends upon strain but topping and lst will keep your plants low

18. After visiting the garden tonight...My Next move is going to have to be a carbon filter...fan and cooled hood. My thermometer says it got up to 85 today :-(  not good. Might as well bite the bullet and get the right shit.

19. so for a 10'x7'x6' room will a six inch fan e sufficient? how many cfms do i need?