A Field Theorists Perspective on Consciousness

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by pickledpie, Nov 30, 2013.

1. I don't care much for Deepak Chopra, while he may be right in his hypothesis, he did not prove it through science. When I speak of consciousness, it is not from a neuroscience perspective, for it is obvious to me that consciousness is not a product of matter, but rather matter is a product of consciousness, all things come from a state of in quantum probability, non-existence. The fact is that consciousness itself is not yet understood to be a product of the mind, thus the definition from neuroscience is already biased and unscientific. 

You want a paper though? Here.

http://mum.magic-hour.com/pdf_msvs/v01/hagelin.pdf

Now I want you to actually read it and use your own mind, rather than the opinions of others.

2. Lol also you said the brain doesn't function at the quantum level. That is just foolish, everything functions at the quantum level, and everything is a product of the functioning at a quantum level.

3. This is relevant, I wonder who will notice the relevance.

http://youtu.be/aXZOhqbQsOw

Technically he didn't, someone else did and he just copied and pasted it like most his arguments.. Pretty much anytime he makes an argument as to why he believes what he believes, he uses someone else's word of "truth" and wants to talk about being science being dogmatic. Trust me, there is no getting through the density of this one's skull. I would even wager that the thickness of his skull is a biological anomaly..

http://nonlocalconscious.weebly.com/to-the-skeptics.html

Did have me fooled though, I thought he at least wrote out the "The Fallacy of Classical Thought" line.. lol

5. My ideas are my own, I believe in truth, thus I try to find those who express it best.

http://youtu.be/oPEdDcs_8ZQ

"I'm too ignorant to understand the science behind something, that's why I get suckered by YouTube videos made to entertain my senses versus educate my mind."

7. Lol your ad hominems are useless, pointless and they shouldn't be here. I understand the science perfectly, I put that here so that you could potentially understand it as well.

Circling back to if you keep the God shit out of science, I'll not be a complete ass to you. God is not falsifiable, just as he can't be disproven, he can't be proven.. God shouldn't be here.. No question about it unless you can produce some real evidence of God that can be tested. I highly doubt that you'll be able to when no one in human history has been able to.. You're a 19 year old who's brain hasn't fully matured, who has never even been off the planet, that thinks he understands how the universe and life came to be..

Curious, for someone who understands that you can never fully understand something, that knows you can never truly know if you know, you sure do claim to understand a lot of shit.. It's extremely egotistically retarded.

9. The problem is that, science means nothing if there is no relationship between it and the rest of human experience, the rest of the human world. Science is a tool, a means to derive greater understanding, that does not mean we create a whole new world based solely around science, whilst ignoring that which comes from outside of science.

We as humans must incorporate science into the world, we must create a harmony between those ideas which are a product of human imagination, a product of culture and natural dynamics, otherwise science has no place in our world. Science is not a route to escape the things that came before it, it is just a small and simple means to corroborate it into the bigger picture. This is why philosophy is considered a parent to science, science is just a small denomination of philosophy, which is truly the highest "science".

Science itself is based upon the idea of empiricism, which we all understand is already proven to hold no weight as Descartes has imparted to the world, yet still it serves as a useful tool in a world where our physical existence relies upon the senses and our interactions with the world through our senses.

There can be no concept that is excluded from the realm of science, otherwise we go against the entire point of science. The concept of God must exist within and outside of science, it must be understood through every possible lens, there can be no limitations in the progress of humans.

Does the human imagination have limitations? What of dreams? Dreams are truly a miraculous thing if one truly contemplate them, not only through the realms of science but that of personal experience.

Our reality is shaped upon a base of infinite possibility, yet it has become commonplace for boundaries to exist everywhere, that is what defines us, our boundaries.

To truly delve into the realm of truth, boundaries must be obliterated, surrendered and dissolved.

You want to know what I think? I think your view of the world is outdated and soon to expire. Your view doesn't work, and it never will, you haven't seen the shift occurring, but it has occurred, the world is just left behind waiting for those trailblazers to lead us forward. You see with eyes limited, unable to perceive the whole reality, unable to create the connections. You don't use your own mind, you rely too much on the words of others.

10. @Mantikore 

Perhaps this little article can help broaden your thinking.

http://www.highexistence.com/thinking-within-paradoxes/  

I read a few years ago somewhere that a hallmark of a genius is being able to hold opposites together and transcend them. This stuck with me and over time I tried to make sense of it, because at first it was a very confusing concept. With some luck this concept began to make sense thanks to a random assortment of other things I read over the years following my discovery of this tidbit.
    This train of thought has now become one of my favorite things to ponder. I feel it has taught me the dangers of holding onto apparent absolutes. Once you believe in something as an absolute, you are automatically precluding yourself from believing in the opposite, which means that in some ways a part of your freedom of thought as a human being is forfeited as a result. A good example of rising above these conventional kind of thoughts constructed with absolutes is the Wave-particle duality. I love this example because it is somewhat recent and shows the possible errors in absolutes and how they can prevent you from thinking “outside the box” so to speak.
    Wave-particle duality is the concept that all matter and energy exhibits both wave-like and particle-like properties. Physicists argued for a long time whether light was a wave or a particle, and their insistence on their present beliefs prevented them from realizing the possibility that light could be both at the same time. While this is a very specific example, even using abstract thought experiments seems to work as well. Take these two opposites for example:
    You are nothing. You are everything.
    They both hold some truth and meaning. We can say you are everything because at any given point in time you are in contact with everything in the universe. It is impossible to escape both the tangible and intangible elements of the universe, they are constantly in contact with your being in a multitude of ways. A few examples are the atoms directly touching your skin as you sit, magnetic waves and invisible light waves from the sun passing through you, etc. Through this phenomena nothing can truly separate itself from all of existence. At the same time, we are nothing. Being part of everything in some ways means you are truly nothing as an individual. The idea that we are separate from the universe is more or less a really persistent delusion that we have somehow acquired. And even if we were separate…the amount of matter that you consist of in relative scope to what an infinite universe might contain is mathematically zero.
    Now I'd like to tie this line of thinking into another one….the concept and realization of knowing nothing, yet knowing everything. The Way of the Samurai calls this the trackless road, where infinite secrets appear. Once we realize how truly we are lacking we only have everything to gain. Holding onto this thought can remove all sense of both pride and humility. Without knowing anything there is nothing to be proud of, and at the same time we no longer need to feel humiliated because we have come to terms with our shortcomings. Even while we know nothing, we can know everything because the truth of every situation exists in our being.
    You know nothing, You know everything.
    This is why always being open to being wrong can be so powerful. You create a dynamic persona that cannot show weakness because when you truly let go of yourself, you open yourself to the universe instilling you with the most powerful type of truth. You become a fluid force that adapts to everything and anything on a whim, because your ego and preconceptions don't get in the way. Having an ego makes people fall hard, stops them from learning the errors of their ways and stops them from shifting the next constructively critical opportunity into a new, more powerful and improved version of their being. Being overly confident with your knowledge makes us vulnerable to clinging onto something false.
    Bruce Lee believed this as a core part of his fighting philosophy. I love it because I think it applies far beyond martial arts: “Be formless… shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..”
    Knowing nothing lets us flow into everything. I've been in martial arts just long enough to finally allow myself to know nothing, while simultaneously using everything I know. When someone throws an attack, a completely relaxed, open and trained mind will automatically show you the paths you can take to success, all you must do is let yourself flow through these paths. In this sense the only person you are overcoming is yourself. This is where the power of rising above opposites come into play. If we know nothing, we can know everything. Whatever true knowledge we have acquired already exists outside of our being, all we need to do is let it apply itself, let it fill the void like water. Such are many things in life, letting go of some of your beliefs can set you free and give you the ability to rise above the rest. “It's only once you've lost everything that you are free to do anything” Tyler, Fight Club
    Take your beliefs and preconceptions, consider the opposite. Hold them both, rise above them.

11. Schrödinger, in speaking of a universe in which particles are represented by wave functions, said, “The unity and continuity of Vedanta are reflected in the unity and continuity of wave mechanics.  This is entirely consistent with the Vedanta concept of All in One.”

http://www.themindunleashed.org/2013/07/physicists-find-evidence-that-universe.html

http://youtu.be/OrcWntw9juM

In Schrödinger's famous essay on determinism and free will, he expressed very clearly the sense that consciousness is a unity, arguing that this “insight is not new…From the early great Upanishads the recognition Atman = Brahman (the personal self equals the omnipresent, all-comprehending eternal self) was in Indian thought considered, far from being blasphemous, to represent, the quintessence of deepest insight into the happenings of the world. The striving of all the scholars of Vedanta was, after having learnt to pronounce with their lips, really to assimilate in their minds this grandest of all thoughts.”

12. According to Moore on page 125 of his biographical work, A Life of Erwin Schrödinger, Schrödinger found â€œVedanta teaches that consciousness is singular, all happenings are played out in one universal consciousness and there is no multiplicity of selves… The stages of human development are to strive for Possession (Artha), Knowledge (Dharma), Ability (Kama), Being (Moksha)… Nirvana is a state of pure blissful knowledge. It has nothing to do with individual. The ego or its separation is an illusion. The goal of man is to preserve his Karma and to develop it further – when man dies his karma lives and creates for itself another carrier.”
    In the above quote clearly demonstrates Schrödinger's firm belief in reincarnation.
    \nIn 1935 Einstein Prodolsky and Rosen challenged Quantum Mechanics on the grounds that it was an incomplete formulation. They were the first authors to recognize that quantum mechanics is inherently non-local, which means it allows for instantaneous action across arbitrarily great distances. So an action in one place can instantly influence something on the other side of the universe in no time at all. This very powerful paper (The EPR paper) explaining Quantum Entanglement changed the world and alerted us to the magical implications of quantum mechanics' metaphysical implications.
    But, Einstein states in his letter from to Max Born, 3 March 1947, “Es gibt keine spukhafte Fernwirkung”  which translates to “There is no spooky action at a distance.” He did not believe in magic. He believed in science and would regularly read the Bhagavad-gita.  Einstein's famous quote on the Bhagavad-gita is: “When I read the Bhagavad-gita and reflect about how God created this universe everything else seems so superfluous.” He also wrote in his book The World as I See It, “I maintain that the cosmic religious feeling is the strongest and noblest motive for scientific research” (p. 24-28).

13. Another genius scientist was Nikola Tesla, a super genius Serbian. Tesla, along with the others mentioned above, knew that the ancient Indian Brahmans (wise men), well equipped with knowledge from the Vedas, had understandings of the intricate laws, mathematical formulas and subtle workings of the universe that far surpass anything we can even imagine today.

Tesla understood the great power of Zero Point Field or Akasha or Ether: the power of space between the electrons and the nucleus. Vivekanda's effect on Tesla was so great that he became vegetarian, became celibate and started using Sanskrit words. He died with his scalar energy science in his head, because he did NOT want the US military to use it to destroy the planet. No wonder he was denied the Nobel prize and eventually killed. Knowledge is power, and there are many people that want all the power for themselves. Tesla wanted to give power to everyone for free! He was actually the first person to figure out how to make radio communication possible across the Atlantic ocean. But because he wanted to make this ability free for others his funding was stopped and the credit was later given to someone else that played the power game better than him.

Vedic texts such as the Bahgavad-gita and the Upanishads were collectively considered the most influential books ever written by eminent people like Thoreau, Kant, Schopenhauer, Schrödinger, Werner Heisenberg , Tesla, Einstein etc.

14. I guess if hes going to be criticized for copying and pasting he might as well take it to the extreme level ,while claiming that these ideas are his own.

Sent from my ME173X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Nobody can own an idea. Idea's exist regardless of them being encapsulated in the human awareness or not. I don't even know what to say to this, just doesn't make sense. Ideas are like organisms that spread like viruses between humans, one might associate ideas with the non-material realm, but this isn't the place for that right now.

16. http://youtu.be/vkBpR3d-Re4

17. And he does it again lol

Sent from my ME173X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Yea, all he did was talk about some retard shit called vedic science and never even linked quantum mechanics with consciousness.No EEG scans, no fMRI ,MRI or PET scans. nothing. I believed I asked for a paper from a respectable journal .
    http://www.mumpress.com/other-items-of-interest/modern-science-and-vedic-science.html
    looks like a cult to me.

19. Well if you create such based divisional boundaries between ideologies, then anything that doesn't fit into your world view is a cult. Look at the science, it is there plainly, ignore that which isn't. Everything is plain to see, you just don't seem to want to see it.

The funny thing is that you probably didn't even read the paper. All you need to use is your own mind, but that doesn't mean shit if you don't even actually read the shit you're supposed to use it in conjunction with.

20. Why don't you summarize it  instead of  copying and pasting rofl